Indian Special Forces

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Can anybody post a picture of fully kitted common infantry man of india ?
Like equipped with full battle gear

abingdonboy

Country flag
@ManhattanProject and @abingdonboy can u provide an insight of new videos released by nsg whether it's good or bad wrt to training, weapon handling, equipments
It’s hard to really assess with these kind of highly edited videos that are more PR than demonstrations, I hope (and expect) that the bright Indian flags, black camo paint (whilst wearing balaclavas!) and Greg grenades pinned to their chests during a HR op is purely for cameras but I do think this diminishes their professional credentials

their gear looks okay(ish), clearly they still haven’t made the switch to night fighting

I noticed that in one of their kill houses they appear to have a mock-up of a cafe/restaurant, that’s good to see

Again, can’t gain much from these kind of shoots but NSG at least recognises the need to invest in technology and not rely merely on ‘commando’ training

OFBkaRakhwala

Country flag
It’s hard to really assess with these kind of highly edited videos that are more PR than demonstrations, I hope (and expect) that the bright Indian flags, black camo paint (whilst wearing balaclavas!) and Greg grenades pinned to their chests during a HR op is purely for cameras but I do think this diminishes their professional credentials

their gear looks okay(ish), clearly they still haven’t made the switch to night fighting

I noticed that in one of their kill houses they appear to have a mock-up of a cafe/restaurant, that’s good to see

Again, can’t gain much from these kind of shoots but NSG at least recognises the need to invest in technology and not rely merely on ‘commando’ training
I guess this is from the promotional pictures series for the Photographer who also does it for the Mumbai Police and others.

ManhattanProject

Country flag
@ManhattanProject and @abingdonboy can u provide an insight of new videos released by nsg whether it's good or bad wrt to training, weapon handling, equipments
I only have problems with their weapon lights, its either on or off. They need better instructors, a light can give away your position very easily, they need pressure switches.

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag
I only have problems with their weapon lights, its either on or off. They need better instructors, a light can give away your position very easily, they need pressure switches.
Thats true , but what felt really out of place was the last hostage rescue drill . Why would you rush into the target in jungle , where it is bound to make crackling sounds and attract attention of both the target as well as detained . There is no need for Uri Giri in such situations and start boxing but rather immediate elimination through gun fire would be a choice . I hope this is just a promo video not the training. Also the last kick in the 1v1 h2h training felt a little weird , since there is no way you would actually want to perform that . It requires significance momentum and speed , which is only favourable in martial arts tournament or mma . Wearing a tac vest and helmet , with holstered fire arm and slinged one to your chest , You'd not want to have a boxing ring match . If It were me , I'd use the basic jabs , kicks and uppercuts for distraction and then blow an elbow or a knee when I get a chance . Since these are the strongest joints .

You can feel free to either acknowledge this statement or scrutinize it , since it's a statement provided by a layman (me) , who has no training whatsoever in CQC , hostage rescue or Military martial arts , and has little experience and training in just civilian martial arts . This comment is based on what my seniors , teacher and friends have to say

Global Defence

New threads

Articles