Indian Special Forces

abingdonboy

Country flag
The red flag was when marcos failed to survive on a Andaman island in a wargame situation.
Soldiers die in training all the time, even SFs. A few years back a number of recruits for SAS died during the land navigation stage of selection.

Can’t really infer much from a single data point like this

that said I’m not 100% convinced MARCOs have too much land warfare expertise

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Soldiers die in training all the time, even SFs. A few years back a number of recruits for SAS died during the land navigation stage of selection.

Marcos have on record come and said they have more respect for Para SF.. i think that sorts out things.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Marcos have on record come and said they have more respect for Para SF.. i think that sorts out things.
I don’t doubt it. If you listen to MARCOs they are are professionals and know what their skillset is. They understand they are a maritime SOF and rightly give a lot of importance to the water stuff

to date MARCOs haven’t had to do true land warfare stuff in combat so are pretty untested. Most of the Indian military is in the same boat- pretty much a peacetime and untested entity

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Couldn't have said it better. Relentless strike is a must read for every SOF enthusiast.

On Lanka I have heard first hand accounts from veterans who were there both SF and conventional as well one who trained the LTTE

There is a fiction book called becking isle written by an ex SF chap. For the most parts quiet accurate

So now we take pics of SOF units on deployment and share on SM huh? Lol jai ho
I met with a Inf school instructor on a train 10 years ago.

He told me that Sri Lankans are good soldiers.

In Sri Lanka LTTE was better trained and better equipped. Our soldiers used to have SLRs.

They were trained by the best in India for guerrilla warfare and our infantry was no match at all for them.

Except Para Cdo battalions no one earned respect in Sri lanka of LTTE.

A single LTTE kill was like gold and it was a renaissance time for Indian SF.

In some incidents they even outplanned Para cdo battalions that was their level.

OTOH there hasnt been a time SSG has outplanned or outgunned even a single infantry battalion in kashmir.

They may have the kills but they have retreated mostly.

Pakis are mostly talks.. Afghanis, Tamils, NE ones are the tough nuts.

Kumaoni

I met with a Inf school instructor on a train 10 years ago.

He told me that Sri Lankans are good soldiers.

In Sri Lanka LTTE was better trained and better equipped. Our soldiers used to have SLRs.

They were trained by the best in India for guerrilla warfare and our infantry was no match at all for them.

Except Para Cdo battalions no one earned respect in Sri lanka of LTTE.

A single LTTE kill was like gold and it was a renaissance time for Indian SF.

In some incidents they even outplanned Para cdo battalions that was their level.

OTOH there hasnt been a time SSG has outplanned or outgunned even a single infantry battalion in kashmir.

They may have the kills but they have retreated mostly.

Pakis are mostly talks.. Afghanis, Tamils, NE ones are the tough nuts.
Good soldiers who couldn’t even take Jaffna City roflmao

Jedi Operator

Country flag
Couldn't have said it better. Relentless strike is a must read for every SOF enthusiast.

On Lanka I have heard first hand accounts from veterans who were there both SF and conventional as well one who trained the LTTE

There is a fiction book called becking isle written by an ex SF chap. For the most parts quiet accurate

I have read the Beckoning Isles, even asked a few questions to Major Abhay on ig, he is an amazing person. This reminds me

True, rele

Jedi Operator

Country flag

I have read the Beckoning Isles, even asked a few questions to Major Abhay on ig, he is an amazing person. This reminds me

I have seen lots of people writing this image on so many social media platforms as '1 Para SF in disguise'

Like at least someone should have read on his website what's written as it's description right?

It's "Pakistani Militants Summer Camp Lolab"
Thora socha to karo bhaiyon

And true relentless strike is a must read. It was written in a boring language but i enjoyed it because everything in it is worth having your attention on. The content itself is savage! From ISA's close target reconnaissance in Syria to SEAL team 6's black squadron using merchant vessels to mount recce operations and preparing their RHIB in disguise of a research vessel to do Over The Beach assaults

Jedi Operator

Country flag

If any of you wants to ask something about MARCOS, go ask Cdr Vijay Rawat on Instagram. Till now, he has been the most welcoming to all of my questions.

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag
guys, is there a thread about RAW or IB here?
Here:

Inderjeet Singh

Country flag
I have one question why army airforce and navy give order to different companies for High cut helmets so much variety from team Wendy to TASL why not buy from one company i think it is easy if you buy from single company they may lowered the price of helmets

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
I have one question why army airforce and navy give order to different companies for High cut helmets so much variety from team Wendy to TASL why not buy from one company i think it is easy if you buy from single company they may lowered the price of helmets
Do you honestly expect that level of Synergy and Foresight in Indian Defence Procurement 😂.

Jedi Operator

Country flag
Guys what do you think about this:
NSG and SG should be permanent positions

and we should have a Special Forces Support Group (SFSG) based on the British Concept and have the Parachute regiment attached to it, so that they can serve on deputation their and then go back.

9,10 and 1 should be away from the Parachute Regiment and into the Special forces Regiment.

Rest all your Paratroopers should apply for selection and go to SFSG on deputation. Those who want to volunteer for SF can also do that.

By any case I believe that SG should come to the Army not R&AW.....it's more like 22 SAS, Delta Force or Sayeret Matkal. Special Forces Regiment should either be like Green Berets or it should be the case that the best SF operators from each battalion 9, 10 and 1 should be organized into SG's A Team, B Team and C Team respectively. They can maintain their older nick names and insignia like what DEVGRU does. Those who want early retirement should be given. Many others from all these three battalions who were left out as SG's Teams have smaller number of men (75-100 I believe) so they can be a part of a unit for advance forces operations like Delta's G squadron and DEVGRU's Black Squadron. Many others should be able to go to a new SF unit that is more like CIA SAD. 1st Archers i think resembles Intelligence Support Activity. But I know for a fact that those capabilities are limited to the China and Kashmir frontier.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles