Indian Special Forces

abingdonboy

Country flag
Ear Protection on the Ranges has finally become common for the SFs
I shudder to think about the hearing damage done to Indian soldiers over the years especially the elite units that are firing more often, in confined spaces and messing around with explosives and heavy weapons

even with ear pro, shorter deployments and closer health monitoring US SOFs that deployed in the last 20 years are getting ravaged by TBIs and it’s causing huge issues in their veteran community

Another instance where ‘that Gucci stuff is for the weak white man’ only harms your own people and if the a$$holes that launch PIL against development projects turned their attention to why their soldiers are being made to sacrifice their youth and health to serve their nations maybe they could actually do some good in the world.

Waanar

Country flag
This is what it’s come to? The Indian army’s most elite using captured Chinese AK clones along with all the other junk on display with these guys

if this thread’s angst was to be summarised in an image it would be this
There could be a reason behind it.
MACVSOG in Vietnam had their CARs modified with a flash hider that made a distinct AK-like sound just so they could get that millisecond of ignorance from the enemy thinking it's their own men firing.
How it fits into a COIN op, IDK.

That AK looks pretty tricked out too (by Indian standards). See-through Magpul mags and a scope. Maybe an operator developed a liking for it or maybe he's more familiar with the AK manual of arms.

I would've broken churiyan again here but there's definitely more to it than meets the eye. There's no way in hell we are lacking small arms for SOFs.

I can see a case for using Type 56s in cross border raids and maybe, just maybe, the soldier pictured here trained enough on it to feel comfortable using it in COIN.

Just my khayali pulao but the shining light of Waanar's wisdom reaches all corners.

Attain enlightenment.
Submit to the superior intellect of Waanar.

Immanuel

Country flag
The Navy leading up front as usual.

Look at that handling. He's not a heavy guy. He's not compensating for technique with bodyweight.
It's a belt fed machinegun and he's controlling it like it's some weak-ass SMG.

Glorious!:shoot:
Yes, indeed, smooth and steady

SGOperative

Country flag
That AK looks pretty tricked out too (by Indian standards). See-through Magpul mags and a scope. Maybe an operator developed a liking for it or maybe he's more familiar with the AK manual of arms.
Probable reason i guess

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
MACVSOG in Vietnam had their CARs modified with a flash hider that made a distinct AK-like sound just so they could get that millisecond of ignorance from the enemy thinking it's their own men firing.

I would've broken churiyan again here but there's definitely more to it than meets the eye. There's no way in hell we are lacking small arms for SOFs.

I can see a case for using Type 56s in cross border raids and maybe, just maybe, the soldier pictured here trained enough on it to feel comfortable using it in COIN.

Just my khayali pulao but the shining light of Waanar's wisdom reaches all corners.

Attain enlightenment.
The magazines look more like FAB Defense magazines. The top cover also looks like the FAB Defense AK Top cover. Looks like parts of the FAB Mod kits are being shared across operators.
1656591448625.jpeg
1656591535710.jpeg

abingdonboy

Country flag

Attain enlightenment.
That doesn’t explain why it’s battered to hell and a Chinese clone likely captured from terrorists. That doesn’t point to the fact that there’s no dearth of quality small arms within SF, it indicates they are having to make do with whatever they can scrounge.

This isn’t some tricked out AK or some deniable weapon they’d take on a cross border op.

It’s not about second guessing the units but everything about this picture is heart sinking, basically where they’ve been for 20 years give or take whilst the entire tactical world has transformed around them.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Are they unable to get matching uniforms (that would be absurdly hard to imagine) or is there not the discipline within these units to abide by basic dress standards? This has been a common theme for decades now (although interestingly enough addressed to a large degree within RR and CAPFs) and points to a failure of leadership.

It must happen all the time that one of their teammates or a regular (CAPF/JKP/RR) has to hesitate momentarily trying to distinguish between these guys and an inbred terrorist (especially if the former is running around with a battered AK)

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
This is what it’s come to? The Indian army’s most elite using captured Chinese AK clones along with all the other junk on display with these guys

if this thread’s angst was to be summarised in an image it would be this
That won’t be the case as there would be ample tavors for the entire unit,but some men might prefer good old Aks due to its punching power.Israelis and Americans too uses non standard firearms

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles