Indian Special Forces

Arjun Mk1A

Country flag
It annoys me that it has a airsoft optic mounted on it and the rear flip-up iron sight is mounted backwards.

Don't have big understanding of optics but if they don't how these things should be mounted on Guns. Then complete disgrace. Even nowadays kids have good memorization and can assemble and disassemble things.

Kumaoni

View attachment 169406

These guys can do airborne operations.

Joke aside: Don't know what master stroke army planning. But one thing is sure AFSOD is killed even before started to function.
My issue is this. Back then, there was a clearcut difference between Paratroopers and Para-“commandos” (Ik many on this thread hate the word commando). Now this difference is diluting.

rkhanna

Country flag
The Taliban managed to survive long enough, There was no ass kicking of the coalition. The US's biggest mistake was not developing the building blocks for a united Afghanistan and not giving adequate importance to developing it's institutions and military to gradually cede representation to them. Militarily the original taliban was annihilated within three months, the "Taliban" that came after was not the same as the previous one at all and survived due to the aforementioned reasons, Pakistani logistical and unconventional support and a lack of hard numbers to cut down their freedom of movement. Ultimately an incompetant Afghan government and military owing to an incompetant attempt at state creation by the Americans is what lead to modern day Afghanistan.
Who just wrote whole bunch of English words which i don't think even you understand but either way not relevant to what was being discussed.

The Topic was was SSG FID.

PS Don't just copy paste other people's opinion on random topics. Think for yourself. You will sound way smarter than you think you are.

Kumaoni

The Taliban managed to survive long enough, There was no ass kicking of the coalition. The US's biggest mistake was not developing the building blocks for a united Afghanistan and not giving adequate importance to developing it's institutions and military to gradually cede representation to them. Militarily the original taliban was annihilated within three months, the "Taliban" that came after was not the same as the previous one at all and survived due to the aforementioned reasons, Pakistani logistical and unconventional support and a lack of hard numbers to cut down their freedom of movement. Ultimately an incompetant Afghan government and military owing to an incompetant attempt at state creation by the Americans is what lead to modern day Afghanistan.
They didn’t win the country side. To defeat the Pathan in his own country, that has to be the top priority.

Agreed with everything else tho

ManhattanProject

Country flag
Don't have big understanding of optics but if they don't how these things should be mounted on Guns. Then complete disgrace. Even nowadays kids have good memorization and can assemble and disassemble things.
I am sorry, can you clarify what you are trying to say?
I didnt get what you are saying about the kids disassembling things.

Arjun Mk1A

Country flag
I am sorry, can you clarify what you are trying to say?
I didnt get what you are saying about the kids disassembling things.

I am zero regarding scopes and Guns. Thus I thought it looks fine to me but found out wrong when you mentioned. Since these things are showcased from either OFB manufacturing area/ARDE , people working there will have basic idea how to mount the accessories. But surprisingly they forgot. Even nowadays kids have great memory they know how to do puzzles without issue but somewhat gun making adults don't remember these things.

ManhattanProject

Country flag
I am zero regarding scopes and Guns. Thus I thought it looks fine to me but found out wrong when you mentioned. Since these things are showcased from either OFB manufacturing area/ARDE , people working there will have basic idea how to mount the accessories. But surprisingly they forgot. Even nowadays kids have great memory they know how to do puzzles without issue but somewhat gun making adults don't remember these things.
Well the optic will still work but it wont last in any kind of military use. The soldier who designed the gun probably was running on a budget and thought the cheap stuff will do.

Fire and groove

Country flag
Who just wrote whole bunch of English words which i don't think even you understand but either way not relevant to what was being discussed.

The Topic was was SSG FID.

PS Don't just copy paste other people's opinion on random topics. Think for yourself. You will sound way smarter than you think you are.
Your comment is talking past mine and isn't even in remotely sharing in perspective. My comment was very relevant to the bottom half of the one i replied to, the rest of your comment is simply conjectured projection.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
You a civilian want documentary proof from another civilian - on the internet ? Where even global Intel agencies have not disclosed ?

Sadly I cannot disclose said proof that you are looking for. There are articles on the internet if you look. SOFREP is one place you can start.

However if you know anyone senior in the Indian Intelligence or Northern Command they will give you enough of what you need.

Lastly, out of pure logic it would have been impossible for the Taliban to arm training and establish C&C for night operations in a massive blitz in a vaccum.

Ps regarding the fight against the Soviets or their fight alongside the haqqani network. There is enough proof for you to find.
For that someone has to dig in youtube and find..there are plenty of sources.

I have done it when i was on pdf...i second your thoughts.

What is there cant be denied.

rkhanna

Country flag
Your comment is talking past mine and isn't even in remotely sharing in perspective. My comment was very relevant to the bottom half of the one i replied to, the rest of your comment is simply conjectured projection.
My bad. I thought it was a message from the other guy to mine and didn't make sense.

Please disregard

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
Lolololol you're so innocent.
It's a well known fact that SSG would take "vacations" just to go fight in Afghanistan alongside Taliban.
Yes Gaurav Arya Ji mentioned this in one of DO videos
They sneeck past Durand Line and do Collab with Teletubbies as a Side Bijiness

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles