Indian Special Forces

SGOperative

Country flag
My friends are in SF, ( one in garud and one in para sf ) , I asked them about the the equipments they were using , I got a reply things are much better than before , even the training and other aspects , they were getting more involved with other SF's in terms of combined training and experience sharing.
From their word I could feel the Direction is good we , things are improving.
If its alright can i ask under which command your para sf friends unit come like Northern, Southern etc?

Angel of War

Country flag
My friends are in SF, ( one in garud and one in para sf ) , I asked them about the the equipments they were using , I got a reply things are much better than before , even the training and other aspects , they were getting more involved with other SF's in terms of combined training and experience sharing.
From their word I could feel the Direction is good we , things are improving.
Yeah , thats what i was thinking . I have met officers from 21 para and 10 para and they say their equipment is good

senapati3

Country flag
If its not alright can i ask under which command your para sf friends unit come like Northern, Southern etc?
I didn't ask them for obvious reasons but garud one is posted in Kashmir right now , could tell from his posts on WhatsApp and his beard 🤣, and the guy in para sf in doing HAHO , HALO jumps training somewhere in india.

senapati3

Country flag
I didn't ask them for obvious reasons but garud one is posted in Kashmir right now , could tell from his posts on WhatsApp and his beard 🤣, and the guy in para sf in doing HAHO , HALO jumps training somewhere in india.
Actually this para sf guy was a garud Airmen in air force before , he cleared Army SSB and got commissioned as an army officer , now he is doing some sort of conversion training.

I wasn't aware that you could switch services like that before

Angel of War

Country flag
Actually this para sf guy was a garud Airmen in air force before , he cleared Army SSB and got commissioned as an army officer , now he is doing some sort of conversion training.

I wasn't aware that you could switch services like that before
Woah , traditionally from what i know , in the army if a soldier wants to become an officer he has to go for training at ACC dehradun . But wasn't aware that they could switch services

ManhattanProject

Country flag
really man these all look good just in pics and poses. We know how the regular CRPF, or even the QRT is actually equipped on ground.
Some idiot posted these pics on reddit, pura bejati karwa diya.
Horrible elbow kneepads, drop leg holsters from the 90s, horrible BPJ, thermals on his helmet as well as on his weapon? All this kit only looks good to the layman, to us it just looks horrible.

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag
Brother they are stationed in the most forward and remote base of our country , they have got adequate training and know how to use , modify their rifles better than you , me and all us keyboard intellectual s
Please dont get me started on this again , I have a history of fighting against people with "Army knows everything" opinion , I agree to it at some points but not all

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag
Can you give me some examples , i would appreciate it
If you have patience to go through 700+ pages plus stuff from the older SF Thread , you'd get the exact idea what we're talking about . The only prominent battalions who took care of their equipments with smart use of commanders funds are 10 Para and 4 Para. Can't say anything about 9 para or any other unit , source : all pics posted

senapati3

Country flag
Please dont get me started on this again , I have a history of fighting against people with "Army knows everything" opinion , I agree to it at some points but not all
You should understand basic difference between photo ops done by these people and actual way they use their rifles when it needs be.
The concerned person directly made fun of how they covered their rifles from head to toe , should understand even a basic infantryman knows which part of a rifle can be covered or not.
Regarding basic procurement even I am aware how flawed and outdated our system is from the time of independence, slowly things will change and are changing , and we should acknowledge that as well , it is very difficult to equip such a large force from head to toe because of the financial aspects involved.

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag
You should understand basic difference between photo ops done by these people and actual way they use their rifles when it needs be.
The concerned person directly made fun of how they covered their rifles from head to toe , should understand even a basic infantryman knows which part of a rifle can be covered or not.
Regarding basic procurement even I am aware how flawed and outdated our system is from the time of independence, slowly things will change and are changing , and we should acknowledge that as well , it is very difficult to equip such a large force from head to toe because of the financial aspects involved.
Even for photo ops , this is way too stupid to implement

ManhattanProject

Country flag
I get where you come from, we have seen para sf put on elbow amd knee pads during demonstrations but we never see them during actual ops. That is what irritates me, why do they have to do these things for the laymen? Train as you fight is a thing so why do they have to put on these dog pony shows which just makes them look amateurish.

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
Even for photo ops , this is way too stupid to implement
Kek
You didn't see the army day promo in which the infantrymen were slapping the bolt release?
They have been familiarised with the system and they are comfortable with it
What led to such a half baked way of Covering the wepaon with bandages is debatable
We can argue on a pic for how it should have been for all day long , but our focus should be more on what is really happening in ground reality.
Seriously
You peeps need to stop going in circles
Ground realities this, army knows that
Kekekekekekkekekek

Global Defence

New threads

Articles