Indian Special Forces

abingdonboy

Country flag
Interesting stuff. Reminds me of when Para SF prevented a Maldivian coup. France has definitely, as a country, improved militarily since the 20th century, from gettinf taken down easily by Nazi Germany to these wonderful Operations.
Nazi Germany was the most militarily advanced nation in existence in the late 1930s that had been planning its war for years. France was complacent largely because they thought the Maginot line would protect them. Germany simply out thought and fought them and then french politicians sold them out after seeing all of the countries east of them fall like cards.

France has a long and exemplary military history

Blademaster

Interesting stuff. Reminds me of when Para SF prevented a Maldivian coup. France has definitely, as a country, improved militarily since the 20th century, from gettinf taken down easily by Nazi Germany to these wonderful Operations.
The French fought on until they ran out of gas and the Germans did not subdue the whole of France fully. Even with the surrender, the Germans let the French have Vichy France albeit under German masters.

ManhattanProject

Country flag
Yes!

Major Jacob said that when they pointed out this drawback of American SF's where they are depending too much on technology and aren't training their SF's to peak Physicality in terms of endurance, stamina etc, apparently the American SF's replied "What's the point?"

In real world scenarios, the American SF's don't go on missions for 2-3 days in difficult terrain. So, what's the use of training SF's to do such missions?

American Tech is so good that they can finish any sort of mission in hours.

It's just a different POV.

Indian SF's think we are better since our SF's can do missions in mountains that last for days.

American SF's think they are better since they don't have to put themselves in such a tough situation in the first place as their tech is enough to finish any kind of job in hours.

It's similar to comparing a 100m sprinter vs 10,000m marathon runner.
That a very naive way of looking at this, no offense.

Blademaster

Real hand to hand combat
As God made all men, Samuel Colt made men all equal. Don't bring a knife to a gunfight.

There is a reason why martial arts is not practiced that extensively in most professional armies. One, they don't have time to teach all the intricacies of martial arts just the basic to mentally prepare the soldiers for what is coming next, two, martial arts are no match for training with guns and machine guns, and three, it just make you look silly and stupid.

Fire and groove

Country flag
There was a hostage situation of foreign tourists in Kashmir back when terrorism was at its peak. Polish as well as British citizens i think so they sent their very professional Sfs for recuse ops because they didn't trust us. Polish Sfs were sent officially and there was also brit Sfs unofficially i have read somewhere.
Tey tried bhery bhery professionally but at last a few dead bodies were recovered and they gave up and returned 😂 Indian forces killed all the terrorists involved. Don't remember the exact details of the incident if someone does please share.

There is also a conspiracy regarding this event that Indian intelligence knew the location of the hostages beforehand but didn't give the information so that India can use this incident to show radical terrorism in Kashmir.
But all in all eurofags returned empty handed 😂
Source: Trust me bro.

binayak95

Country flag
The only competent military in Europe is the UK, that's all I'm willing to concede
UK is actually competent. But they're thimble sized. Barely a Divison worth of troops. Their air force is a joke. Stupid availability rates for the Typhoons and F35s are Hangar Queens for now.

Type 45 DDGs: only 2 of 6 are operational at any time - and the list goes on.

Only true powers in Europe: Poland and France. Baaki sab bhele hai

binayak95

Country flag
French military has the greatest record of battles. Even in WWII, the exploits of the Free French army is stuff of legends.

And let's not mention the 1st Guards who fought the delaying action at Dunkirk that allowed the BEF to run away.

French military history is just 👌🏼👌🏼

With the exception of Crecy and Poitiers and Agincourt 😂

binayak95

Country flag
Nazi Germany was the most militarily advanced nation in existence in the late 1930s that had been planning its war for years. France was complacent largely because they thought the Maginot line would protect them. Germany simply out thought and fought them and then french politicians sold them out after seeing all of the countries east of them fall like cards.

France has a long and exemplary military history
It's not just french confidence in the Maginot. The military had it's soul sapped by the battles of Somme and Verdun. They were desperate to avoid that. Kinda lost the will to Fight.

Kumaoni

UK is actually competent. But they're thimble sized. Barely a Divison worth of troops. Their air force is a joke. Stupid availability rates for the Typhoons and F35s are Hangar Queens for now.

Type 45 DDGs: only 2 of 6 are operational at any time - and the list goes on.

Only true powers in Europe: Poland and France. Baaki sab bhele hai
POLAND? HAHAHA. I am currently In a food court using DFI from my phone (DFI to me is what Snapchat and Instagram is to other American children), caused a scene everywhere XD.

Kumaoni

French military has the greatest record of battles. Even in WWII, the exploits of the Free French army is stuff of legends.

And let's not mention the 1st Guards who fought the delaying action at Dunkirk that allowed the BEF to run away.

French military history is just 👌🏼👌🏼

With the exception of Crecy and Poitiers and Agincourt 😂
If anyones performance is underrated and stuff of legends, that goes to Indian troops in Jorth Africa and Burma

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
POLAND? HAHAHA. I am currently In a food court using DFI from my phone (DFI to me is what Snapchat and Instagram is to other American children), caused a scene everywhere XD.
You saw how much shit they bought after ukriane war ?

Fire and groove

Country flag
No not at all - This was earlier in 90's. Famous case. And yes few were killed.
Oh i know about the kidnappings, i just find it weird that the NYT post foesn't give any reference as to how it knows CAG, GSG9 and the like were deployed. Nor does it give an idea as to what capacity they're deployed in.

AnantS

Country flag
Oh i know about the kidnappings, i just find it weird that the NYT post foesn't give any reference as to how it knows CAG, GSG9 and the like were deployed. Nor does it give an idea as to what capacity they're deployed in.
I too read that India gave access to some countries(dunno was it some vet blog) - so that they know the difficulty of rescue of operation.

OFBkaRakhwala

Country flag
A NGO which covers terrorism activities said it was Norwegian FSK who were here

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles