Indian Special Forces

rkhanna

Country flag
ssly i was thinking the same. And then keep feeling proud of sending your special forces to a competition called "Airborne" africa
Airborne Africa is (or was) one of the most gruelling challeneges out therefor Commando/LRRP units there is. It centers more in basic soldiering profficiency coupled with endurance (mental + Physical) and small unit leadership skills. Sort of like the Cambrian Patrol.

I good Army (Land) SOF unit should be able to do well in it as part of their bread and breakfast.

thebakofbakchod

This ‘all is well’ attitude is really depressing. In a world of the blind you don’t want to be the person that can see
I wont blame the common man for that since our retired genrils themselves love chest-thumping about being stronk and able to fight 10 fronts at once with Mig-21s and WW2 infantry equipment. The blame entirely goes to them. People in most countries will always believe that their soldiers are powerful

abingdonboy

Country flag
I wont blame the common man for that since our retired genrils themselves love chest-thumping about being stronk and able to fight 10 fronts at once with Mig-21s and WW2 infantry equipment. The blame entirely goes to them. People in most countries will always believe that their soldiers are powerful
That’s the thing. I don’t care for the opinions of the average person, they are ignorant and that’s fine. But that guy is a serving/retired officer and there are many defence enthusiasts on that thread/in the original tweet comments justifying this pathetic display. That is the reason this situation actually exists but they’d rather justify than introspection

Automatic Kalashnikov

Country flag
That’s the thing. I don’t care for the opinions of the average person, they are ignorant and that’s fine. But that guy is a serving/retired officer and there are many defence enthusiasts on that thread/in the original tweet comments justifying this pathetic display. That is the reason this situation actually exists but they’d rather justify than introspection
One of the replies to ur tweet is by a serving para sf officer I guess

Kumaoni

View attachment 183419

Where we should be (bare minimum) vs. Where we actually are.
India-Indonesia Joint Special Forces Exercise Garud Shakti 2022 commenced at Cilodong, Indonesia with focus on Counter-Terrorism operations, Close Combat Battle & Marksmanship training.
Indonesia has the right idea on how a third world special forces should modernize

Meal Team 6

Country flag
In a way this is correct.
Para sf has proven its success as a ci/ct unit fighting untrained local militants and semi trained porki jihadis.

Para sf is successful ci/ct unit, but its not a successfull spec-ops unit by any means.

Para sf equipment,modus operandi,mandate and ttps indicate that sf is just a name that they have given themselves, while their capabilities resembles that of light infantry.

Kumaoni

In a way this is correct.
Para sf has proven its success as a ci/ct unit fighting untrained local militants and semi trained porki jihadis.

Para sf is successful ci/ct unit, but its not a successfull spec-ops unit by any means.

Para sf equipment,modus operandi,mandate and ttps indicate that sf is just a name that they have given themselves, while their capabilities resembles that of light infantry.
No one doubts this at all.

Many of the Insurgents in the 1990s, were soviet Afghan war veterans and/or trained with the Afghan Mujahideen and were by all means competent. But the Para SF was also not lagging decades behind in the 1990s.

Now the terrorists that Para fights are utter jokes, and can be taken out by even police forces.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
No one doubts this at all.

Many of the Insurgents in the 1990s, were soviet Afghan war veterans and/or trained with the Afghan Mujahideen and were by all means competent. But the Para SF was also not lagging decades behind in the 1990s.

Now the terrorists that Para fights are utter jokes, and can be taken out by even police forces.
That time the anti infiltration grid was almost non existent, leave grid the fence was also not there.
A retired paki army fellow on pdf once bragged that " one could pass right below their and Indians didn't care ".
Today the terrorists are taken out by police forces mostly, what stops para sf from modernising is big mystery .
I only say about para sf and not para battalion.

Kumaoni

There were anti infiltration grids post 1991, where terrorists were killed in the 20s, 40s, and once even 70s.
That time the anti infiltration grid was almost non existent, leave grid the fence was also not there.
A retired paki army fellow on pdf once bragged that " one could pass right below their and Indians didn't care ".
Today the terrorists are taken out by police forces mostly, what stops para sf from modernising is big mystery .
I only say about para sf and not para battalion.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles