Indian Special Forces

skunk works

Country flag
German military is the only thing that isn’t woke in Germany. It’s quite interesting.
One has to understand that we have a different perspective to them. Germans haven’t been allowed to overtly recognise their own history since WW2 and celebrate much of what they had to be proud of. This only creates more fringe thinking if you push them in the darkness. That’s why there’s a LOT of Neo-nazi like things popping up these days- particularly in Eastern Germany.

+
a lot of people conflate these kind of units celebrating specific military units (many of whom predated Hitler) and and nazism. the KSK can trace its linage back to elite units in WW2 that had military successes and served their nation. Seen from this light it’s a different story.

Moral of the story- don’t eff around with Germans, that’s exactly how you get facists but the leftists have been in charge for a long time now and they are creating pushback.
Assessments of West German rank and file soldiers during the cold War were not good. I remember reading it from a US military nuclear artillery officer stationed in Germany.
He said the biggest threat to the Pershing missiles was sabotage by communist locals, and that he didn't have confidence in the Bundeswehr security force.

singhboy98

Country flag
The coolest video you will see today (deliberate action HR intervention by CAG)

This is why you want a permanent cadre of 30+ year olds who have 10++ years of experience behind them who build on excellence instead of deputations that keep your force young and untested.
What is so great about this video/exercise anyway? Why is the opposing force not retaliating? The individuals playing terrorists seem to have taken a muscle paralyzer which renders them incapable of movement. A real hostage scenario would involve booby traps, decoys and much more. In that scenario this amount of speed what prove to be counter productive.

Do keep in mind that I am not necessarily opposed to the point you are trying to make. It is just that the video you posted does a poor job of proving your point.

Killbot

Country flag
What is so great about this video/exercise anyway? Why is the opposing force not retaliating? The individuals playing terrorists seem to have taken a muscle paralyzer which renders them incapable of movement. A real hostage scenario would involve booby traps, decoys and much more. In that scenario this amount of speed what prove to be counter productive.

Do keep in mind that I am not necessarily opposed to the point you are trying to make. It is just that the video you posted does a poor job of proving your point.
It could be that the guys playing the terrorists don't know where the Deltas are coming from. In which case this exercise is 100% accurate.

It's also realistic that terrorists in real life would have a slower reaction time than trained soldiers.

rkhanna

Country flag
a lot of people conflate these kind of units celebrating specific military units (many of whom predated Hitler) and and nazism. the KSK can trace its linage back to elite units in WW2 that had military successes and served thei

Nah bro. There were singing proper Nazi and SS propoganda songs as per the report with all the Heil Hitler's to boot

It could be that the guys playing the terrorists don't know where the Deltas are coming from. In which case this exercise is 100% accurate.

It's also realistic that terrorists in real life would have a slower reaction time than trained soldiers.
This is an old video and If i remember correctly been debunked as CAg/Military. Maybe larpers ?

They bum rushed through open ground against a fixed defensive position.

Scramjet

Country flag

Exactly, HRT simulations(and even lots of operations) tend to be fast paced. Take Op ashwamedh by NSG for example.

Scramjet

Country flag
This is an old video and If i remember correctly been debunked as CAg/Military. Maybe larpers ?

It's a video by CAG veteran Matt Pranka

singhboy98

Country flag

1.) The terrorists had lookouts posted outside the target house. Which is why the lead aggressor started firing after exiting the helicopter. The noise of the gun (even if it was suppressed coupled with the helicopter - assuming it to be a regular helicopter and not the skunk works kind) should be more than enough to alert any half decent terrorists (The ones IA encounters in Kashmir often have SSG equivalent training) .

2.) Even if the reaction time of the first terrorist in the house got him killed, his partners in the house would have started dumping mags/grenades long before the CAGs had the time to swing their barrel onto the next target. Their is no way that such a mission could have been carried out with zero casualties unless the SF utilised some sort of gas dispersed paralytic agent in the house (to degrade the capabilities of the terrorists) before going in.

Anyways, the above discussion is besides the point. My reply to the OP was in context of him/her stating that this was the best combat video ever. I disagreed with the statement and posted the reason for it.

Exactly. Any terrorist cell with a leader having even half a brain would have positioned a LMG/MMG interdiction post on approaches to the house. I am sure of one thing. If the Americans utilised this tactic in Kashmir against a BAT cell (or any other SSG trained cell), half of the team would have been cut in half on the way from the helicopter to the target house.

Killbot

Country flag
1.) The terrorists had lookouts posted outside the target house. Which is why the lead aggressor started firing after exiting the helicopter. The noise of the gun (even if it was suppressed coupled with the helicopter - assuming it to be a regular helicopter and not the skunk works kind) should be more than enough to alert any half decent terrorists (The ones IA encounters in Kashmir often have SSG equivalent training) .

2.) Even if the reaction time of the first terrorist in the house got him killed, his partners in the house would have started dumping mags/grenades long before the CAGs had the time to swing their barrel onto the next target. Their is no way that such a mission could have been carried out with zero casualties unless the SF utilised some sort of gas dispersed paralytic agent in the house (to degrade the capabilities of the terrorists) before going in.

Anyways, the above discussion is besides the point. My reply to the OP was in context of him/her stating that this was the best combat video ever. I disagreed with the statement and posted the reason for it.

Exactly. Any terrorist cell with a leader having even half a brain would have positioned a LMG/MMG interdiction post on approaches to the house. I am sure of one thing. If the Americans utilised this tactic in Kashmir against a BAT cell (or any other SSG trained cell), half of the team would have been cut in half on the way from the helicopter to the target house.
Like @rkhanna said, it's probably larpers. Agree with this post completely.

Killbot

Country flag
Exactly, HRT simulations(and even lots of operations) tend to be fast paced. Take Op ashwamedh by NSG for example.
If you look at the video again, youll see that the first terrorist had his back facing the door. And the rushing across open ground is also indicative of larpers.

OFBkaRakhwala

Country flag

They are practicing speed here without force on force

singhboy98

Country flag
They are practicing speed here without force on force
Nope. The aggressing team is weapons free and their are real humans playing terrorists so I am not sure how you came to this conclusion. I am quite positive that no half decent HRT squad would ever employ this tactic in the given scenario. Using such misplaced tactics is what leads to incidents like the EDI fiasco. Speed of entry has a place and time in certain hostage rescue scenarios. This is definitely not it. This one calls for a slow stealth based approach.

abingdonboy

Country flag

There are 2 kinds of hostage rescue assaults- deliberate action (when the assault force plans the the time of the assault and optimises it for success) and immediate action (where say they’ve just started executing hostages and you’re going in now so speed is essential)

this is the latter- it’s riskier for the reasons you’ve mentioned but it’s called for to save life.

the opposing force here are being assaulted rapidly from multiple sides and likely there’s other distractions going on like decoy explosions and buzzing helos. It’s not hard to believe that they would be off guard with this kind of aggression coming at them.

considering that CAG gets Rangers to play their OPFOR much of the time I don’t think they are playing this on easy mode just for the cameras

abingdonboy

Country flag
Nah bro. There were singing proper Nazi and SS propoganda songs as per the report with all the Heil Hitler's to boot

I don’t know many larpers that have access to 160th SOAR birds

click on the link and see the comments. This is CAG

abingdonboy

Country flag

Why do people always fall for this argument- what you see in 1 video is 100% of their tactics and how they’ll approach every situation. This is a specific scenario and what they needed to do in this instance. In another they’d behave differently.

as a national response force CAG have to train for pretty much every scenario imaginable. They aren’t fixed in their tactics

abingdonboy

Country flag
Nope. The aggressing team is weapons free and their are real humans playing terrorists so I am not sure how you came to this conclusion. I am quite positive that no half decent HRT squad would ever employ this tactic in the given scenario. Using such misplaced tactics is what leads to incidents like the EDI fiasco. Speed of entry has a place and time in certain hostage rescue scenarios. This is definitely not it. This one calls for a slow stealth based approach.
You can’t compare EDI to this. CQB’s principles are- speed aggression and surprise. Which of these was present in EDI? They kept sending SF guys through the front door in daylight AFTER the terrorists had entrenched themselves. There was no surprise element like in this video where the target went from calm to being assaulted within seconds- and again this isn’t the sole way these guys operate just how they can do if the situation calls for it.

EDI is the worst example to bring up in reality, it was pure cannon fodder tactics

EternalNxg

Country flag
I think that was Red squadron wasn’t it? Their mascot are tomahawk Indians (native Americans) who used to collect scalps from their enemy. I think members of Red used to be issued hand made tomahawks for ‘multi purpose/decorational purposes’
Yup the fuckin tomahawks, only specifically issued to Red and Silver Squadrons but the difference is that red merely scalped their kills. Blue on the other hand used to skin the dead like how you'd skin an animal. VILE!

abingdonboy

Country flag
Yup the fuckin tomahawks, only specifically issued to Red and Silver Squadrons but the difference is that red merely scalped their kills. Blue on the other hand used to skin the dead like how you'd skin an animal. VILE!
There have been posts here of PARA SF (even ghataks) bragging about them go over and beheading Pakis

aggressive men who are trained to be killers charged to wage war up and close with the enemy are going to find the line between right and wrong much blurrier than us sat in the comfort of our own homes.

like trump said, we have killers too or something to that effect.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles