Indian Special Forces

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag
Not SF, some goofy officer who is so insecure he doesn’t want to let everyone around him forget he’s above them by wearing his bright rank elements with his combat dress, he even shined his shoes

View attachment 157125
Why arent the ranks stripped off during combat , its annoying . You're becoming running chicken head HVT for enemy snipers . Thank god most of the time , soldiers wear soft shell jacket over uniforms and then the vests over that . Also , I realised this that although camo uniforms are provided but the enemy or hostiles see soldiers with jackets with only lower part visible, makes me think what if shirts from companies like Indian Sports Gear or Paracom Spec Ops were purchased and used instead. Scorpion tan QZCTs as regular issue in kashmir , seems very IDF-ish to me , but saves money for camo ones

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag
There was a report a few weeks ago saying the services have pushed their idea again that CDS isn’t needed and that CISC should be bolstered. Already I believe they’ve started to dilute the CDS post (they removed certain admin powers of the DMA from the office). CDS position was one of the most hard fought reforms Modi had to do against the status quo and the status quo is coming back

It’s unbelievably unlucky that the CDS post wasn’t able to become institutionalised by having the first term served out and successive appointees
Tri services command structure is breaking down, yet again . I'm waiting for a Cou'p dé t'at to happen. Could you post the link where I can read about this ?

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
There was a report a few weeks ago saying the services have pushed their idea again that CDS isn’t needed and that CISC should be bolstered. Already I believe they’ve started to dilute the CDS post (they removed certain admin powers of the DMA from the office). CDS position was one of the most hard fought reforms Modi had to do against the status quo and the status quo is coming back

It’s unbelievably unlucky that the CDS post wasn’t able to become institutionalised by having the first term served out and successive appointees
So Bipin Rawat was our first and last cds
May God give him peace
Bad luck modiji

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

Feels very bad
It's literally history and everytime happens when our nation makes a change which could dramatically change our position in that particular field and lead to a better form of us but suddenly the person or program dies or stagnate be it due to death or financial or bureaucratic or leadership problem
Feels like we are cursed that we will never get powerful

thefewthefearless

Country flag

i knew this issue with indian armed forces about fucking ranks and shit. and how nco are treated like fucking shit by the officers. if modi govt doesn't do anything about it, we are in no time becoming a corrupted armed forces like paklandistan. it's the issue with normal armed forces having morbidly obese officers drinking black dog all day.

haven't heard about this in sf division. and due to their corruption sf is affected.

EternalNxg

Country flag
i knew this issue with indian armed forces about fucking ranks and shit. and how nco are treated like fucking shit by the officers. if modi govt doesn't do anything about it, we are in no time becoming a corrupted armed forces like paklandistan. it's the issue with normal armed forces having morbidly obese officers drinking black dog all day.

haven't heard about this in sf division. and due to their corruption sf is affected.
I've heard army jco and nco's get treated worse than Airmen and sailors. There's very little instances of this shit in the Navy and Air force. Army guys have had it the worst.

Waanar

Country flag
I've heard army jco and nco's get treated worse than Airmen and sailors. There's very little instances of this shit in the Navy and Air force. Army guys have had it the worst.
Yep.
Have heard this about every post-colonial nation's military. The Brits modernized and revamped their officer corps but we still stick to the divisive mentality.
For reference-
Watch 57:50 onwards.

You know, I believe, as the education gap between the two sides gets smaller, it'd naturally get smoothened out a lil but it still gives you something to think about.

I've actually (and it's anecdotal so I make no claim on it being the norm) met a former sailor who was incredibly hateful of his officers. Horror stories all around.
If you'd sit and listen to his ramblings, you'd refuse to work in the Navy as a sailor even if the rank was literally offered to you.

Edit- While the video I linked does mention the Indian Army in passing, it does explain how it affects a soldier's view of his leadership when you put such a division in place. That's why I linked it.

Last edited:

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

Point is we require cds for all those structural changes in armed forces for better productivity, interoperability and coexistence

vidhwanshak

Country flag
Point is we require cds for all those structural changes in armed forces for better productivity, interoperability and coexistence
How will CDS fix the issue that @thefewthefearless is talking about?

The army needs structural and organizational reforms. All of these "sahayak" and officer superiority practice has been inherited from the Brits and it needs to be changed.

Do you all remember all the RR that veterans did on tweeter when Mudi allowed JCO/NCO to take part in the army commander conference in 2021?

1653283971644.png

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
How will CDS fix the issue that @thefewthefearless is talking about?

The army needs structural and organizational reforms. All of these "sahayak" and officer superiority practice has been inherited from the Brits and it needs to be changed.

Do you all remember all the RR that veterans did on tweeter when Mudi allowed JCO/NCO to take part in the army commander conference in 2021?

View attachment 157147
By mistake I quoted him
I wanted to write it individually
Sorry 😞

OFBkaRakhwala

Country flag
Yep.
Have heard this about every post-colonial nation's military. The Brits modernized and revamped their officer corps but we still stick to the divisive mentality.
For reference-
Watch 57:50 onwards.

You know, I believe, as the education gap between the two sides gets smaller, it'd naturally get smoothened out a lil but it still gives you something to think about.

I've actually (and it's anecdotal so I make no claim on it being the norm) met a former sailor who was incredibly hateful of his officers. Horror stories all around.
If you'd sit and listen to his ramblings, you'd refuse to work in the Navy as a sailor even if the rank was literally offered to you.

Edit- While the video I linked does mention the Indian Army in passing, it does explain how it affects a soldier's view of his leadership when you put such a division in place. That's why I linked it.
Solving the issue would be one the toughest job, forcing officers and punishing them could work in short time but the gap would have to disappear naturally. The Education divide is here to stay for the most part, The State Govt Funded education (From where most of the Troops come from) comes no where close to the Private or the Central Govt one.

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag
Solving the issue would be one the toughest job, forcing officers and punishing them could work in short time but the gap would have to disappear naturally. The Education divide is here to stay for the most part, The State Govt Funded education (From where most of the Troops come from) comes no where close to the Private or the Central Govt one.
Before again we could get diverted away from topic in this thread , lets end the discussion with rank discrimination and superiority pressure wont disappear from the army until , our the new gen students of India , receive education from a single Unified Board of education , overall . For this version of advanced and new education system to be implemented would require a decade or 2

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles