Indian Special Forces

Inderjeet Singh

Country flag
You know, these might look cool but after these mods these rifles end up weighing close to a full size FAL, even more in some cases. You end up with a mid size calibre rifle which is just as heavy as a full size battle rifle.
Nothing cool in it just basic requirement of modern day special forces operator

abingdonboy

Country flag
They did say it will get a follow-up order
Sure, in 5 years, maybe for 100 more.

These guys are the ultimate clowns, everything is bought in a piecemeal manner in numbers so small they basically change nothing on a macro level. Everything if 6/12/100 units when the requirements are for 1000s if not 10,000s of everything.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Sure, in 5 years, maybe for 100 more.

These guys are the ultimate clowns, everything is bought in a piecemeal manner in numbers so small they basically change nothing on a macro level. Everything if 6/12/100 units when the requirements are for 1000s if not 10,000s of everything.
That's true but atleast its a step forward few years ago we would have thought no way they would buy something from an Indian company slowly but surely its changing atleast

abingdonboy

Country flag
That's true but atleast its a step forward few years ago we would have thought no way they would buy something from an Indian company slowly but surely its changing atleast
SSS, Armesan and a few others are truly gifts considering the environment they have to operate in. This alone is a reason to vote for Modi, the entire narrative has changed- even if the armed forces are fighting it tooth and nail like this is the fight of their lives

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
SSS, Armesan and a few others are truly gifts considering the environment they have to operate in. This alone is a reason to vote for Modi, the entire narrative has changed- even if the armed forces are fighting it tooth and nail like this is the fight of their lives
Exactly my point I wasn't much into defence but if you ever told me that private companies will make these things I would have laughed I hope sss carbine and snipers recive some love too and for love of god paras get some armasen plate carriers

abingdonboy

Country flag
Exactly my point I wasn't much into defence but if you ever told me that private companies will make these things I would have laughed I hope sss carbine and snipers recive some love too and for love of god paras get some armasen plate carriers
They are still pretty far from being comparable with the top speed stuff of foreign OEMs but they are miles better than what the DPSUs are churning out and if they get serious orders they’ll definitely use it towards R&D and will get significantly better. I just want to see Indian security customers going to Indian companies first, the scale that the Indian market can give could make these private sector companies huge but as of yet it’s very piecemeal

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
They are still pretty far from being comparable with the top speed stuff of foreign OEMs but they are miles better than what the DPSUs are churning out and if they get serious orders they’ll definitely use it towards R&D and will get significantly better. I just want to see Indian security customers going to Indian companies first, the scale that the Indian market can give could make these private sector companies huge but as of yet it’s very piecemeal
Agreed its not the best but its not bad either good enough to use while they all will evolve further and make better products they deserve this chance just imagining a defence force who don't have to rely on other countries for there defence equipments is great hopefully one day it will become a reality

NotASussyBoi

Country flag
honestly i feel like paradigm shift will happen if yogi or nitin comes in

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles