Indian Special Forces

Waanar

Country flag
Say a question popped into my mind how would the howa type 20 fare with para sf?
It's just a 5.56 rifle. Nothing special. Small arms engineering has been stagnant for years.
Dare I say, the Indian Army made the correct move by getting hard hitting, far reaching battle rifles in the form of SIG 716.
Small arms are possibly the most modern category of kit in our military's arsenal. They need no change other than making sure we actually have uniformity of calibres in units.

OFBkaRakhwala

Country flag
It's just a 5.56 rifle. Nothing special. Small arms engineering has been stagnant for years.
Dare I say, the Indian Army made the correct move by getting hard hitting, far reaching battle rifles in the form of SIG 716.
Small arms are possibly the most modern category of kit in our military's arsenal.
Mijjiles and the WHAP which was recently inducted until by Modern you mean something very innovative

Waanar

Country flag
Mijjiles and the WHAP which was recently inducted until by Modern you mean something very innovative
By modern, I mean a gear which doesn't have much room for development anymore. Maybe one could say that the recent nominations for USA's NGSW were rather innovative (PVC casings for bullets making them incredibly light, steel reinforced casings for higher pressure than regular brass casing) but they're not exactly revolutionary.

Of course, our missiles rock but since this is the SOF thread, I was thinking in a narrow bracket. I don't know anything about WHAP so won't comment.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles