Indian Special Forces

Tactical Doge

π•±π–”π–”π–‘π–˜ π–—π–šπ–˜π– 𝖆𝖓𝖉 π–†π–“π–Œπ–Šπ–‘π–˜ π–‹π–Šπ–†π–—
Country flag
same nods that some special forces units of talibunnies have?
ref was posted in world military thread.
Yes
There are several versions of it with minor tweeks like movable eyepieces and Shiiet, like in Netro

But basically they are the same PVS-7
Outdated and overused

abingdonboy

Country flag
View attachment 131980Indian Army New Camouflage
I’ll keep my opinions about the new camo for another thread but how third world/backwards is this nonsense now? Your most elite standing around with their shiny black boots and pristine weapons (that look particularly bulky and ill suited for SF work these days) even going with some ceremonial moustaches for the occasion.

this doesn’t scream war fighters, as I said before. No elite units in the west do this kind of nonsense, again a display that the IA and Indian military in general have little understanding or respect for SF philosophy and are still in the commando culture even after they changed their name to SFs

I don’t think there’s any hope of them coming up to the mark anymore. May as well convert them all back to airborne battalions and stop the embarrassment of declaring these guys your most elite fighting force. Something new entirely needs to come up with none of this regimental/traditional baggage.

thefewthefearless

Country flag
I’ll keep my opinions about the new camo for another thread but how third world/backwards is this nonsense now? Your most elite standing around with their shiny black boots and pristine weapons (that look particularly bulky and ill suited for SF work these days) even going with some ceremonial moustaches for the occasion.

this doesn’t scream war fighters, as I said before. No elite units in the west do this kind of nonsense, again a display that the IA and Indian military in general have little understanding or respect for SF philosophy and are still in the commando culture even after they changed their name to SFs

I don’t think there’s any hope of them coming up to the mark anymore. May as well convert them all back to airborne battalions and stop the embarrassment of declaring these guys your most elite fighting force. Something new entirely needs to come up with none of this regimental/traditional baggage.
man i kinda like the previous pattern .though this might have better camo.

Tactical Doge

π•±π–”π–”π–‘π–˜ π–—π–šπ–˜π– 𝖆𝖓𝖉 π–†π–“π–Œπ–Šπ–‘π–˜ π–‹π–Šπ–†π–—
Country flag
who tf gave them? afaik most of the us military uses bnvds
Older stock given to ANA could be
Neither is it American, nor is it their Older stock donated to ANA

These are ANA SF shiiet which the Taliban Inherited from ANA
Not in anyway Amriki uses

Taliban Fighter with AN/PVS-7 Night Vision Goggles, and M16A4 equipped with ATN Thor thermal optic.
1642226045039.png

abingdonboy

Country flag
Got a somewhat no filter view of the new Indian Army uniform :

Does the job I’d say. Not convinced about being untucked other than to emulate the pakis who themselves emulate the Americans.

won’t Allow hip holsters and most frontline western units have combat shirts that they tuck in so what’s gained here?

Just hope they don’t continue with all their trinkets (bright ranks, medals, ribbons, badges etc) but I fear that mindset is entirely unchanged

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles