Indian Special Forces

Jedi Operator

Country flag
I asked Cdr Vijay on why is that as a special force, MARCOS changed it's name from Indian Marine Special Force to Marine Commandos. He said, it was the navy's decision not theirs and on paper they still call themselves IMSF or Naval Special Warfare, hence the name of their training center - Naval Special Warfare Tactical training Centre

rkhanna

Country flag
I asked Cdr Vijay on why is that as a special force, MARCOS changed it's name from Indian Marine Special Force to Marine Commandos. He said, it was the navy's decision not theirs and on paper they still call themselves IMSF or Naval Special Warfare, hence the name of their training center - Naval Special Warfare Tactical training Centre
I wish they also got rid of their maroon berets and went back to the sand berets.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
Whats with a name?btw Marcos sound dope than IMSF.IMSF gives a vibe of some trade organisation.Also there are atleast couple of true SFs with commando attached to them.

Jedi Operator

Country flag
I wish they also got rid of their maroon berets and went back to the sand berets.
They had the navy black berets, then IMSF got into Marine Commandos and they adopted maroon berets like Para Commandos, then went to sand berets because their motto "We dare to Win" was also inspired by 22 SAS's "Who Dares Wins". But then they reverted back to maroon

Last edited:

Jedi Operator

Country flag
Whats with a name?btw Marcos sound dope than IMSF.IMSF gives a vibe of some trade organisation.Also there are atleast couple of true SFs with commando attached to them.
They call themselves MARCOS cause they dont like MCF or Marine Commandos. In Navy MCF usually means these days Marine Commando Flight, the aviation unit in support to MARCOS.
MCF Flight.png

This unit in no way compares to 160th SOAR, but is still good

jai jaganath

Country flag
They call themselves MARCOS cause they dont like MCF or Marine Commandos. In Navy MCF usually means these days Marine Commando Flight, the aviation unit in support to MARCOS. View attachment 174455

This unit in no way compares to 160th SOAR, but is still good
We have nothing close to anyone and above it we have never set our standard or benchmark
Its a shame for 4th strongest military

rkhanna

Country flag
They had the maroon berets, then went to sand berets because their motto "We dare to Win" was also inspired by 22 SAS's "Who Dares Wins". But then they reverted back to maroon
Yes i know. I am talking about their current head gear.

And i don't know of any reference to the 22nd. I know a plank owner and their inspiration was always the USN Seals and RMC-SBS. The Sand berets from what i remember was actually a hat tip to sand - and homage to the original UDT unit they were carved out of.

Few the fearless is their motto no? Will check on we dare to win. Interesting.

But nonetheless maroon berets are ridiculous.

IMO each one of our SOF has an inherent identity crises

Jedi Operator

Country flag
Yes i know. I am talking about their current head gear.

And i don't know of any reference to the 22nd. I know a plank owner and their inspiration was always the USN Seals and RMC-SBS. The Sand berets from what i remember was actually a hat tip to sand - and homage to the original UDT unit they were carved out of.

Few the fearless is their motto no? Will check on we dare to win. Interesting.

But nonetheless maroon berets are ridiculous.

IMO each one of our SOF has an inherent identity crises
Check Cdr Rawat's interviews he says "The Few The Fearless" became MARCOS motto in 2006, MARCOS got it's own badge somewhere in early 2000s too. Old school MARCOS motto he mentions was "We dare to win"

Jedi Operator

Country flag
Me & My friend were discussing this last night. But he is more vella than I am so he typed it in a fancy manner and told me to post it here.

An Idea far far away from reality and only in our wish list and daydreams.......Here I present it to you

Screenshot (5737).png
Screenshot (5738).png

Tum log ye socho kon itna vella hei iss duniya mei

Last edited:

EternalNxg

Country flag
Me & My friend were discussing this last night. But he is more vella than I am so he typed it in a fancy manner and told me to post it here.

An Idea far far away from reality and only in our wish list and daydreams.......Here I present it to you

View attachment 174467View attachment 174468
Imo special group should not be moved out of raw, put 9 para in place of special group and deem it as a tier 1 unit. Similar to the Americans, cuz delta while being a part of jsoc is also part of asoc.

Kumaoni

View attachment 174467View attachment 174468
Tum log ye socho kon itna vella hei iss duniya mei
Special groups operations seem to be closer to DEVGRU IMO.

Jedi Operator

Country flag
Special groups operations seem to be closer to DEVGRU IMO.
Whenever it says "similar to" he means "should be similar to"

By the way SG is like Delta Force. They don't train too much for Maritime Counterterrorism and do a lot of intel ops too, see that interview of Colin Maclachlan on Chris Thrall's channel...he says Delta Force is not the US military's main door kicker. In book relentless strike they say, Delta trained Iraqi personnel to spy for them and got more embedded with CIA than SAD's ground branch

Global Defence

New threads

Articles