Indian Special Forces

abingdonboy

Country flag
Hmm most mil units videos - including JSOC docs and GSG9 have been without leash. Impossible to assault with a raging animal lashed to you I would assume.
I mean for the movement with the handler, of course for the assault/search part the dog is off leash and controlled remotely (increasingly by electronic means) but NSG seems to spend a lot of time training their K9s to be off leash prior to that in particular this kind of walk in between handler’s legs thing they were practicing here

abingdonboy

Country flag
Sorry to say bro but I feel it was just a gimmick or just giving a definition to system nothing much
It doesn't exists as such as no ops no procurement no media reports
A bit extreme. It’s a trail product or stepping stone to the next thing (SOCOM), but sadly it’s gone the way of a lot of headline grabbing deals/reforms in MoD- died a silent death/obliterated under a stack of files. SOCOM can’t progress without theatre commands and theatre commands seem to have been forgotten about with the death of the CDS. The services never wanted theatre commands and it seems they’ve used the CDS’s early demise to exert their will so AFSOD is basically a dud at this point

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
A bit extreme. It’s a trail product or stepping stone to the next thing (SOCOM), but sadly it’s gone the way of a lot of headline grabbing deals/reforms in MoD- died a silent death/obliterated under a stack of files. SOCOM can’t progress without theatre commands and theatre commands seem to have been forgotten about with the death of the CDS. The services never wanted theatre commands and it seems they’ve used the CDS’s early demise to exert their will so AFSOD is basically a dud at this point
Does anyone knows why cds hasn't been appointed afterall narvane sir has retired or they will never give it to anyone

abingdonboy

Country flag
Does anyone knows why cds hasn't been appointed afterall narvane sir has retired or they will never give it to anyone
There was a report a few weeks ago saying the services have pushed their idea again that CDS isn’t needed and that CISC should be bolstered. Already I believe they’ve started to dilute the CDS post (they removed certain admin powers of the DMA from the office). CDS position was one of the most hard fought reforms Modi had to do against the status quo and the status quo is coming back

It’s unbelievably unlucky that the CDS post wasn’t able to become institutionalised by having the first term served out and successive appointees

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles