Indian Special Forces

thefewthefearless

Country flag
Sorry man but you need to reconsider your ‘sources’ and learn to think critically

MARCOs all start out as divers FIRST and have to pass the hardest diving school in india (clearance diving). And a significant portion of their training and ongoing currency is maritime based by nature. In what world as the Paras who largely restrict themselves to diving in lakes and rivers comparable in the water?

The lengths some will go to deify Paras isn’t surprising but that anyone lets them get away with this is.
that's what they told, para divers most of the time head the marcos in the valley.
i ain't a para fanboy tho. just facts.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
So garuds have rfi out for pistols saw it in news last night with 60% indegenous content I can only think that atal has any chance

Alamarathan

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Hi guys,just perused through the thread and saw none of our guys had suppressors on their rifles,(at least from what i saw so far)is this how they get deployed for combat ops?

Im asking this question from a noob perspective,because i remember seeing some ghatak troops are armed with suppressed b&t smg's,so why higher tier operators missing out such basic yet critical gear?
(Or they have it,but use it only during ops but ditch it while doing clicked?)

rkhanna

Country flag
Hi guys,just perused through the thread and saw none of our guys had suppressors on their rifles,(at least from what i saw so far)is this how they get deployed for combat ops?

Im asking this question from a noob perspective,because i remember seeing some ghatak troops are armed with suppressed b&t smg's,so why higher tier operators missing out such basic yet critical gear?
(Or they have it,but use it only during ops but ditch it while doing clicked?)
in our forces Supressors are only used by Point man on patrol or for sentry killing - so only one or two will carry suppressed weapons - usually SMGs but Paras have been seen with M4s and Tavors as well but again for very niche purposes only.

rkhanna

Country flag
The Fact that SOF units have to be contrained by the 'Make in India' rules is another feather in the 'I dont know what i am doing' cap.

Almost the globe over - irrespective of Military Industrial policy SOF are given a wide leaway into getting their weapon systems and other kit. Hell even the Rusisan SSO have been seen with Western Firearms.

Alamarathan

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
well but again for very niche purposes only.
Interesting,
Is this MO backed by tactical doctrine or just beacause lack of availability in numbers to our sf teams?
Imho,i think its kinda of an bummer,all the elite sf units around world provide suppressors to all members of their units,they even suppress their beltfed machine guns.

Am i wrong here saying that?

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
The Fact that SOF units have to be contrained by the 'Make in India' rules is another feather in the 'I dont know what i am doing' cap.

Almost the globe over - irrespective of Military Industrial policy SOF are given a wide leaway into getting their weapon systems and other kit. Hell even the Rusisan SSO have been seen with Western Firearms.
I agree with you but can't do anything about it hopefully private companies can fullfill sf small arms requirements

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles