Indian Special Forces

jai jaganath

Country flag
They showcased their ability to rescue pilots but don't know about how medical extensive their training is, also they do some JTAC stuff.
This have been discussed in forum too
That no evidence suggests that they have jtac capability but some ndtv documentary mentioned it

OFBkaRakhwala

Country flag
Same here there is until now evidence
Their job is to act like security guards for airbase
What a fabulous requirement
Being Capable of JTAC ops along with the ability to Rescue downed pilots is more than enough + being able to support other SFs. they could and should let go the QRT role

Scramjet

Country flag
This one seems unique to me or its regular stuff?
Have seen only para SF training with STS dudes earlier too, there was a reddit post that I am unable to find at the moment
Can someone please notedown the Battalions and their respective Operating sectors and regions . If possible on a topographical map . I dont have enough knowledge on this .
Operating sectors of Bns are not fixed per se but here's a list I compiled :
9 and 4 : CI/CT restricted to J&K AO: JnK/Ladakh/LC/LAC
1 : CI/CT rotations in Valley+LC. General AO Himachal/Uttrakhand
2 : CI/CT rotations in Valley
3&10: CI/CT rotations in Valley, General AO is Thar Desert/Ladakh
11,12,21 : CI/CT in NE.

Plus there are units that rotate within trg establishments like SFTS, PTS, PRTC etc.
There is no fixed AO, last year 3 and 1 were deployed in ladakh too.

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag
Have seen only para SF training with STS dudes earlier too, there was a reddit post that I am unable to find at the moment

Operating sectors of Bns are not fixed per se but here's a list I compiled :
9 and 4 : CI/CT restricted to J&K AO: JnK/Ladakh/LC/LAC
1 : CI/CT rotations in Valley+LC. General AO Himachal/Uttrakhand
2 : CI/CT rotations in Valley
3&10: CI/CT rotations in Valley, General AO is Thar Desert/Ladakh
11,12,21 : CI/CT in NE.

Plus there are units that rotate within trg establishments like SFTS, PTS, PRTC etc.
There is no fixed AO, last year 3 and 1 were deployed in ladakh too.
I see , come to think of it , never seen 3 para sf operatw in desert too much . Its all 10

abingdonboy

Country flag
China focused. Learning From ST teams on air and ordannce coordination at high altitude.

Note No Garud here. Hmmm.
You’re assuming a hell of a lot here. It’s not the foreign side that tells Indian services what sub-units they want to train with.

these things are dictated at a MoD or even government level. Vajra prahar is an existing bilateral series that has exclusively involved IA and PARA SF, the US side can send whatever additional units they like to join the US army SF contingent.

that india doesn’t have a SF focus and the lack of a SOCOM is really highlighted here. It’s all ad hoc and there’s no centralisation of SF capabilities.

rkhanna

Country flag
You’re assuming a hell of a lot here. It’s not the foreign side that tells Indian services what sub-units they want to train with.

these things are dictated at a MoD or even government level. Vajra prahar is an existing bilateral series that has exclusively involved IA and PARA SF, the US side can send whatever additional units they like to join the US army SF contingent.

that india doesn’t have a SF focus and the lack of a SOCOM is really highlighted here. It’s all ad hoc and there’s no centralisation of SF capabilities.
No no. My assumption is that the Indian Side chose the unit and didn't think to add Garud in when the Americans announced the ST unit. Or it was a conscious decision because

1. Not garud mandate / capability and will be a SF one
2. Or no interoperability between Garund and SF and there was not enough time for buildup training before the Ex

Global Defence

New threads

Articles