Indian Special Forces

Spadex

Country flag
What was the need to buy x95s ,if they had to buy something specifically from israelis why couldn’t they buy Galil Ace gen 2 in 7.62x39 or the other new conventional rifles being made by IWI.Sorry i am not getting the names ryt now
X95 are not newly brought, they had them for some time....... although they were considering buying AR-15 plateform for their new Rifle

abingdonboy

Country flag
What was the need to buy x95s ,if they had to buy something specifically from israelis why couldn’t they buy Galil Ace gen 2 in 7.62x39 or the other new conventional rifles being made by IWI.Sorry i am not getting the names ryt now
Same reason Paras started getting flattop Tar-21s, the oldest Tavors needed to be replaced plus I don’t think MARCOs ever bought enough TAR-21s originally to issue to their entire force.

why the Tavor/X95 became the standard weapon For all SF/‘commandos’ in India I cannot fathom though. The X95 is an upgrade on the TAR-21 legacy but still a semi decent AR pattern SBR is better any day of the week. It’s hard to take Indian units seriously with these things in their hands

ManhattanProject

Country flag
as i said before the new x95s make sense, long barrel with shot overall length will be useful in ships and oil rigs. They should have invested in suppression.

Jedi Operator

Country flag
Wait a minute ye special forces thread hai na ?
Sorry , to trepasss here
Galti se bhatak ke agya mai , sorry
trespassers will be shot. Next time pls be careful.

Everything about them looks off these days. Like they’ve bought the new stuff but aren’t really sure how to use it or how it should be worn. Helmets and PC that don’t match and are not the right size, NODs on helmets with no counterweights, elbow pads etc

all the gear, no idea
I think we should give them some time then...our military's feedback system aint so good and fast, joint training like these should help them out. But it will take time. You can never be good enough. Look how other countries learnt from 26/11 better than we did. This should've started 10 yrs ago.

rkhanna

Country flag
as i said before the new x95s make sense, long barrel with shot overall length will be useful in ships and oil rigs. They should have invested in suppression.
Yes. Indian SF like full length carbines because most of their work is in Kashmir / NE. Marcos have a special need for SMG length for VBSS and Maritime Ops. Any other SOF unit would ofcourse issue weapons to fit each mission profile. We have to make to do with one. Hence the Tavor over AR pattern SBRs

Jedi Operator

Country flag
Same reason Paras started getting flattop Tar-21s, the oldest Tavors needed to be replaced plus I don’t think MARCOs ever bought enough TAR-21s originally to issue to their entire force.

why the Tavor/X95 became the standard weapon For all SF/‘commandos’ in India I cannot fathom though. The X95 is an upgrade on the TAR-21 legacy but still a semi decent AR pattern SBR is better any day of the week. It’s hard to take Indian units seriously with these things in their hands
AKs and Tavors seem to be the answer to all problems - believes the Indian Military. Why? because Hindi-Rusi bhai bhai and Hindi-Israeli also bhai bhai....just take a look at how veterans become super happy if IWI insta page puts them on their story and then keep beating around the bush as if history has been made. The heights of inferiority complex we have. Oh lord! Being liked by others syndrome keeps us away from using the brains we were given at birth and probably just trained to compete in entrance exams and nothing else.

Meal Team 6

Country flag
Yes. Indian SF like full length carbines because most of their work is in Kashmir / NE. Marcos have a special need for SMG length for VBSS and Maritime Ops. Any other SOF unit would ofcourse issue weapons to fit each mission profile. We have to make to do with one. Hence the Tavor over AR pattern SBRs
I would like to disagree, although bullpup rifles are more ergonomic , they lack modularity , any modern sbr would have been better than tavor as not only you can retract gun in congested spaces but it would have been easier to switch shoulders and lets not forget modularity, you can mount lights and modules without making the system congested , for a sf unit fast gear is more important then comfortable gear, SMG are becoming thing of the past as most modern spec-ops unit are switching to sbr that can provide fire power of 5.56 with shorter barrel,Also you do not purchase gun based on small part of mandate that is vbss and maritime ops, you choose a rifle which can fit your whole modus operandi.

rkhanna

Country flag
I would like to disagree, although bullpup rifles are more ergonomic , they lack modularity , an modern sbr would have been better than tavor as not only you can retract gun in congested spaces but it would have been easier to switch shoulders and lets not forget modularity, you can mount lights and modules without making the system congested , for a sf unit fast gear is more important then better gear, SMG are becoming thing of the past as most modern spec-ops unit are switching to sbr that can provide fire power of 5.56 with shorter barrel,Also you do not purchase gun based on small part of mandate that is vbss and maritime ops, you choose a rifle which can fit your whole modus operandi.
Lol bro - you just stated that the sky is Blue. We all get that

My point was different - Indian SOF will NOT get the money to buy a SBR AND a 14'' length carbine BOTH for each operator. Hence the TAvor is the compromise. And keep in mind that in 556 the 14" length is almost the wanted norm for us

And lastly let's not being "modern spec ops unit" into the conversation - the powers that be in India havnt the faintest clue what that means.

Do you think those Tavors are even loaded with subsonic rounds while assaulting a ship?

Global Defence

New threads

Articles