Indian Special Forces

vidhwanshak

Country flag
@vidhwanshak @India Super Power Which member hasn't acknowledged the problem could you mention ?

And what was your response other than slander for the Indian SF.
where was the slander bitch??

abhi tak tune mujhe aisa kuch nahi dikhaya jo galat bola ho

aake rona shuru ho gya these exfarts are abusing Indian SF.

jaake padh pichle pages jab RR shuru hua tha ek ka ki PARA SF better than Seals wala.

rapes ka bola tha, uske bhi snippets diye
mission fuck up ka bola uske bhi snippets diye
incorrigble top brass bola uske bhi snippets diye

tu hi ro ro ke aaya tha ki ye log bol rahe hai Army raps, jab ki statement me saaf saaf likha tha aise fringe element hote hai armed forces me.

bhai padh dhang se dhang se padh

The Saffron Knight

Country flag
yeah, saw that acknowledgment in Nagaland and the same "progress" after 6 months in Arunachal.

6 months and no NVDs were purchased for the boys.

hahaha, FIR bhi unhi ke against hogi na ki unke jinhone unhe NVD nahi diye
You were definitely a part of cordon I guess. Your so certain. In Nagaland a lot of people carry hunting rifles. Maybe the foliage or mabe they didn't have NVD. But they have to be brought to justice. What can be done.
Yes we are against the high level officers of our nation due to which sf and military has reached this low
They lack knowledge and most importantly they are reluctant egoistic traditional thinking people
Just listen to any western officer with good experience and our officer and difference on basis of technicality regarding equipments tactics and training
It's just you don't reach out to the right guy. The chest thumpers always get a better lime light.

The Saffron Knight

Country flag
where was the slander bitch??

abhi tak tune mujhe aisa kuch nahi dikhaya jo galat bola ho

aake rona shuru ho gya these exfarts are abusing Indian SF.

jaake padh pichle pages jab RR shuru hua tha ek ka ki PARA SF better than Seals wala.

rapes ka bola tha, uske bhi snippets diye
mission fuck up ka bola uske bhi snippets diye
incorrigble top brass bola uske bhi snippets diye

tu hi ro ro ke aaya tha ki ye log bol rahe hai Army raps, jab ki statement me saaf saaf likha tha aise fringe element hote hai armed forces me.

bhai padh dhang se dhang se padh
Kyu bhai asli awkat bahar a gayi ?

vidhwanshak

Country flag
You were definitely a part cordon I guess. Your so certain. In Nagaland a lot of people carry hunting rifles. Maybe the foliage or mabe they didn't have. But they have to be brought to justice. What can be done.
cordon ka matlab pata hai??

Ambush me the soldiers, bina verifcation they open fired uske kaaran riots hue hai aur log mare + reputation ka alag nuksan.

jo soldiers ke khillaf FIR hui unka career barbaad.

pahle ye line "You were definitely a part cordon I guess." likhne se likha karo this mission was fucked up I agree. Kyu galat cheez ko justify karna?

The Saffron Knight

Country flag
cordon ka matlab pata hai??

Ambush me the soldiers, bina verifcation they open fired uske kaaran riots hue hai aur log mare + reputation ka alag nuksan.

jo soldiers ke khillaf FIR hui unka career barbaad.

pahle ye line "You were definitely a part cordon I guess." likhne se likha karo this mission was fucked up I agree. Kyu galat cheez ko justify karna?
Nahi bhai pata nahi :playball:

I am a student (figure of speech)

Who visits DFI just to learn something new

App logo jaise sarva gyan sampanna exfarts nahi hu.

Reading your posts is the biggest time waste. And there is nothing new to learn. Just same old randi rona.

another_armchair

Country flag
Takeaway from the article https://theprint.in/walk-the-talk/t...o-restore-his-brigades-honour-and-won/268920/

SG: And what could have been a disaster there became a victory later. But Brigadier saheb, let me say something — the example of 1/11 Gorkha Rifles and Lt Col. Amul Asthana and then Manoj Pandey, then your own example. One got justice right then, because at the top, the chief saw some sense and also made sure that the officer was not victimised for his courage to speak the truth. You’ve taken much longer. It’s taken 11 years but it’s still vindication. So you can say that whatever happens, there is something in the system that works.

DS: I couldn’t agree with you more. I firmly believe that the Army is an excellent organisation and it has delivered very, very well. But aberrations are always there, and there are wrong people at wrong times, and because of a few individuals, the value-based system is going haywire.

SG - Shekhar Gupta, DS - Devinder Singh.

But but... Army bad, Generals bad, institution bad, Army rapes, Army bungles up, Army this, Army that.
Comprehension problem or ...?

vidhwanshak

Country flag
Nahi bhai pata nahi :playball:

I am a student (figure of speech)

Who visits DFI just to learn some thing

App logo jaise sarva gyan sampanna exfarts nahi hu.

Reading your posts is the biggest time waste. And there is nothing new to learn. Just same old randi rona.
to chutiyo ki tarah respond kyu krta haii?
Ignore button hota hai, istemaal karo uska.

vidhwanshak

Country flag
Takeaway from the article https://theprint.in/walk-the-talk/t...o-restore-his-brigades-honour-and-won/268920/

SG: And what could have been a disaster there became a victory later. But Brigadier saheb, let me say something — the example of 1/11 Gorkha Rifles and Lt Col. Amul Asthana and then Manoj Pandey, then your own example. One got justice right then, because at the top, the chief saw some sense and also made sure that the officer was not victimised for his courage to speak the truth. You’ve taken much longer. It’s taken 11 years but it’s still vindication. So you can say that whatever happens, there is something in the system that works.

DS: I couldn’t agree with you more. I firmly believe that the Army is an excellent organisation and it has delivered very, very well. But aberrations are always there, and there are wrong people at wrong times, and because of a few individuals, the value-based system is going haywire.

SG - Shekhar Gupta, DS - Devinder Singh.

But but... Army bad, Generals bad, institution bad, Army rapes, Army bungles up, Army this, Army that.
Comprehension problem or ...?
But aberrations are always there, and there are wrong people at wrong times, and because of a few individuals, the value-based system is going haywire.
1656445643675.png

yeah comprehensioin and aptitude problem on your part.

go read those msgs again.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
We here don't matter it's the establishment and importantly genrails matter
If they understand then better
Most of the dfians have understood and soon many will
This thread is not about generic commentaries and sweeping generalizations. This is a technical thread.

This message is for every member who wants to to do fix problems of the forces and world at large. This thread is not for either.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Again this thread is for geeks and those who carry technical knowledge or qualification to comment on Indian special forces.

When you go on tangents, you prove it to the readers that you just a wannabe.

There is no harm to accept your limited understanding on the subject. Read more and talk less to learn.

Scramjet

Country flag
This thread is literally coming back to the same point for the n^th time although it gets more and more intense every time we get to that point xD
this thread is for geeks and those who carry technical knowledge or qualification to comment
Pardon me hit&run sahab :megusta: :troll: people here call every other Radio with a VHF biconical antenna as SDR.

Kumaoni

Speaking of Sri Lanka, here’s an account of a raid on important island by 5 Para (SF)

(Link: https://www.bharat-rakshak.com/ARMY/history/1987ipkf/284-delft.html)

Introduction

Delft is a small island, near the Jaffna peninsula. It is about 20 kms from Punkudutivu. It was an important transit point for Tamil militants between the south Indian coast and Jaffna peninsula. It was also used as for rest and training by the militants, as it was safe and away from the location of the IPKF. Only boats or helicopters could approach the island. If helicopters were used the militants were warned early enough for them to take their motorized boats or disappear amongst the civilians.

Boat operations were a problem because of the sea state. The small boats of the IPKF could not withstand these conditions. Requisitioning private boats would immediately be conveyed to the Tamil militants. Also the jetty was always watched by the LTTE. With several operations thwarted the IPKF decided to innovate. On 14 Jan 89 Major TS Gill of D Company 5 Para got a tip off from Capricorn sources (anti-LTTE militants) that a group of LTTE personnel led by area commander Ravi were in Delft. It was decided to plan an operation to capture them.

The Plan

With earlier attempts failing Major TS Gill decided to take a risky approach. His group would move out at midnight on fishing boats. These low-powered boats would be used to land on a remote beach. It involved launching the operation from Punkudutivu, an area of shallow water fishing. The fishermen whose boats were to be requisitioned were identified and were to be picked up as the mission began. This way there was no time for them to send any message.

The Raid

During the daytime on 16th Jan troops were inducted into Punkudutivu as if to conduct an operation there. As night approached the pre-identified fisherman were awoken and their boats requisitioned. Four fibreglass boats and 8 OBMs were used. To keep surprise only 1 platoon and 8 Capricorns were assigned to the raid. Another platoon was kept on standby to reinforce at first light after continuing to pretend to conduct operations during the night. As the flotilla set out the men were quietly confident. But soon the rough seas started to create second thoughts, as any capsizing would have detracted from the rescue operation. In addition a Sri Lankan patrol boat spotted them midway to the destination. Normally the IPKF sea ops were passed onto to the Sri Lankan base at Karainagar but this time something had gone amiss. As the boat trained its search light on the bobbing and heaving boats the machine guns were trained on the hapless paras and Capricorns.

For the Sri Lankans there was no way of knowing that this was the IPKF as the presence of Capricorns as well as the fact that the LTTE would dress up as IPKF at times. It was at this critical moment that Major Gill took a chance. He stood on his feet and waved to the Sri Lankan commander. Incredibly the Sri Lankan commander happened to know Major Gill and recognized him from all the liaison meetings. The party was waved on. The troops landed on the eastern shore of Delft just after mid night. Many were sea sick from the journey. The fishing boats were immediately sent back to avoid compromising their mission. The troops first roused Sangripillai the local schoolteacher and a hard-core LTTE sympathizer. He tried to talk his way out of it but was persuaded to lead the way. Still Sangripillai intentionally led the troops to the wrong locations hoping to put off the IPKF. But the troops persisted and eventually Sangripillai lead them to the correct houses.

Still not trusting Sangripillai, Major Gill split his party into three groups along with the Capricorns and decided to simultaneously raid the houses. The stealth and speed took the LTTE by surprise. Ravi fired on the paras but was wounded in the gun battle. He quickly took cyanide and died. His second in command Arimalai tried to do the same but a para quickly knocked him down and captured him. He would subsequently lead the troops to other hideouts. By morning 7 militants were killed/captured. The operations went for another 24 hrs before the troops were satisfied that there were no other militants on the island.

The Saffron Knight

Country flag
@thefewthefearless I personally know a person who has been like an elder brother to me (son of my teacher)

He was a Black Cat Commando during the Kargil War. And had narrowly escaped death during the conflict. He was tasked with securing a ridge line.

Later he was a CO along the LOC. During his tenure an Indian soldier was beheaded by the Pakistani side (they had made a video & had shared it with the Indian side during the handing over of the body). This was during the UPA time.

The news was not disclosed to the media. The Indian soldiers under his command had avenged his death by killing 27 Pakistani soldiers with in 7 days along the LoC. There was such a dread that the Pakistanis had left their post abandoned for more than a month.

When he retired.
Saw videos of him reciving the same treatment as General Dhillon during his retirement. (Soldiers adorned him with garlands & dragged this car like a Rath)

During his training. He was air dropped into the jungle alone & tasked with completing a mission. He had broke is arm during the operation but managed to secure his mission within 2 days & was finally evacuated.

During his class 11 he had actually run away from his home to join the Army. He literally slept for days infrunt of the army office because he had no other place to go. But he was very determined, he wanted to be like his PT teacher who was also an ex Para SF.

A fine gentleman.
I know I have not been technical or provided any scientific input. Sorry I am not qualified.

I have grown up watching and reading about Navy Seals & SAS. I have nothing but respect for them.

But our SF is not just filled with false bravado or cowards who are shit scared at the LoC. They have training & are fully capable of executing any operation if provided the right leadership. Most people here make false assumption from botched PR videos.

Last edited:

Kumaoni

@thefewthefearless I personally know a person who has been like an elder brother to me (son of my teacher)

He was a Black Cat Commando during the Kargil War. And had narrowly escaped death during the conflict. He was tasked with securing a ridge line.

Later he was a CO along the LOC. During his tenure an Indian soldier was beheaded by the Pakistani side (they had made a video & had shared it with the Indian side during the handing over of the body). This was during the UPA time.

The news was not disclosed to the media. The Indian soldiers under his command had avenged his death by killing 27 Pakistani soldiers with in 7 days along the LoC. There was such a dread that the Pakistanis had left their post abandoned for more than a month.

When he retired.
Saw videos of him reciving the same treatment as General Dhillon during his retirement. (Soldiers adorned him with garlands & dragged this car like a Rath)

During his training. He was air dropped into the jungle alone & tasked with completing a mission. He had broke is arm during the operation but managed to secure his mission within 2 days & was finally evacuated.

During his class 11 he had actually run away from his home to join the Army. He literally slept for days infrunt of the army office because he had no other place to go. But he was very determined, he wanted to be like his PT teacher who was also an ex Para SF.

A fine gentleman.
I know I have not been technical or provided any scientific input. Sorry I am not qualified.

I have grown up watching and reading about Navy Seals & SAS. I have nothing but respect for them.

But our SF is not just filled with false bravado or cowards who are shit scared at the LoC. They have training & are fully capable of executing any operation if provided the right leadership. Most people here make false assumption from botched PR videos.
Do they have pictures of the ops that killed 27 paki soldiers? Would love to see

The Saffron Knight

Country flag
Do they have pictures of the ops that killed 27 paki soldiers? Would love to see
Actually I had enquired a lot for that. But considering it was an operation that was kept under wraps. He didn't provide us. Most stuff he told us only after his retirement.

Kumaoni

Actually I had enquired a lot for that. But considering it was an operation that was kept under wraps. He didn't provide us. Most stuff he told us only after his retirement.
I’m sure there are pictures though, right! Many of which is undisclosed. For example, operation Apache in 2001, no one even knew about it

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles