North East Security Watch

Vinash

Country flag
Christians in Karnataka making threats regarding anti-conversion bill!

Christians are making threats in a state where they aren't 5% and you think the Church in Nagaland isn't behind this stuff where they are 90%?

tomthounaojam

Country flag
You cannot look at Naga Insurgency without looking at insurgency in North East as a whole.

Trying Iron hand approach would push not just Nagaland but the entire region into a volcano.This would only help China and our foe Pakistan as India would have to divert significant amount of it's resources towards fighting internal rebellion.

Anyone who lived in the NE in the 80's and the 90's can tell you how deadly the insurgency there can be.
It can get far more brutal than either in Naxal belt or Kashmir.
The region is mostly quiet now, except for sporadic violence, however, incidents like these and if one cannot get justice especially the Naga and these tribes who were killed are Konyaks the head hunters, might turn into a quagmire. I believe unless the top decision-maker doesn't come up with a solution quickly and tries to quell again will not surely go down well. This was supposed to be a classified operation which is fine but should have worked with Assam Rifles as they know the region very well and how the populations work.
The early days of the Naga insurgency were brutal and don't want things to repeat again.

vampyrbladez

Country flag
This was a horrific incident which should not have happened and you are justifying this. If this will be the attitude Goodluck getting rid of the insurgencies.
Simply force immigration of surplus population to these areas. Watch as this insurgency goes down automatically.

vampyrbladez

Country flag
The region is mostly quiet now, except for sporadic violence, however, incidents like these and if one cannot get justice especially the Naga and these tribes who were killed are Konyaks the head hunters, might turn into a quagmire. I believe unless the top decision-maker doesn't come up with a solution quickly and tries to quell again will not surely go down well. This was supposed to be a classified operation which is fine but should have worked with Assam Rifles as they know the region very well and how the populations work.
The early days of the Naga insurgency were brutal and don't want things to repeat again.
India is one. Believe me if as a Bengali I am called to quell some rebellion in W. Bengali , I will make sure we leave the British and Mongols behind in terms of brutality and swiftness.

Same sentiment should arise in all Nationalists. Most Nagas are becoming Christians and losing their Indic roots.

Drone bombing campaign should be done on pro insurgent villages and camps.

tomthounaojam

Country flag
It's reasonable to assume other enemy nations have a similar agenda. We must accept collateral damage in our stride.
So easy to say from the comfort of your house, we must accept collateral damage, and all military will say we must try to avoid collateral damage. If this happens to your family members then you will have a different reality.

angryIndian

Country flag
This will not go down well irrespective of what the government does.An average Naga still carries the resentment for the dark days of 50's and 60's.

Besides it has undone nearly 25 years of peaceful negotiations and will put the government in a very difficult position as far as Negotiations with the various Naga faction goes.

vampyrbladez

Country flag
This will not go down well irrespective of what the government does.An average Naga still carries the resentment for the dark days of 50's and 60's.

Besides it has undone nearly 25 years of peaceful negotiations and will put the government in a very difficult position as far as Negotiations with the various Naga faction goes.
अश्वं नैव गजं नैव व्याघ्रं नैव च नैव च ।
अजापुत्रं बलिं दद्यात् देवो दुर्बल घातकः॥

Neither horse, nor elephant, nor the lion, it's only the meek goat that is killed in sacrifice. Even the Gods kill the weak.

tomthounaojam

Country flag
India is one. Believe me if as a Bengali I am called to quell some rebellion in W. Bengali , I will make sure we leave the British and Mongols behind in terms of brutality and swiftness.
Same sentiment should arise in all Nationalists. Most Nagas are becoming Christians and losing their Indic roots.
This will go a different narrative, however, am saying there are lot of frustration on the local people but that doesn't make them pro insurgency, people are always sandwiched between two sides one from government and one from militant. India is a diverse country and there will be bound to be different aspirations and desires so it is a bit complex I guess.
I already said about the drone action here, however, we all agree in a democratic country no one will bomb its own people.

tomthounaojam

Country flag

It can't be a catch 22 now, yes it is a very difficult place with complex tribals history, and desires, I sincerely hope not as a bandaid solutions something concrete comes out.
It is easy to win the war with the might of the nation but maintaining peace is a whole different story.

vampyrbladez

Country flag
This will go a different narrative, however, am saying there are lot of frustration on the local people but that doesn't make them pro insurgency, people are always sandwiched between two sides one from government and one from militant. India is a diverse country and there will be bound to be different aspirations and desires so it is a bit complex I guess.
I already said about the drone action here, however, we all agree in a democratic country no one will bomb its own people.
We did bombed the Mizos before. Nagas should know that nothing is above the Nation.

I had one guy talk about a West Bengal secession movement to Bangladesh to create Shonar Bangla. That guy still remembers my slap.

tomthounaojam

Country flag
We did bombed the Mizos before. Nagas should know that nothing is above the Nation.

I had one guy talk about a West Bengal secession movement to Bangladesh to create Shonar Bangla. That guy still remembers my slap.
Then why not bomb Kashmir, Naxal belt, or W. Bengal first more troops are lost there than in NE, Why only Naga, Shonar Bangla area should be bombed first seem like they have an independence agenda, nation first.

angryIndian

Country flag

Most of Nagaland was already Christian before India attained independence.

As i said any heavy handed approach like aerial attacks will push not just Nagaland but the entire North East towards a volcanic eruption which will force the Army to divert it's resources and manpower towards battling insurgencies rather than guarding borders with China or Pakistan.

There was a major air raid in Mizoram carried out by the Airforce in the early 60's and it proved counterproductive as it only bolstered the insurgency.

This insurgency was ended by Rajiv Gandhi through diplomatic negotiations and Mizoram has been quite peaceful since then

angryIndian

Country flag
Then why not bomb Kashmir, Naxal belt, or W. Bengal first more troops are lost there than in NE, Why only Naga, Shonar Bangla area should be bombed first seem like they have an independence agenda, nation first.
His statements are very juvenile.....Unlike many of us mainlanders who have lived in North East and understand the gravity of situation, There are many like him living in far off cities,many of whom will not be able to point out Nagaland in the Map of India yet will not shy away from giving an authoritative view on the issue.

angryIndian

Country flag
अश्वं नैव गजं नैव व्याघ्रं नैव च नैव च ।
अजापुत्रं बलिं दद्यात् देवो दुर्बल घातकः॥

Neither horse, nor elephant, nor the lion, it's only the meek goat that is killed in sacrifice. Even the Gods kill the weak.
Babu, idioms don't work in real life.They are only good for securing marks in literature exams

We are not fight a war to win,We are fighting to win over disgruntled people who have seen nothing but conflict and violence.

vampyrbladez

Country flag
Most of Nagaland was already Christian before India attained independence.

As i said any heavy handed approach like aerial attacks will push not just Nagaland but the entire North East towards a volcanic eruption which will force the Army to divert it's resources and manpower towards battling insurgencies rather than guarding borders with China or Pakistan.

There was a major air raid in Mizoram carried out by the Airforce in the early 60's and it proved counterproductive as it only bolstered the insurgency.

This insurgency was ended by Rajiv Gandhi through diplomatic negotiations and Mizoram has been quite peaceful since then
Unless you go and bomb the camps nothing matters.

Cross border surgical strikes, drone bombings, Xinjiang level surveillance is need to kill an insurgency so that the next generation will never know an insurgency happened in Nagaland.

Rajiv Gandhi was a bigger idiot. He wasted time and energy against LTTE and fostered Dravidian Nationalist bullshit.

vampyrbladez

Country flag
I am all for bombing Naxals. J&K is near an international border so all aerial campaigns have to be very limited.

Sec 370 abrogation was the best thing to happen to J&K.

vampyrbladez

Country flag
Babu, idioms don't work in real life.They are only good for securing marks in literature exams

We are not fight a war to win,We are fighting to win over disgruntled people who have seen nothing but conflict and violence.
These disgruntled people are like Tikait Punjab farmers, more you appease, more they will escalate.

You need to work to wipe out any trace of this insurgency before the next generation open their eyes. With Chinese at the border, we don't have the luxury of time.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles