Indian Special Forces

ManhattanProject

Country flag
Okay, let me explain.

BPJ is a misnomer. Nothing is bullet proof, it is just bullet resistant.

When we look at what is called a BPJ, it is just many layers of kevlar that provides good overall protection against handgun bullets and shrapnel. It also has a "pocket" in the front and back for inserting a plate, which makes it resistant to rifle rounds.

View attachment 183999
(note the good amount of kevlar packing around neck, groin and shoulders - Very good shrapnel resistance.)

A plate carrier is basically only the "pocket", where you can slide in the plates and have protection from rifle rounds. However, it wont protect you from shrapnel anywhere else apart from chest and back.

View attachment 184001
Yup, this is how you explain things.

Meal Team 6

Country flag
Okay, let me explain.

BPJ is a misnomer. Nothing is bullet proof, it is just bullet resistant.

When we look at what is called a BPJ, it is just many layers of kevlar that provides good overall protection against handgun bullets and shrapnel. It also has a "pocket" in the front and back for inserting a plate, which makes it resistant to rifle rounds.

View attachment 183999
(note the good amount of kevlar packing around neck, groin and shoulders - Very good shrapnel resistance.)

A plate carrier is basically only the "pocket", where you can slide in the plates and have protection from rifle rounds. However, it wont protect you from shrapnel anywhere else apart from chest and back.

View attachment 184001
Thanks for the explanation, I was little confused at first .

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles