Indian Special Forces

binayak95

Country flag
You are playing semantics and word game like a libtard. We won the military front but lost the political front. This was our Vietnam moment.
You can say the exact same thing about Vietnam and Afghanistan, Victories are not determined by how many enemies you slew or how many battles you fought but at the end of the day who's left standing in the field.

India lost SL badly.

This story of winning the battles and losing the war is as old as standing armies. King Pyrrhus would have a word to say about it, 2000 years ago

Blademaster

Yeah a full withdrawal on our part is a military victory, right? The entire senior leadership of LTTE was still alive. They still had thousands of cadres.

Also, the whole point of the IPKF was to protect the Tamils from Sinhala aggression, not fight them.

Vietnam was a military defeat for the US btw. Just like AF.

Moral of the story is, the only way to fully win counterinsurgency campaign where a whole population is against you is to instil fear of eradicating said population or actually do the same. Like the Rajapakasas did to the Tamils.
then you can say that Japan actually won the war against the US based on your type of reasoning and logic.

Blademaster

You can say the exact same thing about Vietnam and Afghanistan, Victories are not determined by how many enemies you slew or how many battles you fought but at the end of the day who's left standing in the field.

India lost SL badly.

This story of winning the battles and losing the war is as old as standing armies. King Pyrrhus would have a word to say about it, 2000 years ago
look at the comments again. They seem to imply that our military lost the battles against the LTTE. That was not the case. We withdrew after the Sri Lankans turned against us. It became politically non viable but at all times we held the initiative against the LTTE.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
We have been attracted to bullshit when the real point of the interview was the admission of the SF Major that Chakrata trains Balouchi and Sindhis.

Everytime we are derialed by childish arguments and baits and we take it.

I had a lot of respect for the Balouch ambush parties.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
Wait what? Prabhakaran was the best thing that happened to India wrt SL. If we had supported his Tamil Eelam thing, we'd have military bases all over eastern SL. We squandered it and China took advantage.
Prabhakaran was a cunning fox and his thinking’s in 80s were way ahead of time.I had read in The Island of Blood written by Anita pratap that,during his interview in mid 80s when there was no fighting between India and tamils ,he said that eventually he had to fight indoan army.This was way before IPKF was send and at that time he was in Hotel Asoka in Delhi.

Jedi Operator

Country flag
Just remember, training matters boys. Just because you call yourself elite/special doesn’t mean anything

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.jpg

I know this doesn't compare with SAS or Delta but shit just happens sometimes. I am pretty sure as for the Kenyans it is because of their training cause nearly everyone in that video was like this. But take a look at this....and ya it was a nigh jump so defiantly dangerous. But these two units operate with and train with ach other on a regular basis. Nothing to do with that video you showed. But just to let you guys know

Last edited:

Jedi Operator

Country flag

Jedi Operator

Country flag
But he didn’t. Tbh this is a perfectly decent way of getting guys from a helo into a boat quickly and without the need to get wet.
Agreed, sea is a cruel bitch.
Take a look at this.

climbing a caving ladder while boarding a ship under way calls for humongous upper body strength. The ladder itself is made of stainless steel cable, with titanium rungs. The fucking thing swings like a goddamn pendulum, and each increment is painful with guys having all the equipment on.

Killbot

Country flag
then you can say that Japan actually won the war against the US based on your type of reasoning and logic.
No, that was very different situation. Japan surrendered to the Allies, their generals got tried for war crimes, and they became an American vassal. The US still controls Guam. They still have naval bases in Okinawa and the Ryukyu Islands. They (Japs) also lost all their colonies (Burma, Malaysia, Thailand (vassal), Phillipines, Manchuria, SGP etc etc). Japan's entire geopolitical scenario is still centered around the US. These are all very tangible gains made by the US as a result of Japan's defeat.

They survived, didn't win.

Also OT, sorry

Jedi Operator

Country flag
I disagree with this Offissar. In the one book I read the Tamil tiger was nothing more than a rat hiding in the trees.
The book I read actually praises the LTTEs tactics. It’s just my opinion of them. I hold the same for the Talibanis.
Screenshot (5888).png

Dude! Like read any sensible material on LTTE, they were great. Trained in Chakrata they actually had all what you'd expect Special Group or IMSF in those days to have, like cause both of these units had MP5s right. But here you see an LTTE member with M4 Carbine and an M203 UBGL. Look at their trigger discipline and weapon handling. Maj Sapru's father raised a toast to them. Indian Army veterans from those times have stated that they respected them for their capabilities.

Screenshot (5889).png

India learnt lessons that help us fight insurgency in Kashmir, Para Commando units were renamed Special Forces after experience gained fighting the LTTE and learning lessons on ground. Why did MARCOS not loose a single chap but Para Commando units did, cause they fought 'commando like' during the initial stages of the war.
See this, what they did afterwards, how they changed.

Mind you, he was in Sri Lanka after 1987. And Lt Gen Tej Pathak, 9 Para SF's CO of that time told him "My orders have to be strict. Listen to me or we'll loose lives" From their they built their fighting capabilities right?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles