Indian Special Forces

SGOperative

Country flag
I get where you come from, we have seen para sf put on elbow amd knee pads during demonstrations but we never see them during actual ops. That is what irritates me, why do they have to do these things for the laymen? Train as you fight is a thing so why do they have to put on these dog pony shows which just makes them look amateurish.
A guy had a fight me with on why Para SF was not wearing Elbow and Knee Pads during op. The point being for a layman thinks it is a good thing to have them.
PS- All Three Services do this even CRPF QAT.

Tactical Doge

π•±π–”π–”π–‘π–˜ π–—π–šπ–˜π– 𝖆𝖓𝖉 π–†π–“π–Œπ–Šπ–‘π–˜ π–‹π–Šπ–†π–—
Country flag
:doh::doh::doh:

Can spend for Maybach but not NVG.
so much for jugaad
This is not Jugaad
This for some other purposes, long range shiiet mind you

SPG CAT Teams should ideally have NVGs
Even a PVS-14 would be excellent to work with their current inventory

not so dravidian

Country flag
This is not Jugaad
This for some other purposes, long range shiiet mind you

SPG CAT Teams should ideally have NVGs
Even a PVS-14 would be excellent to work with their current inventory
Won't thermal scopes and PVS 14 and binoculars suffice it??

Plz explain

P.S: noob in usage of such instruments, expect for working principle

Tactical Doge

π•±π–”π–”π–‘π–˜ π–—π–šπ–˜π– 𝖆𝖓𝖉 π–†π–“π–Œπ–Šπ–‘π–˜ π–‹π–Šπ–†π–—
Country flag
Won't thermal scopes and PVS 14 and binoculars suffice it??

Plz explain

P.S: noob in usage of such instruments, expect for working principle
You can use pvs-14 on the helmet and utilise one eye to aim your weapon

What @SGOperative shared is a heavier, bigger, longer range Bi-ocular Night vision device which is Hand held, it cannot be used in conjunction with a IR laser
If I had to guess, Probably bought for sentries or something

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag
You can use pvs-14 on the helmet and utilise one eye to aim your weapon

What @SGOperative shared is a heavier, bigger, longer range Bi-ocular Night vision device which is Hand held, it cannot be used in conjunction with a IR laser
If I had to guess, Probably bought for sentries or something
But nibba , as I had mentioned before , what's the point of buying binoculars if not used with both eyes πŸ‘€ . Also then we should use weapon mounted NVGs if we are gonna use the the non dominant eye for NV and dominant for aiming . Then rather than going for expensive pvs-14s , BEL monoculars should suffice or else there will be no point in buying peq-15 illumantors , if we're gonna go Nick Furying around .

SGOperative

Country flag
But nibba , as I had mentioned before , what's the point of buying binoculars if not used with both eyes πŸ‘€ . Also then we should use weapon mounted NVGs if we are gonna use the the non dominant eye for NV and dominant for aiming . Then rather than going for expensive pvs-14s , BEL monoculars should suffice or else there will be no point in buying peq-15 illumantors , if we're gonna go Nick Furying around .
Thoda sabr karo, NVGs honge to dikh jayenge ek do mahine me. The Peqs number did increase but there were one two guys without those.

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
A lot of private sector companies are getting licenses by MHA and entering into some-sort of license screwdrivergiri with foreign OEMs nowadays.

We also have some Indian companies like Tombo, Tata Power SED, MKU, Alpha Technologies making optics for NVG and small arms.

Is there any Indian company is making/planning to make supressors (for small arms) in India through indegeneous or JV route?

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag
A lot of private sector companies are getting licenses by MHA and entering into some-sort of license screwdrivergiri with foreign OEMs nowadays.

We also have some Indian companies like Tombo, Tata Power SED, MKU, Alpha Technologies making optics for NVG and small arms.

Is there any Indian company is making/planning to make supressors (for small arms) in India through indegeneous or JV route?
IMO , they should start working on indigenous laser illuminators . BEL did create the Trinetra which is Indian alternative to Mepro MOR series. So it's more apt for them to run after illumination solutions , they might gain some market in the CAPF and Police units

SGOperative

Country flag
IMO , they should start working on indigenous laser illuminators . BEL did create the Trinetra which is Indian alternative to Mepro MOR series. So it's more apt for them to run after illumination solutions , they might gain some market in the CAPF and Police units
If they are cheaper to international ones very well might get orders from army too (atleast using commanders fund)

Tactical Doge

Country flag
But nibba , as I had mentioned before , what's the point of buying binoculars if not used with both eyes πŸ‘€ . Also then we should use weapon mounted NVGs if we are gonna use the the non dominant eye for NV and dominant for aiming .
Kek what? LoL
Pvs-14 is not PVS-7
It only goes on top of one eye and you can use it for aiming if you have a PEQ or something similar, and I'm assuming you said Bi-ocular and not Binocular, if so the entire back and forth is pointlessr

Then rather than going for expensive pvs-14s , BEL monoculars should suffice or else there will be no point in buying peq-15 illumantors , if we're gonna go Nick Furying around .
PVS-14.............is...........a monocular

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag
Kek what? LoL
Pvs-14 is not PVS-7
It only goes on top of one eye and you can use it for aiming if you have a PEQ or something similar, and I'm assuming you said Bi-ocular and not Binocular, if so the entire back and forth is pointlessr

PVS-14.............is...........a monocular
Sorry I meant PVS-31 binoculars , not pvs-14 monos , my mistake

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles