Indian Special Forces

Scramjet

Country flag
What is that black thing on his left nod , ECOTI or compass ?
Edit:- COTI are usually big , most probably compass ,can anyone tell what is the use of clip on compass?

View attachment 168160
I guess its Tarsier eclipse.
Reason for him using it is that
NVGs have distinct inherent limitations. Among those limitations is the ability to only focus at one specific distance, not various distances at the same time. Consider a camera, when focused out on the horizon, images very near become blurry and vice versa. To solve this problem, many soldiers poke small holes in the end of their protective covers. This simple change creates an autofocus effect where the soldier can now see objects both directly in front of him or her as well as all objects out to the horizon.

The limitation of this small hole in front of the lens creates another problem. By decreasing the amount of light entering the NVG, the light sensors cannot amplify the photons enough to create a clear picture for the soldier. This is not an issue when in urban areas with an abundance of ambient light or even on a night with a large amount of moonlight. However, on dark nights or inside building where there is very little light, the NVG image will be very dark and the soldier will not have enough light to see.
Eclipse comes with a internal optical quality camera iris and a dust proof adjustment ring, it allows the soldier the ability to control the amount of light entering their NVGs. By slowly enlarging the iris size, the soldier can increase the amount of light amplified by the NVG, but still retain the autofocus capability.

Fire and groove

Country flag
NVGs have distinct inherent limitations. Among those limitations is the ability to only focus at one specific distance, not various distances at the same time. Consider a camera, when focused out on the horizon, images very near become blurry and vice versa. To solve this problem, many soldiers poke small holes in the end of their protective covers. This simple change creates an autofocus effect where the soldier can now see objects both directly in front of him or her as well as all objects out to the horizon.

The limitation of this small hole in front of the lens creates another problem. By decreasing the amount of light entering the NVG, the light sensors cannot amplify the photons enough to create a clear picture for the soldier. This is not an issue when in urban areas with an abundance of ambient light or even on a night with a large amount of moonlight. However, on dark nights or inside building where there is very little light, the NVG image will be very dark and the soldier will not have enough light to see.
Eclipse comes with a internal optical quality camera iris and a dust proof adjustment ring, it allows the soldier the ability to control the amount of light entering their NVGs. By slowly enlarging the iris size, the soldier can increase the amount of light amplified by the NVG, but still retain the autofocus capability.
You learn about new tech everyday.

Keyboard Warrior

That is too small to be a tarsier eclipse , tarsier eclipse have way bigger diameter than nvg for shuter movement , I will still go with nvg compass
Probably this one :-https://tnvc.com/shop/pvs-14-compass-magnetic/

Yodha

India is my Identity
Professional
Country flag
See entire PARA regiment is being converted into SF with just a stroke of pen
This depreciate the quality of SF and especially its mandate
Basically in order to make everyone SF with balidan batch they are converting the actual or previous SF battalions into airborne
Thus removal of SF is being done that is we will have airborne force in name of SF and no army SF unit will exist here after
I don't know who told you this, but that's not true. An airborne unit gets a lot of grilling before getting converted into an SF. It doesn't happen with a pen man. Stop assuming things, please.

They are trained in various roles that are mandated for an SF battalion to do so in battle. A team of assessors are selected from all over the Indian army and SF battalions including Officers, JCOs & ORs. The whole battalion will be assessed for a period of 3 months or more if required. They are rated, ranked and judged. If they miss, their training continues but believe me no battalion till now has failed in it. It's seen as a failure for the whole paltan and no soldier will accept it.

Naam, namak and Nishan. There you go.

Yodha

India is my Identity
Professional
Country flag
Why does SFF even exist if they are just airborne infantry? This is ultimate straw clutching

Remember ITBP showcased some ‘airborne’ guys with maroon berets a few years back, are we going to count them in IA’s airborne infantry count now?
SFF is not regular infantry for sure. Their secrecy means something. But in operations army can use them but for what, is upto the combatant commander.

Scramjet

Country flag
That is too small to be a tarsier eclipse , tarsier eclipse have way bigger diameter than nvg for shuter movement , I will still go with nvg compass
Probably this one :-https://tnvc.com/shop/pvs-14-compass-magnetic/
Yup I am wrong, it's an NVG compass. But atleast people got to know and learn about tech that was previously unknown to them.

Immanuel

Country flag
I don't know who told you this, but that's not true. An airborne unit gets a lot of grilling before getting converted into an SF. It doesn't happen with a pen man. Stop assuming things, please.

They are trained in various roles that are mandated for an SF battalion to do so in battle. A team of assessors are selected from all over the Indian army and SF battalions including Officers, JCOs & ORs. The whole battalion will be assessed for a period of 3 months or more if required. They are rated, ranked and judged. If they miss, their training continues but believe me no battalion till now has failed in it. It's seen as a failure for the whole paltan and no soldier will accept it.

Naam, namak and Nishan. There you go.
True, thanks for professional (insider) insight, everyone here keeps thinking that overnight they become AB to SF which can't be the case at all. By your impression so far working in the Army, have you ever faced or experienced or witnessed a dilution of training standards?

Also kindly let us know your unit/regiment (only if you feel comfy)...

It would be great if you could give us some insight on your standard gear/kit that was allotted to you. Did you have to make additional private purchases to enhance your kit? Do you already have access to Mukut Helmets, SMPP BJPs, NVDs, SDR

You mentioned in the past you've been to commando school. I assume that means you're a Ghatak?

Some blurred out images of you, your kit would be great, offcourse only if you feel comfy.

Thanks for your time, effort and service

Jai Hind

Immanuel

Country flag
Stoppages in tavor Ar-15 is good
First Video, the Indian guys were pretty fast (one had a stoppage), the Amrikis seem to be bit slower, all that gear seems to make them slower (not sure but with good shooting practices I feel the Indians would be the first to get their lead out and fast reaction time would mean kill shots. All in all, not bad. Keep up the training :cowboy:

Not sure if the second video was stoppage or time for mag change. Also the second video the Indians were faster it seems.

Keyboard Warrior

Better stance than anything we have seen before ,way better then 3 para sf old video.
Also in vtac wall, first Indian guy was too close to the wall in 5th hole which would have made it difficult for him to shoot but malfunction happened but second Indian guy(with TW EBH) was really good with whole vtac drill , Are both from same units or different units,
P.S Thats just my noob opinion , Senior member please correct me if I am wrong.

Immanuel

Country flag
Better stance than anything we have seen before ,way better then 3 para sf old video.
Also in vtac wall, first Indian guy was too close to the wall in 5th hole which would have made it difficult for him to shoot but malfunction happened but second Indian guy(with TW EBH) was really good with whole vtac drill , Are both from same units or different units,
P.S Thats just my noob opinion , Senior member please correct me if I am wrong.
True, without the stoppage, both Indians were just faster. The Amikirs showing their ass like they want to be ass raped. The Indian guy in middle be like, not my ass niggaz. He has enough time to shoot the rest in their asses. :cool1:

Stance: Very good
Speed: Excellent
Maneuverability: Very good
Kit: They look light a nimble, a bit like the Israeli's

I think they are from the same unit.

Ignore old 3 para Sf guy, probably a noob with a long way of training to undergo.

Seems like very good infantry is kicking Amriki SF ass here.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles