Indian Special Forces

Kumaoni

Strange how we are still stuck in the era of Ramayana, chivalry, knights and rajputs.

knowing very well how muslims changed the rules of battles for worse.. and they continue to do so.

Glad that Chattrapati Shivaji Maharaj was not like some of us.
Even Rajputs later adapted and starting doing things like ambushes, night attacks, etc

OFBkaRakhwala

Country flag
It’s not really my area of expertise, I guess the top top units these days are using the SIG MCX (gold guns) and Mk18s? I guess that’s too gucci for india, some M4s with SOPMOD block 2 features (basically anything from late 00s onward ) would be a decent enough standard issue

but small arms aren’t something I’m that up to date on @Gessler dreams this stuff
Shayet 13 uses some version of the Tavor family, along with AKs and UZI, Mk18 is just m4 but shorter barrel, change the upper reciver of any M4 and you have a Mk18.

Inderjeet Singh

Country flag
Strange how we are still stuck in the era of Ramayana, chivalry, knights and rajputs.

knowing very well how muslims changed the rules of battles for worse.. and they continue to do so.

Glad that Chattrapati Shivaji Maharaj was not like some of us.
From 700 ( Bappa Rawal) to 1600 ( Veer Durgadas Ji Rathore and read how they fought ) only rajputs who confronts Mughals Afghans and all after that Sikhs and Marathas comes

rkhanna

Country flag
About 300 Indian are supposedly being held Hostage in Myanmar. Supposedly by Chinese Criminal Org / Myanmar Mil.

This is the place where our SOF capacity should be used to force project and protect our interest in our neighborhood. Can we ?

STORE

About 300 Indian are supposedly being held Hostage in Myanmar. Supposedly by Chinese Criminal Org / Myanmar Mil.

This is the place where our SOF capacity should be used to force project and protect our interest in our neighborhood. Can we ?
We can and we should. It's time to show the world wht we r capable of.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
From 700 ( Bappa Rawal) to 1600 ( Veer Durgadas Ji Rathore and read how they fought ) only rajputs who confronts Mughals Afghans and all after that Sikhs and Marathas comes
I am a rajput myself.. i was not criticizing rajputs for their tactics but they made the same mistake of forgiving and letting go which some of us want to do now.

OFBkaRakhwala

Country flag

30 have been rescued so far other will probably be to in the same way hope for it.

Waanar

Country flag
So lets wargame .. Who would you put for this op and why?
Para SF because they know the area and have a history of joint ops with Tatmadaw and thus, probably a robust deconfliction mechanism in place.

Doubt we have any unit that practices hostage rescue like NSG but they'll be really out of their comfort zone there imo.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
The whole thing is incredibly sketchy. Do we remember seeing an RFI/RFP for these rifles? For almost every nut and bolt the Indian military has to do long winded open tenders involving multiple vendors, somehow here these things major appear.

the ones buying them don’t care what they actually do or how they perform
Yes.. those generals who orders these does so tot who eever gives them more money.Just like every other govt department military too is plugged with corruption but fans wont agree. I could share numerous such stories of corruption done by higherups ,which was told to me by the retired veterans who works with me and also my relatives who had served.

OFBkaRakhwala

Country flag
Yes.. those generals who orders these does so tot who eever gives them more money.Just like every other govt department military too is plugged with corruption but fans wont agree. I could share numerous such stories of corruption done by higherups ,which was told to me by the retired veterans who works with me and also my relatives who had served.
When you claim something back em up with some proofs please, and yes there has been a incidents of corruption which even came to the public notice but in this specific case give me a proof cause I know about the existence of emergency funds which they use to bypass the lethargic process

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles