Indian Special Forces

Sachinananda

Though I am very critical about para sf and too much against their procurement and institution
But I must say they have good quantity of highcut helmets, ach, modified patka and other modern helmet and
I don't understand why did they wear fiberglass in Expo knowing people would be watching them but in real ops they hardly wear those
As far as I remember in many recent ops pics they haven't wore fiberglass helmet
Pata nahi unke dimag me kya chal raha hai

AnantS

Country flag
Though I am very critical about para sf and too much against their procurement and institution
But I must say they have good quantity of highcut helmets, ach, modified patka and other modern helmet and
I don't understand why did they wear fiberglass in Expo knowing people would be watching them but in real ops they hardly wear those
As far as I remember in many recent ops pics they haven't wore fiberglass helmet
Pata nahi unke dimag me kya chal raha hai
I dont know why we are so hung of hight cut helmet, until unless everyone gets attachments to fill those high cuts. All I see are helmets which provide no protection to ear from shrapnel's/splinters. But then this is my 2bit opinion formed because of generally being uninformed about it and formed from seeing the pcitures.

Scramjet

Country flag
Yes it's a battle belt, also the plate carrier is relatively new, they were purchased by para airborne in 2013 and later they transferred to rashtriya rifles and infantry. Judging by the mepro mor + pc, He must be a para airborne guy
No he's SF (aise toh sab SF ban gye hain lmao). Most probably 9, they are running battlebelts/waistband pistol holsters in CT ops. I'll make a unit-wise kit breakdown someday.

thefewthefearless

Country flag
I dont know why we are so hung of hight cut helmet, until unless everyone gets attachments to fill those high cuts. All I see are helmets which provide no protection to ear from shrapnel's/splinters. But then this is my 2bit opinion formed because of generally being uninformed about it and formed from seeing the pcitures.
that's true but pls don't tell IA this bc they will add this into their long list of excuses of 'why are we still procuring patka instead of high cuts??' :rofl:
desh ka tax bas jernail saab ki pocket me jaata hai.
laid back attitude from these guys. hate the damn politics. itna paisa hai ki they can literally equip sf with modern gear.
india me jabtak bura hai nahi hota tabtak inke sar me juu nahi rengti. 'are bas chal raha hai, kya farak padta hai 50 lakh ka equipment deke jabki marcos se chure hue gear se bhi ops chal rhe hai;

Last edited:

rkhanna

Country flag
that helmets are divided into category and then distributed according to ranks
Yes this would be prevelant where the CO is an asshole and career climber. It's not the norm or offical but pretty prevalent.

A big chunk of the Army (more so than other services) feudalism is a norm. Warfighting is a secondary objective. Even their wives live for this shit

A good CO even at platoon level would not do that. Infact i have known some COs who will give the best kit to the best men under him. Sometimes buying out of own pocket

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
that helmets are divided into category and then distributed according to ranks
Ya thats true.

Havent you seen in some pics of LOC visits the CO wearing the best looking bpj and helmet.. also carrying pistol and the gun with optics when he is supposed to sit in office while his soldiers are not so well equipped.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles