Indian Special Forces

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
People call garuds instagram forces but nobody calls para sf out for posing in pictures like these, despite them being just as or more prevalent on the internet.
There is a difference though, most Para SF pics are posted by fan pages and enthusiasts, until a few months ago there were Serving Garuds with Public Instagram accounts posting pictures of themselves without covering them or their colleagues faces. But off late these accounts have gone private and AFAIK are still posting pictures. Ig someone from IAF found out and asked them all to take precautions or take down their accounts or posts.

Fire and groove

Country flag
Why not duplicate multiple instutions all over like multiple HAWS institutions all over Himalayas or Commando Schools not only in Belgaum but also for each specific terrain
Courses should be unit oriented. Right now our current system of training the instructors to be sent back to train their unit elements is actually pretty effective with regards to HAWS.
I've lost most of my push for equipment modernisation save here and there, i believe the military would benefit far more from capitalizing on it's professionalism and developing it's structures to get the bang for it's buck, like developing it's SOCOM for instance, and focusing on it's training quality. As far as splurging money on equipment so we can clap like seals goes, i think only the airforce should have priority, followed by the navy. If we have a punitive airforce capable of making the adversaries balls shrivel to their throats, nobody's gonna even think of a conventiomal war with us. Therefore:

Army needs institutional reform/development, a higher echelon of quality recruits and quality training.

Airforce unfortunately needs big bucks, no way around it.

Navy unfortunately will need to get used to it's status as the neglected child until the country can make big bucks.

And to tie it all up we need an actually robust tri-servic command structure. One that has the services play off of each other rather than argue like bratty siblings like they did in Kargil.

Basically: Less shiny guns, more getting good with current guns and polishing cohesion. Exceptions abound.

Fire and groove

Country flag
US officer corps's "warrior spirit" is a joke.
US has a very strong NCO culture but the tasking of the officers leave much to be desired, as mentioned by their own soldiers.

I was pleasantly surprised to see a podcast where a soldier mentioned that this "Officer in a shady dark TOC, far away from the battlefield" may work out in COIN but will be extremely demoralizing in peer to peer conflicts. That's one thing we might be doing right here.

I frankly don't understand wtf happens once our tactically proficient officers reach a higher rank.
Is our system rotten where the only way to cross a career bottleneck is to be a self serving political nibba or something?

I remember hearing news of the controversy around Brigadier Saurabh Singh Shekhawat and thought "yeah okay that makes sense, SOFs worldwide have a hard time jumping ranks" but there might be a lot more to it than that.

I'm just shooting off in the dark though. Few if any of us know what parameters are judged in an officer's career progression in the military.
NCO's and enlisted call officer's cake-eaters lol.

senapati3

Country flag

Imagine if PARA SF had this much sense/professionalism
Bro Itna Professionalism app mai to why you couldn't join , I always see you putting out negative criticism , till criticism it's enough you disrespect the armed forces like they are some rag tag militia , it's easier to be a keyboard warrior.

I accept the lack of equipments within our forces being an air force brat I saw many officers perish because of this. I condemned the government and the process for that never the uniform , the unit , or the service.

Choose your words wisely

Aditya Ballal

Country flag

Imagine if PARA SF had this much sense/professionalism
Though I get your point regarding the insane amount of thought process that needs to happen in order to select/choose the right upgrade kits for the right gun, to be fair weren’t Para SF the first ones to start purchasing mod kits for their AKs? Initially they purchased kits from TDI Arms and later the FAB Defense kits which are relatively larger in number today. I genuinely don’t know how much though they put into selecting which kits and why, I think they just searched for a complete mod kit provider who’s stuff worked in our conditions rather each operator selecting their own thing, the reason why we see different kits of FAB Defense is each battalion/unit bought something different or one kit was cannibalised for more than one rifle.
Lol RR has taken the larger initiative post this to buy FAB kits using their commanders emergency power funds, but they still have yet to cover every single AK due to the cost of the kits and sheer volume.

shouryav105

Country flag
Finally some honest review about Indian SF by a veteran. 'We can't compare our SF with those who have large economy but we are certainly ahead when compared with countries similar to us. "
sigma chad.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
Though I get your point regarding the insane amount of thought process that needs to happen in order to select/choose the right upgrade kits for the right gun, to be fair weren’t Para SF the first ones to start purchasing mod kits for their AKs? Initially they purchased kits from TDI Arms and later the FAB Defense kits which are relatively larger in number today. I genuinely don’t know how much though they put into selecting which kits and why, I think they just searched for a complete mod kit provider who’s stuff worked in our conditions rather each operator selecting their own thing, the reason why we see different kits of FAB Defense is each battalion/unit bought something different or one kit was cannibalised for more than one rifle.
Lol RR has taken the larger initiative post this to buy FAB kits using their commanders emergency power funds, but they still have yet to cover every single AK due to the cost of the kits and sheer volume.
Fab kits are good but instead of going for complete kits from a single vendor we should have gone for different vendors for different parts..like sureshot Mk3 for handguards and VG6 Epsilon AK Muzzle Brake for compensator..

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
Finally some honest review about Indian SF by a veteran.
>Night Jumps from 15,000 feat, kek nice
>His first Op, intel in night, cordoned and waited till morning, kekekekekekekek :lehappy:
>most difficult op, a Hostage situation with RR who got holed up in a militant building, 2 RR soldiers got martyred, did room intervention in the morning and greased 5 Ghazis, Kek nice
Comparison between Western SF,
>Economy, per capita expenditure
>in terms Equipment profile, large scope for improvement
>For example SAS, not better than them, but relatively to our peers but we are good enough, but a long way to go

Last edited:

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
Fab kits are good but instead of going for complete kits from a single vendor we should have gone for different vendors for different parts..like sureshot Mk3 for handguards and VG6 Epsilon AK Muzzle Brake for compensator..
Exactly, that’s why I said most likely they searched for a complete kit provider than searching for and selecting the best of each kind. This kind of thought process IMO didn’t happen because the kits were purchased in small tranches and were required urgently so they never really did this, lack of firearm industry knowledge also could be a reason, as most of the Jawans don’t know much regarding this and very few officers keep an eye on these things that happen on the international stage regarding this. Also lack of a domestic gun culture may contribute to a certain degree. Exercises with Foreign SF can only give so much exposure to types of mods or equipment, but the finer details will only come with individual research.

Last edited:

Automatic Kalashnikov

Country flag
Finally some honest review about Indian SF by a veteran. 'We can't compare our SF with those who have large economy but we are certainly ahead when compared with countries similar to us. "
I haven't watched the video, but what does he mean by countries with similar economies? GDP wise or armed forces budget wise?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles