Indian Special Forces

Immanuel

Country flag
IKR , probably one of the most anticipated parts of this exercise was seeing V-TAC barricades .
Proves that they've been hiring Local Contracters and Trainers such as Harifoxtrot. Probably the only laxed part of the pics is the pistol stance but the Pxr storm compensated for it
Shooting Stance | Competitive Shooting Tips with Doug Koenig - YouTube

I think the Pistol stance is pretty good, the guy is right handed, his left knee is ever so slightly bended and bit forward and back pretty straight (instead of slightly leaning forward, he keeps a straight posture since he also his primary rifle hanging in the front. Too much lean and the rifle would dangle.

The guys taking the pictures/ videos need to do a better job, in such cases, a complete side profile is better for analysis

abingdonboy

Country flag
I don't know who told you this, but that's not true. An airborne unit gets a lot of grilling before getting converted into an SF. It doesn't happen with a pen man. Stop assuming things, please.

They are trained in various roles that are mandated for an SF battalion to do so in battle. A team of assessors are selected from all over the Indian army and SF battalions including Officers, JCOs & ORs. The whole battalion will be assessed for a period of 3 months or more if required. They are rated, ranked and judged. If they miss, their training continues but believe me no battalion till now has failed in it. It's seen as a failure for the whole paltan and no soldier will accept it.

Naam, namak and Nishan. There you go.
So this whole time airborne have just been 3 months shy of being SFs?

why even have regular infantry battalions, why not give them 6 months of training and convert the entire IA into SF?

the justification for this move is getting more depressing than the actual decision. Basically there’s nothing special about SF,anyone can do their job

ManhattanProject

Country flag
The Tavor clearly has some issues, in the first vid the operator is clearly uncomfortable while firing it and it also jams up in between. In the second video the operator has a comfortable grip and better timing while firing but then again.......the Tavor jams up....
So many malfunctions during training is not a good sign, who knows how long these guns have been in service. Paras really need to induct new rifle, but they keep going back to the israelis to buy tavors.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Better stance than anything we have seen before ,way better then 3 para sf old video.
Also in vtac wall, first Indian guy was too close to the wall in 5th hole which would have made it difficult for him to shoot but malfunction happened but second Indian guy(with TW EBH) was really good with whole vtac drill , Are both from same units or different units,
P.S Thats just my noob opinion , Senior member please correct me if I am wrong.
The para guy with the helmet was smoking everyone in the 9 holes- even the Americans. If he’s the same guy in the other video wearing the helmet he seems to be taking it more seriously, perhaps he’s an instructor

Waanar

Country flag
Better stance than anything we have seen before ,way better then 3 para sf old video.
Also in vtac wall, first Indian guy was too close to the wall in 5th hole which would have made it difficult for him to shoot but malfunction happened but second Indian guy(with TW EBH) was really good with whole vtac drill , Are both from same units or different units,
P.S Thats just my noob opinion , Senior member please correct me if I am wrong.
No no, you're correct.
This is head and shoulders above anything we've seen before.
Vajra Prahar is a rather regular and frequent cross training event but the change (compared to less than half a decade ago) is radical.
What changed here? Did they send in the best guys? Are these guys just your regular Para dudes and the standard training is now THAT much better?
Ngl shit's getting sexy now.

I'd love to see their handling of the new SIGs though.
That'd be great to see, considering mountain warfare turns into a long distance "form a musket era firing line and shoot till dusk".
If there's one thing I believe wholly, it's that switching to a BR was the best move IA made in terms of infantry modernization.

abingdonboy

Country flag
7.62 mm GALIL SNIPER RIFLE | IWI GALIL SNIPER

Funnily even IWI calls the Galil/ Galatz a sniper Rifle, either they're nincompoops or...more like ya'll need some introspection. It is a DMR/sniper rifle and one wouldn't be wrong to call it either.
Well Major Avinash would say differently

This discussion will never move foreword if we have to keep defending the indefensible

Some people need to grow up

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
The tavor is not the issue. It's because of the shitty OFB manufactured ammo. I had faced similar issue while firing SIG MPX and Glock 17 and 19. OFB should literally be privatised completely lol
Major Avinash on this very thread himself said that all 5.56 NATO Ammunition of the PARA SF is imported from abroad, considering that you are associated with him, it’s expected that ideally you’d know this better and we expect a higher standard of information from yourself.

Last edited:

Waanar

Country flag
The Tavor clearly has some issues, in the first vid the operator is clearly uncomfortable while firing it and it also jams up in between. In the second video the operator has a comfortable grip and better timing while firing but then again.......the Tavor jams up....
Sometimes, people use dud rounds in training to practice malfunction drills.
Mix it with switching stances and maneuvers and you have a very realistic measure of how you'll do it in the field. Could be the dud rounds. Unless they reveal the intricacies of this particular training session down to the minutest details (they won't), we can't judge Tavor's reliability through this one lil clip.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles