Indian Special Forces

abingdonboy

Country flag
Except the manufacturer is perhaps one of the world's premier producer of weapons. So I'll trust their use of language since apparently us brown folk don't know the meaning of certain words.

IA generals weren't stupid when they bought the Dragunov, then Galatz back in the day based on the little money allocated to them, neither were they stupid when they acquired Sako and Barretts when their kitty pot had been stuffed with a few more cents.
IWI? Not SIG? Not HK? Not FN? The top tier units in the world that can buy whatever they want, how many of them use a single IWI as their standard issue?

IWI is used the world over by poor nations/militaries that need something cheap and cheerful.

As Major Avainash’s description proves, Indian military has almost no concept of actual sniping but keep fighting on this hill. I don’t know who you are trying to convince

OFBkaRakhwala

Country flag
IWI? Not SIG? Not HK? Not FN? The top tier units in the world that can buy whatever they want, how many of them use a single IWI as their standard issue?

IWI is used the world over by poor nations/militaries that need something cheap and cheerful.

As Major Avainash’s description proves, Indian military has almost no concept of actual sniping but keep fighting on this hill. I don’t know who you are trying to convince
They started the sniper course very late just in 2021 or 2020

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
Bhai galat story lag rahi hai.

Gursevak was killed jab vo heptr se neeche Utah raha tha

Here’s the original source, that’s why I did not offer any comments.

Immanuel

Country flag

Last I checked, India is still a poor nation? Secondly, why would Western countries buy foreign weapons, Germany, UK, US, France and many other have their own local industries. True IWI weapons are used by a lot of poor countries so what? Does the bullet care if it was fired by a rich white privileged European or some brown ass rag tag militia? IWI still remains one of the world's largest producers and as I said, I'll trust their naming / terminology of their weapon. Apart from that India already have Barretts, Sakos, PSGs, Dragunovs, M107s, what the fuck else do you want you little cuck. Since 2-3 years they have increased training.

I didn't disagree with the Maj. nigga, I disagree with you. You exaggerate like a tranny male exaggerates about his heavy periods.

NotASussyBoi

Country flag
Last I checked, India is still a poor nation? Secondly, why would Western countries buy foreign weapons, Germany, UK, US, France and many other have their own local industries. True IWI weapons are used by a lot of poor countries so what? Does the bullet care if it was fired by a rich white privileged European or some brown ass rag tag militia? IWI still remains one of the world's largest producers and as I said, I'll trust their naming / terminology of their weapon. Apart from that India already have Barretts, Sakos, PSGs, Dragunovs, M107s, what the fuck else do you want you little cuck. Since 2-3 years they have increased training.

I didn't disagree with the Maj. nigga, I disagree with you. You exaggerate like a tranny male exaggerates about his heavy periods.
iwi has also been proven to make quality arms via amerikan gun nuts

Immanuel

Country flag
Very True, not sure, why the hate of IWI, all I said is Galatz is a sniper rifle as per the manufacturer. It's an effective DMR that is used for upto 800M where it can cleanly take off a head or an arm with precision. It was bought since it was reliable, cheap and had a 20 round mag capacity. Never did I once say that IA shouldn't induct better dedicated longer range sniper rifles or AMRs. Never did I say that more training isn't needed.

Keyboard Warrior

Very True, not sure, why the hate of IWI, all I said is Galatz is a sniper rifle as per the manufacturer. It's an effective DMR that is used for upto 800M where it can cleanly take off a head or an arm with precision. It was bought since it was reliable, cheap and had a 20 round mag capacity. Never did I once say that IA shouldn't induct better dedicated longer range sniper rifles or AMRs. Never did I say that more training isn't needed.
Well here we have to ask ourselves that ,is good quality enough when you are talking about special operations ,with shorter rail space and huge handguard ,mounting light and ir device makes the system congested , you can only grip firearm one way + if you switch shoulder then you will have to grip the gun with modlight or ir which makes it even worse .
All arguments are pretty much black and white , either tavor is shit or its good, Tavor can be good for infantry or other units who dont have to worry about mounting peq or switching shoulder ,its bad for sf , reliability is not the only thing that matters in a gun , goli nikalni chahiya is not enough for modern sof sop's , the time tavors were bought , peq and modlight and switching shoulder was not the top priority ,time has changed get better riffle.
Thats my 2 cents of knowledge , correct me if I am wrong .

OFBkaRakhwala

Country flag
Well here we have to ask ourselves that ,is good quality enough when you are talking about special operations ,with shorter rail space and huge handguard ,mounting light and ir device makes the system congested , you can only grip firearm one way + if you switch shoulder then you will have to grip the gun with modlight or ir which makes it even worse .
All arguments are pretty much black and white , either tavor is shit or its good, Tavor can be good for infantry or other units who dont have to worry about mounting peq or switching shoulder ,its bad for sf , reliability is not the only thing that matters in a gun , goli nikalni chahiya is not enough for modern sof sop's , the time tavors were bought , peq and modlight and switching shoulder was not the top priority ,time has changed get better riffle.
No one likes Tavors, they say it's ok but would prefer either a AK or AR over it. kahani battalion battalion ki

Immanuel

Country flag
Tavor especially the first gen one should be replaced, not sure which 5.56 rifle SF will pick.

NotASussyBoi

Country flag
Tavor especially the first gen one should be replaced, not sure which 5.56 rifle SF will pick.
considering para sf is accustomed to m4a1,its likely iwi ar 15 rifle will be choosed,no chance for H&K for some ban,but there's a possibility para sf will use souped out m4a1 there's also car 816

Scramjet

Country flag
considering para sf is accustomed to m4a1,its likely iwi ar 15 rifle will be choosed,no chance for H&K for some ban,but there's a possibility para sf will use souped out m4a1 there's also car 816
No sahb, they have no control over what the units want although most of the operatives i interacted with have loved L119A2s & HK416 10" ones (thanks to international exposure). They have assured me of a few changes that are coming in the near future, lets see how it unfolds.

Keyboard Warrior

Fuck the Tavor mahn
Look at the IWI Arad 🤤🤤🤤🤤
1. Car 816 is heavy due to unnecessary quad rails with no support for 300 blk
2. H&K 416 is good but again its heavy thats why devgru is replacing it with noweske which are lighter and more reliable.
3.IwI arad is interesting ,it can support both 300blk and 556 without safety hazard it seems,It is also very light ,Thay have not been tested though ,not in use by any unit I know of.

My suggestion:-
1.Noweske rifles are light and well built, noweske barrels are considered best in the market ,No unnecessary bullshit, and guns are well tested and respected
2.Kac SR 16 is also considered one of the best fighting rifles built , Kac barrels are also considered best alongside noweske.Also tested in afghan by muricans.
3.IwI arad looks preety good light weight system with usability of both 300blk and 556 with no safety hazard (iwi claim), lets see how it turns out in testing

Disclaimer:- The opinion is presented by a keyboard warrior ,proceed with caution and provide your opinion.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles