Indian Special Forces

mupper2

Country flag
I think some personnel from the 1st or 2nd Commando Regiment were involved. Otherwise COMTACs and C-clamping seem too good for any vanilla infantry, even top tier militaries.
No those are Reg army INF

abingdonboy

Country flag
Yes, 99% sure they are 10 para sf

So weird. All of a sudden IA is trying to destroy and humiliate their SF capability

every time you think they’ve hit a low it just goes further down.

worst part here is the Australian infantry outclass Indian SF in equipment and skills (at least weapons handling)

instead of converting all airborne to SF they should’ve done the reverse. This is humiliating for the entire country

abingdonboy

Country flag
💯
For me 1 4 9 10 21 are true sf make rest sf units airborne no need of converting airborne to sf . Army should focus on these 5 units give them whate they from gunship to Pistol
Someone said "Sf can't be mass produce " if they are then they are just Airborne
The kind of Experience these 5 Para SF units have their equipment profile should be like European Sof
But in reality most experienced unit in India is most ill equipped one
How can you have more elite battalions than others? You will always fall to the lowest common denominator. Already there was the complaint after the original expansion that you’d have airborne officers flooding into the SF battalions, now this has been entrenched.

now no one inside Paras will understand what the difference is between a SF or airborne troop. I remember how many were in denial this was happening well….

and it only goes downhill from here boys

Kumaoni

💯
For me 1 4 9 10 21 are true sf make rest sf units airborne no need of converting airborne to sf . Army should focus on these 5 units give them whate they from gunship to Pistol
Someone said "Sf can't be mass produce " if they are then they are just Airborne
The kind of Experience these 5 Para SF units have their equipment profile should be like European Sof
But in reality most experienced unit in India is most ill equipped one
3 para is underrated

Kumaoni

I’d say only 9 and 10 should be SF (as they were raised to be SF initially). Rest should be airborne as they were initially raised to be.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
I’d say only 9 and 10 should be SF (as they were raised to be SF initially). Rest should be airborne as they were initially raised to be.
Bhai none of them who were there when they were raised is serving is in service anymore as far as most of the SF units are concerned except 11,12 ,5,6 and 7.11, and 12 were made from scrach and deputation afaik. And the current lot of men in other SFs like 2,3,4 and 21 are selected based on the gruelling SF selection procedure just like 1,9/10.So there is no point in disbanding the entire SF units but over the time restructure the units and allocate more funds and streamline the procurement process and recruitment process.
As we have to look after china pakistan myanmar and bangladesh and also numerous terror groups in NE and J&K and all the CT ops can’t be done by RR or Ghatak units as you will need special units to do niche ops.So just two SF units alone can’t cover the whole scenarios.

Scramjet

Country flag
How can you have more elite battalions than others? You will always fall to the lowest common denominator. Already there was the complaint after the original expansion that you’d have airborne officers flooding into the SF battalions, now this has been entrenched.

now no one inside Paras will understand what the difference is between a SF or airborne troop. I remember how many were in denial this was happening well….

and it only goes downhill from here boys
There are multiple reasons for this.
You already know the amount of neglect SF bns have had under conventional formation commanders, most of the SF type ops were done under the discretion of Bn CO. Heck, even their CT ops kit clearly show the difference.

Meal Team 6

Country flag
This guy shooting a Sig 716 type rifle
Look at his recoil control his body is just like average Indian Soldier
Bro its not about body but training, our soldiers have also gotten better with recoil management after training + this is sf thread + He is pro shooter who shoots way more than average soldier.

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
Why don't we just make something similiar to US Army SOCOM thing and also remove para sf from para units bullshit.
It's clear that you need people who understand the concept and application of sf well enough to use them effectively. Our Vanilla commanders are not enough for this, we really need a sf command.
I would be happy even if we copy US SOF structure to the boot.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles