Indian Special Forces

Meal Team 6

Country flag
Why don't we just make something similiar to US Army SOCOM thing and also remove para sf from para units bullshit.
It's clear that you need people who understand the concept and application of sf well enough to use them effectively. Our Vanilla commanders are not enough for this, we really need a sf command.
I would be happy even if we copy US SOF structure to the boot.
Wonder why nobody tri... Oh wait
images (1).jpeg

Parachute regiment ke non-sf afsar won't let that happen just like the last time.
S.F officers are not degenerates ,many of them know exactly what is wrong with sf and how to improve it, but current and former brass of parachute regiment wont hear a thing if it will decrease their power or heritage of regiment.
Destroying future for protecting past heritage.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Wonder why nobody tri... Oh waitView attachment 184873
Parachute regiment ke non-sf afsar won't let that happen just like the last time.
S.F officers are not degenerates ,many of them know exactly what is wrong with sf and how to improve it, but current and former brass of parachute regiment wont hear a thing if it will decrease their power or heritage of regiment.
Destroying future for protecting past heritage.
As long as the para regiment has ‘SF’ roles then india has no SF, the airborne officers pushed for years and years to have their battalions recognised as SF, they got their wish. A simple name change and a few extra weeks of ‘training’ and ‘SF’ just expanded by 30%. Standards and capabilities only drop from here.

without a standalone SF regiment/unit this fate Is done.

whoever came up with the para SF/commando concept was far too myopic, having such a blurred line within a singular regiment was always going to lead to this

Alamarathan

Country flag
As long as the para regiment has ‘SF’ roles then india has no SF, the airborne officers pushed for years and years to have their battalions recognised as SF, they got their wish. A simple name change and a few extra weeks of ‘training’ and ‘SF’ just expanded by 30%. Standards and capabilities only drop from here.

without a standalone SF regiment/unit this fate Is done.

whoever came up with the para SF/commando concept was far too myopic, having such a blurred line within a singular regiment was always going to lead to this
Now i fully understand the issue you mentioned earlier that current para sf personnel being rotated out frequently, hence the passing down the operation knowledge being hindered.

This issue is much deeper than i thought.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
We were a pretty good god damn super infantry inspired by SAS till the Lankan debacle...

Tell me where did we fuck up so bad that the Marcos guy is doing kadam taal like Arty recruit before firing his tooph before the Nose high General..

And so we have women commando.. i am waiting for transgender commando battalion with SF status too..

Wtf is going on.. We look like bloody illetrate jokers in all exercises and we are focused on nonsense really.

Bloody PLA type Army who is raising i wanna know.. Political afsaar sameth.

Picture bhi bana lo.. Puri PLA bana lete he.

Inderjeet Singh

Country flag
The 7th edition of Exercise Sangam, a joint Naval Special Forces exercise between Indian Navy MARCOs and US Navy SEALs commenced from 01 Dec 22 at Goa. Exercise Sangam was first conducted in 1994 and is an important military and diplomatic initiative between the two nations, reflective of the trust and friendship between them.
The present edition will see personnel from SEAL Team Five based at San Diego, USA and Indian Navy MARCOs from INS Abhimanyu together and aims at exchange of ideas and experiences on various aspects of Maritime Special Operations.
Whilst a joint exercise among US SEALs, MARCOs and other participating nations’ Naval Special Forces is held annually as part of Exercise Malabar, the Sangam series is a bi-lateral exercise purely between the US and Indian Special Forces. The exercise is planned for a duration of three weeks wherein personnel will exercise and hone their skills in Maritime Interdiction Operations, Direct Action Missions, Combat Free Fall Jumps, Special Heliborne Operations, and various other evolutions.

Arjun Mk1A

Country flag
Why don't we just make something similiar to US Army SOCOM thing and also remove para sf from para units bullshit.
It's clear that you need people who understand the concept and application of sf well enough to use them effectively. Our Vanilla commanders are not enough for this, we really need a sf command.
I would be happy even if we copy US SOF structure to the boot.

Is it technically AFSOD will prepare the SF roadmap along with Training, Combat etc.

Looks like top brass are more interested in PR rather than thinking about striking deep in the territories of your enemies.

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
I think that's an air gun,i saw such guns for training purposes.

Giveaways, lotta screw holes and gas port is very close to the barrel and no charging handle.

Anyway to be sure ill ask Google gods and come back
yep its a toy. No AK has holes for screws, let alone smack in the middle of the magazine... AK are pinned and spot welded.

Spadex

Country flag
U mean those black armasen tactical pc and mordern helmets belong to ghatak ?
Even better, most of them are regular soldiers not even ghatak. Yes some sane Commander/ CO have brought Plate carrier made by ARMASENTACTICAL for his troops.

Yes, they are specifically made for that environment, custom made infact.

abingdonboy

Country flag
We were a pretty good god damn super infantry inspired by SAS till the Lankan debacle...

Tell me where did we fuck up so bad that the Marcos guy is doing kadam taal like Arty recruit before firing his tooph before the Nose high General..

And so we have women commando.. i am waiting for transgender commando battalion with SF status too..

Wtf is going on.. We look like bloody illetrate jokers in all exercises and we are focused on nonsense really.

Bloody PLA type Army who is raising i wanna know.. Political afsaar sameth.

Picture bhi bana lo.. Puri PLA bana lete he.
Bollywood/masala mentality infected them.

around the same time every two bit neta started demanding ‘black cat commando’ security cover

the king fu/commando tropes we’re not dispelled but emulated by the pros and the guys at the very top never even knew what a SF was.

just listen to the difference in how an average Indian SF officer talks and that from the West. The latter will be more technically literate and mention specific SOPs, Indians talk abstractly with maximum drama value added

Automatic Kalashnikov

Country flag
Even better, most of them are regular soldiers not even ghatak. Yes some sane Commander/ CO have brought Plate carrier made by ARMASENTACTICAL for his troops.

Yes, they are specifically made for that environment, custom made infact.
So what happens when the unit moves out of desert areas, say to high altitude or jungle, the customized PC is usable?

Global Defence

New threads

Articles