Indian Special Forces

abingdonboy

Country flag

Really wanna see Paras with sigs and their tactical reload now just hope they had some scopes
Wait what? If they are doing a tactical reload there will be a round in the chamber so they should not need to cock it at all, if they are doing an emergency reload they’d just need to load a new mag and release the bolt (if it has the same feature as all other AR type platforms

@Gessler does the 716 have an automatic last round bolt open feature?

even when trying to look slick the IA shoots itself in the foot and exposes the shortcomings in even basic understanding

abingdonboy

Country flag
There shouldn't be any thread on RAW. This thread itself sometimes starts toeing the OpSec line. People here have a lot to add. Some stuff is best not added.

Since we are talking of speculation, what do you guys think of this?-

IMO, this is a good move. As long as you're not moving through uncharted territories, these are excellent tools for carrying around weight, not taking up fuel, increasing a soldier's longevity and reach.

Goofy as it may look, I had always wondered why modern armies don't field bicycles.
They're excellent tools. There's a world of difference between running a hundred kilometers and cycling a hundred kilometers and a good carbon fiber build won't be heavier than 10-20 kilos at most
You can have soldiers arriving fast and super fresh on an objective hundreds of kilometers away without using any fuel. It also won't cost a significant dime.

Great move I'd say. Both for moving around inside friendly lines and even in times of conflict in enemy territory (with proper ISR of course).
I can assure you, a soldier who can run 10 kilometers in an hour can cycle a hundred with ease in maybe 3-4 hours or so.
It’s fine for patrolling except they’ve left the reflectors on the wheels

Like I said, IA give off very amateurish vibes

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
Wait what? If they are doing a tactical reload there will be a round in the chamber so they should need to cock it at all, if they are doing an emergency reload they’d just need to load a new mag and release the bolt (if it has the same feature as all other AR type platforms

even when trying to look slick the IA shoots itself in the foot and exposes the shortcomings in even basic understanding
Yes, but i guess they're doing it on empty mags so pulling the charging lever would lock the bolt rearwards, and needed to be released from bolt catch on left hand side - hence this sort of ;drill; here.

also notice one guy tried to insert the mag as if he was reloading an AK or INSAS, i.e. in those ;nose-in-rock-back; style with front of the mag being inserted at angle etc...then prolly realised it's just drop-in-out sort of thing so pushed it inside the mag well...

along with ;tactical; reload practice they also need proper familiarisation with internal workings of the firearm to easily understand gist behind all these things, else it's just musle memory thing that would someday fail them in heat of the fight

Jedi Operator

Country flag
It’s fine for patrolling except they’ve left the reflectors on the wheels

Like I said, IA give off very amateurish vibes
amateurish because we are still desis....have you see Paki SSG rolling like jack asses and doing the same kind of unarmed combat demonstrations as our beloved Deepak Rao & Mrs. Seema Rao. What i am trying to say is that we people are sensational so we like to represent ourselves for show most of the time

Killbot

Country flag
Wait what? If they are doing a tactical reload there will be a round in the chamber so they should not need to cock it at all, if they are doing an emergency reload they’d just need to load a new mag and release the bolt (if it has the same feature as all other AR type platforms

Last round blot hold open is there, it's likely that these guys have not figured out how to use the bolt release button, which loads a round into the chamber.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
There shouldn't be any thread on RAW. This thread itself sometimes starts toeing the OpSec line. People here have a lot to add. Some stuff is best not added.

Since we are talking of speculation, what do you guys think of this?-

IMO, this is a good move. As long as you're not moving through uncharted territories, these are excellent tools for carrying around weight, not taking up fuel, increasing a soldier's longevity and reach.

Goofy as it may look, I had always wondered why modern armies don't field bicycles.
They're excellent tools. There's a world of difference between running a hundred kilometers and cycling a hundred kilometers and a good carbon fiber build won't be heavier than 10-20 kilos at most
You can have soldiers arriving fast and super fresh on an objective hundreds of kilometers away without using any fuel. It also won't cost a significant dime.

Great move I'd say. Both for moving around inside friendly lines and even in times of conflict in enemy territory (with proper ISR of course).
I can assure you, a soldier who can run 10 kilometers in an hour can cycle a hundred with ease in maybe 3-4 hours or so.
Except for patrolling in plains,all the abovesaid benefits are of zero practical value if seen from an ops point of view.You can’t take a cycle for a raid or ambush ops.It will become a liability only if you want a hasty retreat also covering it up also another issue.cycles are also not suitable for moving around in hills and dense jungles

abingdonboy

Country flag
Last round blot hold open is there, it's likely that these guys have not figured out how to use the bolt release button, which loads a round into the chamber.
I’m not sure about that, it’s a very basic feature of the weapon that should be imparted during training. Also I’m pretty sure at least once one of them hits it after their cocking hasn’t released the bolt

abingdonboy

Country flag
Yes, but i guess they're doing it on empty mags so pulling the charging lever would lock the bolt rearwards, and needed to be released from bolt catch on left hand side - hence this sort of ;drill; here.

also notice one guy tried to insert the mag as if he was reloading an AK or INSAS, i.e. in those ;nose-in-rock-back; style with front of the mag being inserted at angle etc...then prolly realised it's just drop-in-out sort of thing so pushed it inside the mag well...

along with ;tactical; reload practice they also need proper familiarisation with internal workings of the firearm to easily understand gist behind all these things, else it's just musle memory thing that would someday fail them in heat of the fight
The cocking is entirely redundant even if the mags are empty. Just drop the mag, load a new one and tap the bolt release (even if it isn’t held open), why even touch the charging handle? That’s just reinforcing improper technique that will expose itself in the worst moments.

i can buy the AK legacy issues-with the AK you’d have to cock it after loading a new mag so if that’s what they are used to then they might be applying the same concept as muscle memory.

this just highlights the IA isn’t giving decent instruction/practice and also the utter folly of having so many different weapons in service at the same time with such different operating mechanisms- reloading and safety systems are completely alien between the AK, INSAS and sig 716, and not these jokers want a new CQB which could be god knows what.

this is the kind of stuff that can get soldiers killed in war

Killbot

Country flag
I’m not sure about that, it’s a very basic feature of the weapon that should be imparted during training. Also I’m pretty sure at least once one of them hits it after their cocking hasn’t released the bolt
Keyword in your post is 'should'.

Knowing IA, it's definitely possible that they haven't fully adapted to the weapon system. They're handling it the same way they would handle an AK.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Twitter says mags are empty that's why
That’s still not an explanation. Why do you need to cock it if this is all dry firing anyway? Like I said, that just instils improper muscle memory. The best athletes/shooters will practice their techniques exactly as they intend to do them 100s/1000s of times so they are exactly right on the time they need them

Anyway this is all a little much to analyse, they are basic inventory and the Indian army isn’t known for having spectacular weapons handling to begin with

Maitri03

Country flag
That’s still not an explanation. Why do you need to cock it if this is all dry firing anyway? Like I said, that just instils improper muscle memory. The best athletes/shooters will practice their techniques exactly as they intend to do them 100s/1000s of times so they are exactly right on the time they need them

Anyway this is all a little much to analyse, they are basic inventory and the Indian army isn’t known for having spectacular weapons handling to begin with
Why are you so pessimistic

ManhattanProject

Country flag

The AR platform seems to be far to complex for our soldiers. They dont seem to understand the bolt hold open feature.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles