Indian Special Forces

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag
Fun fact : MCX despite being good in desert environments actually has an un-impressive performance in Mountain and Arctic warfare. Shown in garand thumb videos . Although a lot of his videos just like Indian trial system has a lot of lunar and Maritian testing . But most other Ar-15 performs better in snow . Especially Knights Armament .

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
Is the early generation of tavor that we use a good suppresor host ?.the whole gun community seems to be split on anything related to tavor or the x95 civi versions as many love them and many simply call it not even worth a damn .

Scramjet

Country flag
I have seen that show too
It's BS
There is an episode preceding that, the seals do a mission in PoK, and gets extracted in an IAF helicopter

Watch the Series Seals, the equipment and drills etc are watch worthy
Take it at face value, get entertained and reject
Don't give it too much thought, especially don't ask stupid shiiet from a fictional story
Sounds like a story I've read in richard marcenko's book Domino Theory.
He was the one who raised DEVGRU.
There were mentions of a Navy unit called special squadron zero in it.

Keyboard Warrior

Novoske is the new boy in the market , if I'm not wrong seen just last year with the USNSWC operators.
Geissle on the other hand is overused
Noveske is older than iwi and have been getting gun contracts for long time from jsoc but they indeed are super expensive , same goes for knights armament ,they are cheaper then noveske but still expensive ,

If I have to choose between iwi arad and car 816 ,
Arad looks better in almost every term , better light weight design , 300 blk , m lok railing system although is not as strong as picatini its js definitely lighter ,
But it doesnt matter because para sf will end up replacing old tavors with new tavors , I dont think they will change it .

Fire and groove

Country flag
Saw some show with whole episode dedicated to Mumbai attacks seals came to Mumbai rescued some us citizens show is said to be a fantasy with a bit of realism and efforts from ex seals so was wondering did they really come here or its just a show

P.S- at the end of ep muricans gives us proof that it was pakis so im not sure about credibility
Been watching Seal team have we?

Marliii

Country flag
Noveske is older than iwi and have been getting gun contracts for long time from jsoc but they indeed are super expensive , same goes for knights armament ,they are cheaper then noveske but still expensive ,

Arad looks better in almost every term , better light weight design , 300 blk , m lok railing system although is not as strong as picatini its js definitely lighter ,
But it doesnt matter because para sf will end up replacing old tavors with new tavors , I dont think they will change it .
Are they that much obsessed with bullpups that they are replacing old tavors with new variants when the whole advantage set of bullpups have been mostly negated by SBRs without the negative effects of bullpups .I really don't understand what we see in bullpups for spec ops that rest of the world doesnt .

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag
Are they that much obsessed with bullpups that they are replacing old tavors with new variants when the whole advantage set of bullpups have been mostly negated by SBRs without the negative effects of bullpups .I really don't understand what we see in bullpups for spec ops that rest of the world doesnt .
Pretty much . I think the most important cause as to why Ar-15 are not being used is change in training methodology and drills . Just like what US went through, we also have to go through change of doctrines and analysis. Logistics are also an affair which we shouldn't forget .
Paras previously being on the lazier side of development, ignored on such studies and subjects and went on with their decades old Morales and doctrines. When NSG was busy hiring globally trained local contracters , Paras simply remained arrogant .
A lot of operators prefer M4 over their regular Tavor . Only a select few have the interest to work on their bullpup skills and drills .

In this case the operator wearing the exfil in the Vajra Prahar video .

Marliii

Country flag
Pretty much . I think the most important cause as to why Ar-15 are not being used is change in training methodology and drills . Just like what US went through, we also have to go through change of doctrines and analysis. Logistics are also an affair which we shouldn't forget .
Paras previously being on the lazier side of development, ignored on such studies and subjects and went on with their decades old Morales and doctrines. When NSG was busy hiring globally trained local contracters , Paras simply remained arrogant .
A lot of operators prefer M4 over their regular Tavor . Only a select few have the interest to work on their bullpup skills and drills .

In this case the operator wearing the exfil in the Vajra Prahar video .
Their seems to be attempts made by them to change from this as seen by the whole FN scar fiasco but in the end that didn't went anywhere those m4s themselves are pretty old and those tavors ain't better

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag

Ah sorry didn't notice . But what's the point of going super expensive. Everything doesn't have to be gold engraved . The only thing that matters is optimal performance and durability.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag

Ok , I have Q to @Nightshade1992 and @COLDHEARTED AVIATOR .
Is this a practical training solution for driving . If is then which of the Indian forces are trained for emergency tactical off-roading and driving . NSG seemed to possess a few capabilities . Saw this Marsoc drill a few years ago but didn't know where to ask
They need to do because the US SF are very diverse in ops.They operate everywhere.And in different circumstances.

We dont need this capability because most of our ops are on foot not even helo.NSG rightly trains for it along with CISF.

I would however would have loved to see some dirt bikes,ATV,etc with Rajasthan and punjab based SF units but things seen in pics dont look too impressive.

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag
They need to do because the US SF are very diverse in ops.They operate everywhere.And in different circumstances.

We dont need this capability because most of our ops are on foot not even helo.NSG rightly trains for it along with CISF.

I would however would have loved to see some dirt bikes,ATV,etc with Rajasthan and punjab based SF units but things seen in pics dont look too impressive.
Correct me if I'm wrong but we do have a few atv s.
No dirt bikes , but a few Articat ATVs , the Off-road Force Trax LSV and the still awaiting ALSV for 10 and 3 SF batts.
But we've only seen them being used in demonstrations

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Correct me if I'm wrong but we do have a few atv s.
No dirt bikes , but a few Articat ATVs , the Off-road Force Trax LSV and the still awaiting ALSV for 10 and 3 SF batts.
But we've only seen them being used in demonstrations
Ya..it appears to be for the show..i have not seen one pic in drills .

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles