Indian Special Forces

rkhanna

Country flag
ALH and WSI is fully capable and integrated for night flying using ANVIS night sights. They have adequate no.s.

They can undertake night ops in a denied environment? Night ops is not just giving the pilot NoDs and a FLIR ball.

Cheetah and chetak are not night flg capable. Still they do practice night flg. Surprisingly they also have ANVIS night sights.
These pilots earmarked for SOF operations.? Do they even have a training regime for the same. Flying at night for conventional operations and SOF 2 different things.

Dhruvs the right platform for SOF operations? What about the Mils ?

Regarding the BMP IIs. The order for the upgrade was placed right after the Chinese confrontation and AFAIK they are a phased acquisition and contract yet to be signed. Please provide source of this upgrade

An abinitio SOF capability in 2021 for a major world power is a dereliction of duty. Back to you

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
ALH and WSI is fully capable and integrated for night flying using ANVIS night sights. They have adequate no.s.

Cheetah and chetak are not night flg capable. Still they do practice night flg. Surprisingly they also have ANVIS night sights.

Indian BMP IIs - 90% are upgraded with Israeli TSIK sight and the commanders sight is upgraded by BHEL TKN 3B sight.

Now what?
These pilots earmarked for SOF operations.? Do they even have a training regime for the same. Flying at night for conventional operations and SOF 2 different things.

Regarding the BMP IIs. The order for the upgrade was placed right after the Chinese confrontation and AFAIK they are a phased acquisition and contract yet to be signed. Please provide source of this upgrade

An abinitio SOF capability in 2021 for a major world power is a dereliction of duty. Back to you
We have about 2600+ BMP-2s in our mechanised forces, only an initial batch of 970 were upgraded with the Alpha Design Technologies Thermal Imager Stand-alone Kit (TISK).
Post the clashes with China another similar upgrade was sought this time with a TISK and a thermal commanders panoramic sight, along with an FCS upgrade for 800 pieces. This most likely includes the 156 additional BMP-2s ordered around the same time.
So 90% of our BMP-2 fleet not being night blind is still inaccurate as once the upgrades are completed it will still be about 60% of the fleet.

SGOperative

Country flag

Why are Dhruvs a bad option?

abingdonboy

Country flag
Will love to see them in new uniform shirt tucked outwards
how can you carry sidearms on a hip mounted holster with shirts untucked (something PARA SF has been doing more recently)?

I hope the adoption of a new camo at least comes with a combat shirt, that's what every modern military is issuing to combat units these days

1638446167032.png

1638446188269.png

1638446339619.png

I don't have any hopes though really, they'll get the tucked out style but not adjust their combat gear accordingly

SGOperative

Country flag
how can you carry sidearms on a hip mounted holster with shirts untucked (something PARA SF has been doing more recently)?

I hope the adoption of a new camo at least comes with a combat shirt, that's what every modern military is issuing to combat units these days

View attachment 122806

View attachment 122807

View attachment 122808

I don't have any hopes though really, they'll get the tucked out style but not adjust their combat gear accordingly
SF is slowly adopting quarter zip tshirts. And i dont think US Regular Infantry uses quarter zip tshirts. Its the SF which uses correct me if i am wrong.

And this untucked is not for SF but for Regular infantry. Nothing Specific to SF out there. They might not change their camo along with infantry like SSG of Pakistan.

abingdonboy

Country flag
SF is slowly adopting quarter zip tshirts. And i dont think US Regular Infantry uses quarter zip tshirts. Its the SF which uses correct me if i am wrong.
Their frontline combat units are getting combat shirts- marines, 82nd and some infantry units. in the near future this will be the standard for them, only POGs will run around with untucked shirts

82nd airborne (not SF, airborne infantry) in Kabul:

1638446725399.png

Indian army always 20+ years behind even when they do something 'new'

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
Their frontline combat units are getting combat shirts- marines, 82nd and some infantry units. in the near future this will be the standard for them, only POGs will run around with untucked shirts

View attachment 122809

IA Infantryman in Congo
Does this qualify as a Combat T-shirt? I'm guessing no still

Screenshot_20211202-173937~3.png

abingdonboy

Country flag

And this untucked is not for SF but for Regular infantry. Nothing Specific to SF out there. They might not change their camo along with infantry like SSG of Pakistan.

Regular Australian army infantry:
View attachment 122816

USMC infantry:

1638446863983.png

US Army 25th Infantry division:

1638446981062.png

1638447096901.png

1638447245833.png

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars this tuck out concept is outdated Most of the Frontline units are equipped with zip shirt from Japan to Rok from EU to Russia and even African countries have stated to issue this.

ManhattanProject

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars this tuck out concept is outdated Most of the Frontline units are equipped with zip shirt from Japan to Rok from EU to Russia and even African countries have stated to issue this.
Like when we ordered our new "upgraded" helmets from MKU, without any rails or NVG mounts? Not blaming MKU here, our military procurement planners are just huge boomers. Now they have putout new request for helmets that can stop 7.62 bullets, do any such helmet exist that will be comfortable to wear?

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
Like when we ordered our new "upgraded" helmets from MKU, without any rails or NVG mounts? Not blaming MKU here, our military procurement planners are just huge boomers. Now they have putout new request for helmets that can stop 7.62 bullets, do any such helmet exist that will be comfortable to wear?
A varient of the FAST helmet can and has successfully stopped 7.62x39

SGOperative

Country flag

View attachment 122809

82nd isnt your regular airborne unit. They are considered a elite infantry and will be same as SFF. Also US Army's Budget will alone be 2 or 3 Times the total budget of ours. Stop comparing everything with US.

Haldilal

Country flag
82nd isnt your regular airborne unit. They are considered a elite infantry and will be same as SFF. Also US Army's Budget will alone be 2 or 3 Times the total budget of ours. Stop comparing everything with US.
Ya'll Nibbiars not just Amerika but another nation's front line troops are also equipped with Zip T shirts. Stop living in 2000's.

Sir pe tapla

Country flag

Quarter Zip t Shirts are being issued to regular infantry as well. Almost everyone was wearing them in Delhi cantt. Incidentally That's where I saw one of Major Jacob's CLAW vehicle leaving the Cantt 😁

Haldilal

Country flag
Compare the size of the army, then compare the budget and do calculate per capita budget for every soldier.
Ya'll Nibbiars compare the cost of labour's compare the threat and then make a conculsions.

Haldilal

Country flag
Quarter Zip t Shirts are being issued to regular infantry as well. Almost everyone was wearing them in Delhi cantt. Incidentally That's where I saw one of Major Jacob's CLAW vehicle leaving the Cantt 😁
Ya'll Nibbiars Zip T shirst are now common every where in the world. Most of the memebers don't even knew that. And even a large part of the Mleecahs troops will be equipped with the Zip T Shirts.

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
Compare the size of the army, then compare the budget and do calculate per capita budget for every soldier.
Not every soldier we are talking about SF here russia has less defence spending than us.and yes there are army is only 1/3rd of ours but even their low tier spetznaz groups are equiped with the " basics"

Global Defence

New threads

Articles