Indian Special Forces

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Does he want to be a general? Specially after what the Army and Suhag put him through?
Why not.

He is a fighter.. Quite high spirited soldier. Proudly carries his medals everywhere.

I dont see him quitting. Plus we need Generals like him.

Every good General has to carry their battlescars proudly to the top.

Last edited:

rkhanna

Country flag
Why not.

He is a fighter.. Quite high spirited soldier. Proudly carries his medals everywhere.

I dont see him quitting. Plus we need Generals like him.

Every good General has to carry their battlescars proudly to the top.
I know what you are saying and maybe he gets the opportunity to steady the ship. But it was his treatment by the Army that has a marked effect on me and how I view the institution Today compared to even 5 years ago.

(Him and TSD)

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
I don’t know why india always has to do things differently. ARAD is okay but it’s still relatively unproven and Israel’s most elite all use foreign AR pattern rifles

No idea how the Tavor came to be adopted by Indian SF but seeing them lined up alongside other SFs with AR style SBRs really hammers home how ridiculous it is. It almost looks like a toy against spec’d out SBRs and look incredibly unwieldy (even though they are said to have okay balance thanks to a central centre of gravity )
Had seen so much criticism about Tovarin this forum..Whats the real issues of it which makes it a bad choise for SF?.But read many positive reviews about that too especially by people who used both Ar and tavor platforms.Concerning general critisism avout bullpups ,recently introduced VHS-2 was a strong contender against Hk-416 for french army rifle and was failed only due to reputation of Hk over VHS and not due to tech parametrs.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Can you suggest a better way to give em that much deserved heartache?
I actually want to see more SF officers rise in ranks.
Would be quite a shock to the system.
To rise above Colonel rank you need tremendous skills.

SF and Infantry mostly gets officers who are more into activities than development of other skills.

This leads to them lacking for senior positions.

shouryav105

Country flag
Had seen so much criticism about Tovarin this forum..Whats the real issues of it which makes it a bad choise for SF?.But read many positive reviews about that too especially by people who used both Ar and tavor platforms.Concerning general critisism avout bullpups ,recently introduced VHS-2 was a strong contender against Hk-416 for french army rifle and was failed only due to reputation of Hk over VHS and not due to tech parametrs.
Modern day tactics are hard to translate to bullpup platform, From what I have heard , bullpups specially tavor are more ergonomic and comfortable for longer use as compared to ar but there are lots of deficiencies in bullpup , most crucial one being less space for mounting peq or other ir device and light , it makes it super conjusted and reduce the already small space for griping , if someone is going to bring the "our sf use mepro mor ,they dont need peq" argument , Mepro mor is not the best sight as well , it may have a good ir pointer as someone pointed (I doubt) lets not forget that It does not have an ir illuminator , the red dot is also 2-3 moa if I remember correctly and it completly eliminates possibility of c clamping even in ar platform , otherwise you will be pointing laser at you thumb ,unless being used by mount riser , mepro is not a good package for both sight and aiming device , also switching shoulder with bullpup is pain in the ass , and lets not talk about high read and low ready with bullpup , I dont understand that why do we have to stand alone , just buy a ar , replace 10.5 inch m4 with nowenske 10.5 and replace all the tavors with colt canada , kac sr 15 , mcx , bullpup were invented for better ergo and cqb , with modern day tactics ,cqb with bullpup is dogshit bad , and please buy a seprate proper aiming device with illuminators , will be game changer , and also get mount riser for aimpoint will be game changer( we can get it made in india , wont be that expensive ) .

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles