Indian Special Forces

abingdonboy

Country flag
Chill bhai
They won't be into combat mostly for intelligence and pr that's it
Every force has it nothing big deal
It is a big deal.

1) every slot a less than qualified individual holds is one less slot for a capable individual to hold. That makes the entire force less capable. If you have X MARCOs as your sanctioned strength. It will now be X-clowns but admirals and babus will still think they are 100%
2) if these are going to be officers (which they will be intially) that means these clowns will be expected to lead men- the friction this will cause is one thing, the operational deficit is even worse

this is how you kill competency and any kind of elite culture. SF aren’t somewhere you go to socially engineer. They are meant to be the epitome of excellence

create a female only intel wing if you like but including them in the SF ranks, well you’ve just destroyed that entire unit. It’s as simple as that. There is NO world class SF on the planet with women in their ranks. None.

abingdonboy

Country flag
+ part of the appeal/myth of SFs is they are the best of the best. How many infantryman will respect SF anymore knowing they are more capable than members of those units now? You’ll have women strutting around with SF tabs degrading the entire brand, this will rapidly crater any sense of prestige those units may have in the wider community

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
There are bigger problem haunting the forces sure a few more concessions won't make us any worse.

jai jaganath

Country flag
It is a big deal.

1) every slot a less than qualified individual holds is one less slot for a capable individual to hold. That makes the entire force less capable. If you have X MARCOs as your sanctioned strength. It will now be X-clowns but admirals and babus will still think they are 100%
2) if these are going to be officers (which they will be intially) that means these clowns will be expected to lead men- the friction this will cause is one thing, the operational deficit is even worse

this is how you kill competency and any kind of elite culture. SF aren’t somewhere you go to socially engineer. They are meant to be the epitome of excellence

create a female only intel wing if you like but including them in the SF ranks, well you’ve just destroyed that entire unit. It’s as simple as that. There is NO world class SF on the planet with women in their ranks. None.
Having few woman being officer or sailor for intelligence and pr is necessary I feel
But in combat is the dumbest idea which Navy won't be doing
What I am saying is for pr we definitely need woman as we know the reasons
I am damn sure they will be used for this purpose only
Navy isn't fool to induct them into combat and reduce effectiveness
They will be in very small nos and if a intel and pr unit inside marcos is formed then they will have woman only teams especially pr
I don't think teams include males in pr(I might be wrong)
Anyway we are on same side that standard for combat operators shouldn't be altered and if not none of the woman in this entire world can be part of it

vampyrbladez

Country flag
Having few woman being officer or sailor for intelligence and pr is necessary I feel
They will be in very small nos and if a intel and pr unit inside marcos is formed then they will have woman only teams especially pr
Anyway we are on same side that standard for combat operators shouldn't be altered and if not none of the woman in this entire world can be part of it
Standards will be reduced. You will get the NSG equivalent of an all female commando squad.

abingdonboy

Country flag
You think the Indian military is sophisticated enough to make a distinction between intelligence and assaulters? A commando is a commando in india. Does this report say intel only? They’ll be fully badged SF and they’ll be officers so expected to lead qualified men, so not only are they less capable they’ll now make their entire formation less capable

this will destroy

abingdonboy

Country flag
There are bigger problem haunting the forces sure a few more concessions won't make us any worse.
Yes very big problems and does this solve any of them or make yet more issues?

Indian SF being criminally under equipped have to try and mitigate this by having exceptionally high physical standards.

So now you’ll get physically inferior ‘commandos’ with the worst equipment in around that you probably don’t want to send close to enemy territory for fear of them being captured, I’m sure the PLA and Pakis are shaking in their boots.

Meal Team 6

Country flag
My brother in Satan I gotta ask what experience you have of the military and further more, females in the military?
Men are physically superior then women, its a irrefutable biological fact, I am all for women in military for non combat roles or aviation role but in spec-ops which is extremely physically demanding ,its just not a wise decision to even consider women over men , and this is a defence forum, How many do you think have military experience ? Lot of people here who dont even know any military personel, so should we just restrict discussion for military personel or their knowns only ? Everything I said was just a biological fact or observation from others country trying to incorporate women in female role, put a counter-argument about what I said wrong or shut up.

mupper2

Country flag
Men are physically superior then women, its a irrefutable biological fact, I am all for women in military for non combat roles or aviation role but in spec-ops which is extremely physically demanding ,its just not a wise decision to even consider women over men , and this is a defence forum, How many do you think have military experience ? Lot of people here who dont even know any military personel, so should we just restrict discussion for military personel or their knowns only ? Everything I said was just a biological fact or observation from others country trying to incorporate women in female role, put a counter-argument about what I said wrong or shut up.
I do.

jai jaganath

Country flag
It's true no female can match male's physical endurance
If Navy is that interested then allow female to qualify without decreasing the standards without any alteration
I can bet no Indian female can qualify

mupper2

Country flag
Do Irish SF employ female soldiers?
Yes..the person at the rear of this stack is a female SOET
You guys gotta let go of the idea that the Unit = only shooters, it's not how it works anymore if it ever did, the unit is everone from shooters to looters(people who gather all sorts of intel etc), everyone has a job.

Meal Team 6

Country flag
I mean this is someone serving in a JSOC unit...who happens to be a woman.
1. On what basis are you sying she is a women ?
2. Even if she is that does not mean she is sf as there are a lot of components to jsoc,
She can be an aviator (not likely if this is pic is of women) or she can be paramedic attached to devgru, I know a women who was attached to devgru as medic, you need to understand that main component of a spec-ops unit are assaulters ,
Support group are not considered as part of unit but different element,
Mike glover was dta force g squad operative , many delta operatives openly states that support group ≠ unit.

Meal Team 6

Country flag
You guys gotta let go of the idea that the Unit = only shooters, it's not how it works anymore if it ever did, the unit is everone from shooters to looters(people who gather all sorts of intel etc), everyone has a job.
So other roles can not be fulfilled by a man ?
Man in support role will also be always better than women , as they will still hold physical superiority.

Meal Team 6

Country flag
And what unit is this SOET , cant find anything about it.

abingdonboy

Country flag
The British SRR has female operators...
Exactly the point. SRR is like G squadron of Delta, a dedicated recon unit. NOT an assault force or SOF

India has no equivalent so these clowns will get commissioned as full badged SF troops, then what? They will either have to sit at base depleting the unit of strength or go into the field and be a liability there

third world nation/military importing first world ideologies

abingdonboy

Country flag
I mean this is someone serving in a JSOC unit...who happens to be a woman. Anyway I've taken this OT too much...so I'll stop. Have a good one lads.
JSOC? No female has passed green team or OTC so this is either a support personnel or a man

to keep claiming women can serve in this capacity is deliberate obfuscation. KSK has been open to women for literally decades but because they never lowered standards no female ever got through selection.

Indian SF operate in austere environments with next to no support against enemies that look to take mutilate prisoners at any opportunity. What society wants that for their women?

Before saying this is an Indian problem,how about we talk about Jessica Lynch and the fact that the ordeal she went through was deliberately covered up by the pentagon and media?

jai jaganath

Country flag
Exactly the point. SRR is like G squadron of Delta, a dedicated recon unit. NOT an assault force or SOF

India has no equivalent so these clowns will get commissioned as full badged SF troops, then what? They will either have to sit at base depleting the unit of strength or go into the field and be a liability there

third world nation/military importing first world ideologies
Last line sums up everything

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles