Indian Special Forces

ManhattanProject

Country flag
Looks like NSG got a new hostler
does this prevent the trigger from being pressed? if not, its useless. The whole cock the pistol in the holster thing is very gimmicky, even the russians who invented it have abandoned the idea.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
One of the most shocking outcomes ever. We were assuming SSG involvement.

But some terrorist are also trained by SSG and lead into kashmir after their retirement.

God knows.
It must be the op in which SF lost most number of men in a single encounter

Kumaoni

One of the most shocking outcomes ever. We were assuming SSG involvement.

But some terrorist are also trained by SSG and lead into kashmir after their retirement.

God knows.
Unlike ISIS and Al Qaeda, Insurgent groups indian troopers fight get political backing from Pakisyan, training, and arms.

We aren’t fighting some losers, we are pretty much right paki paramilitaries. They are much more competent then people assume.

Also jungles+ mountain warfare will be a headache for anyone.

Scramjet

Country flag
Yep. Way better stance than Para SF. What is confusing is that NSG SAG is comprised of Army men and many of the officers are SF. Then how come, these better practices and training hasn't gotten to Para SF yet.
There's a huge training/equipment/culture gap b/w any two para SF units you pick, take this post for an example :
The more 'operator-esque' soldier is from a reputed unit stationed under northern comd.
4/9 para SF have evolved alot and developed various techniques in CQB, Mountain Warfare and have extensively done Night Time operations (SADO/DA raids) which is non existent in several units that still use assault kits inferior to even some infantry ghatak platoons. Heck even 10 SF have evolved alot from their time in Valley/LC/LAC/NE and trg excercises with units from around the world, the only downside I see is they use overvest Pouches instead of battlebelts (they'll be purchasing them also). 11 and 12 para SF look like some infantry unit equipped with Tavors and m4s, 3 and 2 para SF look straight up shoddy in comparision to other para SF units in terms of tactics.

Fire and groove

Country flag
There's a huge training/equipment/culture gap b/w any two para SF units you pick, take this post for an example :

The more 'operator-esque' soldier is from a reputed unit stationed under northern comd.
4/9 para SF have evolved alot and developed various techniques in CQB, Mountain Warfare and have extensively done Night Time operations (SADO/DA raids) which is non existent in several units that still use assault kits inferior to even some infantry ghatak platoons. Heck even 10 SF have evolved alot from their time in Valley/LC/LAC/NE and trg excercises with units from around the world, the only downside I see is they use overvest Pouches instead of battlebelts (they'll be purchasing them also). 11 and 12 para SF look like some infantry unit equipped with Tavors and m4s, 3 and 2 para SF look straight up shoddy in comparision to other para SF units in terms of tactics.
All the SOFs train in their own isolated bubbles, especially in the paras where all the battalions have their own training pipelines.

abingdonboy

Country flag
In the last 15 years i have seen no one else go from 0 to pro level.

Dude started by asking basic questions on pdf . and i used to reply mostly.

@abingdonboy
Pro level is a bit much my friend.

if you have an interest and spend enough time learning/nerding out you’ll pick up things that’s all I would say.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles