Indian Special Forces

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag
I can't see any plate carrier. Is it like some undershirt thing?
You can go to google and see for yourself by searching IN VBSS. They get pretty ok carriers and vests . Not in this pic . In youtube , watch ranbir singh visits INS Kolkata.

Waanar

Country flag
Looks like Major dhania also had a stint in sg .
At this point, every third seasoned SF veteran I see seems to have done a stint at SG.

Must be enriching for the SF community to have such heavy cross pollination with an intel based unit. I firmly believe our SFs have some of the best HUMINT capability in the region.
Same race, same language, same culture. We can't be beat there. I've heard of western SOFs using makeup to fake their race but it's just not the same thing as being the same race as the swines of the largest terrorist manufacturing country.

OFBkaRakhwala

Country flag
At this point, every third seasoned SF veteran I see seems to have done a stint at SG.

Must be enriching for the SF community to have such heavy cross pollination with an intel based unit. I firmly believe our SFs have some of the best HUMINT capability in the region.
Same race, same language, same culture. We can't be beat there. I've heard of western SOFs using makeup to fake their race but it's just not the same thing as being the same race as the swines of the largest terrorist manufacturing country.
would be better if SG gets own permanent cadre either from Retired guys or serving. So many of them serving in SG probably means they serve very small duration and it seems inefficient.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag

Ok excuse my noob ass is sg nsg?

Waanar

Country flag
would be better if SG gets own permanent cadre either from Retired guys or serving. So many of them serving in SG probably means they serve very small duration and it seems inefficient.
Maybe, but as time goes on, I'm growing appreciative of the rather "loose" nature of deputation among our SOFs.
NSG's skillset and SG's skillset pooling into the Paras feels like a really, REALLY sensible move, especially since they seem to lack a dedicated CQB school and SG more than probably trains heavily on what the westerners call FID. Permanent cadre won't hurt but for some reason, it seems like the Indian outfits which have a temporary deputation manning their ranks seem to get the best gear and the most sophisticated training pipeline.
Just look at NSG.

Waanar

Country flag
Ok don't know anything about them as Im a noob but read on quora that they are rich kids they get everything they want don't know if its true cause its on quora
Lots of myths about them but I'd say they have a better inventory than Paras. Doesn't necessarily mean Gucci levels but it's too hush hush to say.
From what's been seen in COIN and stuff, they seem to have similar gear to what MARCOS had back then (2015 esque).
Don't know how good or bad they are now.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Lots of myths about them but I'd say they have a better inventory than Paras. Doesn't necessarily mean Gucci levels but it's too hush hush to say.
From what's been seen in COIN and stuff, they seem to have similar gear to what MARCOS had back then (2015 esque).
Don't know how good or bad they are now.
I wish they just follow marcos way and get better gear and keep on improving

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Maybe, but as time goes on, I'm growing appreciative of the rather "loose" nature of deputation among our SOFs.
NSG's skillset and SG's skillset pooling into the Paras feels like a really, REALLY sensible move, especially since they seem to lack a dedicated CQB school and SG more than probably trains heavily on what the westerners call FID. Permanent cadre won't hurt but for some reason, it seems like the Indian outfits which have a temporary deputation manning their ranks seem to get the best gear and the most sophisticated training pipeline.
Just look at NSG.
Ok so noob question again can paras use new cqb facility of marcos?

JConline

Country flag
My take-
If afsod would has been reality and followed the intended mandate then it would have been possible
Not really. That's what many people get wrong. AFSOD was never intended as a joint effort of the 3 Special forces. It was more of a separate entity that took operators from the 3 forces on deputation. So the only way Para SF would get to use MARCOS facilities would be if they ever have a joint exercise.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Marcos have CQB facilities in Andaman&Nicobar and maybe at INS Abhimanyu, why would para SF train at these places, when it is not deployed at these areas. Btw Paras have training facility at SFTS balokh, in Kashmir.
I asked cause I thought paras didn't have a cqb facility

SGOperative

Country flag
Not really. That's what many people get wrong. AFSOD was never intended as a joint effort of the 3 Special forces. It was more of a separate entity that took operators from the 3 forces on deputation. So the only way Para SF would get to use MARCOS facilities would be if they ever have a joint exercise.
A&N is a tricommand they can use it. Marcos and Garuds also have visited Bakloh isme naya kya hai.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles