Indian Special Forces

Scramjet

Country flag
Is 9 Para the best battalion out of all the other SF battalions in terms of training, drills, and ops?
I know that every unit has its own specialization like some specialized in jungle warfare some in the desert but if we have to choose one then which would it be?
9 PARA is considered the best since it is permanently deployed in ops in j and k and even before that, they gained considerable experience in srilanka (1987). Its simple logic the unit which sees the most action is the best hence giving 9 an edge over others. This forms a cycle, a unit constantly engaged in combat has high standards and have honed their drills to perfection which is imparted to the probies and the cycle continues....
Summary :
Meghdoot force got absorbed into para regt (due to their mandate at that time) and was named as 9 para cdo. 9 para cdo later split into 9 para cdo and 10 para cdo. Then instead of raising a new bn, 1 punjab got converted into 1 para cdo. Similarly, 21 MLI got converted into 21 para cdo(later SF) in 1996.
These units have seen a lot of action in wars and Counter Insurgency/Counter terror ops.
Newer units do see action

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
Even the army knows SF need a massive upgrade particularly in the Small arms but this was about 3 years ago

SGOperative

Country flag
Even the army knows SF need a massive upgrade particularly in the Small arms but this was about 3 years ago
I feel many people in key positions have realized the importance of SOFs but the bureaucracy is a pain.

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
I feel many people in key positions have realized the importance of SOFs but the bureaucracy is a pain.
Our bureaucracy is one hell of a problem we aren't changing for the time and are thinking that we will fight in our own terms.and at the end we will pay the price.we bring Guinea pigs for the israelis for a rifle that is just not suited for a SF mandate.guns themselves will not make any change its the so called " force multipliers " that make the change .an vanilla hk 416 a5 with no " force multipliers will not give measurable any advantage to even an enemy with a m16 of vietnam era.

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
not a rant, just saying how I feel, I said it's not a place to post, no need to get annoyed so quickly.
Stick to topic of the thread, "Special Forces" not Aircraft Carriers
If you can read, naval thread is just a Hop below
Forums have rules, rules keep it from going anymore shitshow than it already is

Yodha

India is my Identity
Professional
Country flag
Teir One units around the world have stopped using them. Modern holsters and belts have rendered them obsolete.
So, what Tier 1 units use is taken as standard, you mean? Equipment is always selected not only based on requirement but availability as well. And when it is not an organised acquisition it results in a cluster of equipment.

One thumb rule: Always talk about things that you have experienced on a public forum

ManhattanProject

Country flag
So, what Tier 1 units use is taken as standard, you mean? Equipment is always selected not only based on requirement but availability as well. And when it is not an organised acquisition it results in a cluster of equipment.

One thumb rule: Always talk about things that you have experienced on a public forum
What are you trying to say dude? I said drop legs are obsolete, which is a fact. Some might still prefer them and our guys might not have a choice..but the fact remains they are obsolete. I dont understand what you are trying to say? i just made a passing comment, drop legs will still do the job, but if you are the best of the best, you get the best of the best equipment.

SGOperative

Country flag
What are you trying to say dude? I said drop legs are obsolete, which is a fact. Some might still prefer them and our guys might not have a choice..but the fact remains they are obsolete. I dont understand what you are trying to say? i just made a passing comment, drop legs will still do the job, but if you are the best of the best, you get the best of the best equipment.
UK CTSFO still use the Single Strap Drop Leg Hostler bruh also he is a police guy not Devgru or Delta Force dont need to compare Devgru or Delta Force everywhere.

Yodha

India is my Identity
Professional
Country flag
I'm sorry that you can't understand but how did you declare that they are obsolete

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag
I know that I'll be straying a little away from topic , but what's the point of a Buffet table weapons Display and SF demonstration in public . It's so impractical, if they really wanted for some minor demonstration, they should've constructed a museum or a hall , where a permanent display of weapons, instruments and vehicles should be arranged . I'm talking about these minor displays not big military shows like Aero India , DefeXpo etc . A quite weird way of improving public morale and patriotism . I know that these minor displays acts as copium fuel for DFI members , but still

SGOperative

Country flag
I know that I'll be straying a little away from topic , but what's the point of a Buffet table weapons Display and SF demonstration in public . It's so impractical, if they really wanted for some minor demonstration, they should've constructed a museum or a hall , where a permanent display of weapons, instruments and vehicles should be arranged . I'm talking about these minor displays not big military shows like Aero India , DefeXpo etc . A quite weird way of improving public morale and patriotism . I know that these minor displays acts as copium fuel for DFI members , but still
Bruh who cares, atleast we get to see their gears. We might have never knew that Garuds have Quadnods now without these types of Display.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles