Indian Special Forces

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
Sig 716 deliveries to AF started earlier than the Ak-103 . Ruko Zara , Sabr Karo . Wait for a few months , and we'll get to see them . Although its a mystery what are they gonna do what so many ak-103s since Garuds no. at around 1500-2000s
AK-103/203 is for the general IAF cadres. It will replace the standard Insas from their service. Garuds will most likely continue to use Tavors and newly inducted Sig-716s.

Op Kahuta

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Let's be honest, Indian SF isn't half as ill equipped or untrained as the Gucci gear gang would have you believe. But at the same time, we aren't quite at the level of our western counterparts.
But yeah, in terms of training, except for a few aspects, I have no doubt our guys are trained to the same level as most SF.
In terms of procurement of modern weaponry and gear, ngl, there's been quite a few surprises so you never know what's in store. Better late than never. And now with AFSOD being a functional entity, the pace of modernization will only get faster.
Finally someone who looks beyond photo ops and gucci gears and doesn't straight up call our SFs ill-equipped and ill-trained than muh SEALs and respectfully points where our SFs gears are lacking and still is optimistic. Good job bhrata :india:

senapati3

Country flag
Sig 716 deliveries to AF started earlier than the Ak-103 . Ruko Zara , Sabr Karo . Wait for a few months , and we'll get to see them . Although its a mystery what are they gonna do what so many ak-103s since Garuds no. at around 1500-2000s
Most of the AK's will go to DSC I Suppose , correct me if I am wrong.

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
Other than the helmet and Revision Military ballistic glasses what’s more modern? Para SF in this pic is using old gen AN PEQ 2 LAM whereas the SF of Botswana in that pic are using a more modern LAM (Looks like Steiner DBAL) and a More modern handguard on the gun, ACOGs with RMR Combo. Whilst this is our most modern picture in public atleast, where we’re still using sights which came with the gun which still use old gen screw mounts rather than modern QD mounts.
Before you send the picture of the few PEQ 15s we’ve seen, they’re just company and unit level purchases using the commander’s discretionary funds.

Op Kahuta

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Other than the helmet and Revision Military ballistic glasses what’s more modern? Para SF in this pic is using old gen AN PEQ 2 LAM whereas the SF of Botswana in that pic are using a more modern LAM (Looks like Steiner DBAL) and a More modern handguard on the gun, ACOGs with RMR Combo. Whilst this is our most modern picture in public atleast, where we’re still using sights which came with the gun which still use old gen screw mounts rather than modern QD mounts.
Before you send the picture of the few PEQ 15s we’ve seen, they’re just company and unit level purchases using the commander’s discretionary funds.
Ready to get trolled for this but don't think having more modern peq, handguards or canted/combo sights will make any difference if the bullets enter the skull of a botswana operator without having any or good ballistic protection. Love the nitpicking though(not saying we our men shouldn't get those top-of-the-line gears and accessories):thumbsup:

Last edited:

ManhattanProject

Country flag
Finally someone who looks beyond photo ops and gucci gears and doesn't straight up call our SFs ill-equipped and ill-trained than muh SEALs and respectfully points where our SFs gears are lacking and still is optimistic. Good job bhrata :india:
They really are ill-equipped thats a fact, about the ill-trained part, cant really say.

ManhattanProject

Country flag
Peq2s, old aimpoint comp optics, old sopmod m4s, by the way those helmets came with Tonbo helmet mounted thermals, you should thank tonbo for that or our sf would have mounted it to a patka😂. This pic is not bad by the way, still way ahead in standardization than any other para sf unit seem before.
The botswana guys have better kit in ever single way, you having to defend the para sf again a country like botswana already says how bad we are in a hole. Ex para sf officers have come to this website and said how bad the situation really is, but bhai jai ho bhikari gang ke dimag me nahi ghusta.

Op Kahuta

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Peq2s, old aimpoint comp optics, old sopmod m4s, by the way those helmets came with Tonbo helmet mounted thermals, you should thank tonbo for that or our sf would have mounted it to a patka😂. This pic is not bad by the way, still way ahead in standardization than any other para sf unit seem before.
The botswana guys have better kit in ever single way, you having to defend the para sf again a country like botswana already says how bad we are in a hole. Ex para sf officers have come to this website and said how bad the situation really is, but bhai jai ho bhikari gang ke dimag me nahi ghusta.
Weird from my convo with an ex para officer he said they have every top of the line military gear and weapons just like the US and UK SF. And I don't understand this logic of all hail tonbo for providing better helmets, like hello para ordered it from them and they got it, it's not like tonbo forced it down their throat. What u mean to imply being a sf they are so dumb to figure out even basic needs for their men? Also if u didn't like my opinion that's alright but didn't have to call me a bhikari gang but ok👍

Last edited:

Automatic Kalashnikov

Country flag
Weird from my convo with an ex para officer he said they have every top of the line military gear and weapons just like the US and UK SF. And I don't understand this logic of all hail tonbo for providing better helmets, like hello para ordered it from them and they got it, it's not like tonbo forced it down their throat. What u mean to imply being a sf they are so dumb to figure out even basic needs for their men? Also if u didn't like my opinion that's alright but didn't have to call me a bhikari gang but ok👍
Did you ask the PARA SF officer why don't they use those top level equipment in ops? Because sometime back there was a Retd maj from PARA SF who told on this forum that they don't even have proper helmets, latest nvg and contacts aren't present with them.

SGOperative

Country flag
Did you ask the PARA SF officer why don't they use those top level equipment in ops? Because sometime back there was a Retd maj from PARA SF who told on this forum that they don't even have proper helmets, latest nvg and contacts aren't present with them.
I guess totaly depends on what unit you are, Para SF is just a umbrella the units most of the time are doing their own thing, in 2018 Vajraprahar 3 Para SF was using the Standard Army Issue helmet while in 2015 the unit on NDTV show was using PASGT atleast IIRC. Also all officers wont tell about Gear issue to a civilian. Few are outspoken few dont like to talk about it as it may bring controversy.

Op Kahuta

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
They do use em in ops but cuz they don't click photos after ops finishes we haven't seen it. Rest is upon you if you want to believe it or not:)

Automatic Kalashnikov

Country flag
They do use em in ops but cuz they don't click photos after ops finishes we haven't seen it. Rest is upon you if you want to believe it or not:)
Ahh, so they change the sights on the guns so that their latest ones aren't seen, they hide their SDRs and Comtacs so others can't see. Wonder what they are trying to hide when these things are used by SOF across the globe, even their counterparts from Navy don't mind if they get clicked with NVGs on. And btw have you seen them any op where they had all the top end equipments?

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Ahh, so they change the sights on the guns so that their latest ones aren't seen, they hide their SDRs and Comtacs so others can't see. Wonder what they are trying to hide when these things are used by SOF across the globe, even their counterparts from Navy don't mind if they get clicked with NVGs on. And btw have you seen them any op where they had all the top end equipments?
Very well said 👏

Global Defence

New threads

Articles