Indian Special Forces

Jedi Operator

Country flag
The guys who i went to academy with went the CD route. Wonder why they stopped it
cause CD is not a domain of MARCOS, lesson learnt first when the first two causalities they suffered in 1999, I posted about all martyrs from MARCOS. Because of their background in salvage diving, they did explosive ordinance disposal, that they did in the middle of firefight. Also MARCOS did jobs of CD sometimes, like Marine commando divers would inspect the shattered INS Sindhurakshak in its berth, using it for months as a training wreck for salvage operations. Also, their is a clear distinction between salvage diving & combat swimming. Current MARCOS diving course is the same for Para SF also. MARCOS do it in their first phase. In some cases, a former MARCO told me that the entire batch of candidates has got washed out in the diving phase. This used to happen especially when they did CD course, but difficulty level is the same.

Last edited:

jai jaganath

Country flag
Even this is what pretty lame. That helmet looks like it’s about to slip off his face with such an imbalance

I wish these professionals could grow up and put substance over style now
Yeah they need to have battery packs as balance
And we know they have it
May be the helmet he us wearing wasn't fitted with it

jai jaganath

Country flag
So can anyone confirm if paras bought those he says he source is sf guy he knows

View attachment 180367
Pls tell him more than weapons they need modernization of equipments like advanced pc, headsets, nvds, comms, etc.
Kya fayeda jab world ka best weapon ho aur uske upar sight LD wagera na ho
In generalized sense

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Pls tell him more than weapons they need modernization of equipments like advanced pc, headsets, nvds, comms, etc.
Kya fayeda jab world ka best weapon ho aur uske upar sight LD wagera na ho
In generalized sense
I agree but atleast we are going somewhere in terms if weapons for pcs I just hope we stop getting olive planet pcs as some memebers have pointed out they are of poor quality we have seen paras getting ballastic helmets and bump helmets comma and nvgs are nowhere to be seen

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
https://m.thewire.in/article/security/indian-army-sniper-rifles-search
The sad story of our sniper procurement.As usual unrealistic RFI and requirements
First thing the army needs to understand is a Sniper Rifle is a precision tool and can’t be mass manufactured. Same thing for training a proper marksman, the course has to proper and meticulous, you just can’t churn them in the 1000s.
Don’t get me started on the requirement of Bayonets. Still stuck in the Dragunov era as pointed by @Johny_Baba on the Small Arms thread.
Also absurd for a firearms manufacturer to supply the ammunitions for the gun themselves as this is a very less common thing for a firearms manufacturer to also manufacture ammunition or have a sister concern who manufacturers ammunition. They usually partner with a ammunition manufacturer but I don’t know whether MoD will accept that.
Another issue is the lack of match grade ammunition which has to be addressed by the Army either locally or through imports. No point buying a high grade firearm if you are going to use low grade ammunition.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles