Indian Special Forces

SGOperative

Country flag
You kinda collapsed your own assertion by pointing out the sheer absurdity with regards to maintaining various platforms. Proper logistics requires advanced deployment of spares and equipment in surplus into constantly shifting forward deployment points, even more so when waging manuever warfare like the military plans to with Pakistan. In the north-east we currently rely heavily on open mountain paths, air-slinging supplies (which'll cease for the time being during conflict) and some roads compared to the other side which can mobilize and form up more men and equipment, that too faster.
NE is a tough case with pretty harsh terrain. But might see some developments there now. The lack of infra was not because of officers but not releasing funds by the MOD.

Tactical Doge

π•±π–”π–”π–‘π–˜ π–—π–šπ–˜π– 𝖆𝖓𝖉 π–†π–“π–Œπ–Šπ–‘π–˜ π–‹π–Šπ–†π–—
Country flag
will be expensive.
There is summer working, Winter formals, Summer formals, Ceremonials
We don't even know if all of them, or some of them are being replaced
Lot of wriggle room For funds to get integrated Knee and elbow protection for Front units

SGOperative

Country flag
Integrated Knee Pads are cheaper than regular knee pads, if the provision to attach them is there.
i see looks like army infantry soldier will be modernized with better standard issues in next 2-3 yrs 😁 then comes SF.

BTW any update on AFSOD last time i heard about it, it was still a pilot project. How much time will it take to be somewhat mature.

Love Charger

ΰ€šΰ€•ΰ₯ΰ€°ΰ€΅ΰ€°ΰ₯ΰ€€ΰ₯€
Country flag
i see looks like army infantry soldier will be modernized with better standard issues in next 2-3 yrs 😁 then comes SF.

BTW any update on AFSOD last time i heard about it, it was still a pilot project. How much time will it take to be somewhat mature.
Sf will not be modernized till we teacher kingdom come sir

SGOperative

Country flag
Sf will not be modernized till we teacher kingdom come sir
Nah recently some officer was posted in USA. I am hopeful after seeing infantry modernization. And the leadership is also understanding it now. BTW AFSOD is supposed to have strength of 3000 what about others?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles