Indian Special Forces

SGOperative

Country flag
Thats a pretty nice setup he's got there. A DBAL laser unit, i assume thats an aimpoint and actual polymer mags, nice ptt and comtacs. Now lets see if this is all for the camera or they actually have this kind of kit.
SSG N has decent kit. The one Suffering is SSG of Army and SSW.

SGOperative

Country flag
Am I seriously meant to respond to this? Beyond the typical 'they are so secret but trust me bro they are effective' rhetoric and aside from the personal attacks what have you actually refuted?

I'm not doubting individuals in Indian services have done great things nor their will but that doesn't mean the capabilities are there just because you want them to be. I'm sure there are millions of Indians who have the skills to be professional racing drivers but they can't compete against the combination of skill and training resources that are present in the West and because culturally it is frowned upon to have such non traditional aspirations so the end result? No Indian F1 drivers today.

It's not a perfect analogy but I'm trying to say that if we are talking about Special forces we have to have an objective standard by which to measure abilities. Just because a few want to fetishise poverty/jugaad doesn't mean this translates in the battlefield.

I said it before and people lost their minds- if you had a SF mission that needed to be done anywhere in the world and the global community was trying to figure out who to send, Indian 'SFs' wouldn't even be in the top 50 units they'd look at. A few tactical victories at home here and there doesn't mean they are legitimately capable.
Again apples to Oranges Comparison, Will you be choosing Green Berets or Navy Seals to Raid a HVT Compound or Delta Force or Devgru. Avinash sir also said this to you guys to stop comparing everything. SAS, Unit269 get the Best Equipment but have they not fked up once or twice. They are fabulous units but Gears are a there to make your work easier, not do the work and the man behind the gear matters. And talking about Indian SF capability they achieved the Tasks they were assigned to do.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag

here you go
Since when the fook did we start working as hired kidnappers for foreign countries? 😠

Seems like a load of bull. Indian special forces going in so heavily armed to apprehend refugees? That too with an armed Coast Guard gunboat standing guard?

Seems very movie-like that we would go 30 miles off our territorial waters to apprehend a bunch of women unless they were classified as "terrorists".

MuzzleVelocity

Thats a pretty nice setup he's got there. A DBAL laser unit, i assume thats an aimpoint and actual polymer mags, nice ptt and comtacs. Now lets see if this is all for the camera or they actually have this kind of kit.
SSG are a major propaganda tool for Pak establishment. This is all for show.

thefewthefearless

Country flag
Am I seriously meant to respond to this? Beyond the typical 'they are so secret but trust me bro they are effective' rhetoric and aside from the personal attacks what have you actually refuted?

I'm not doubting individuals in Indian services have done great things nor their will but that doesn't mean the capabilities are there just because you want them to be. I'm sure there are millions of Indians who have the skills to be professional racing drivers but they can't compete against the combination of skill and training resources that are present in the West and because culturally it is frowned upon to have such non traditional aspirations so the end result? No Indian F1 drivers today.

It's not a perfect analogy but I'm trying to say that if we are talking about Special forces we have to have an objective standard by which to measure abilities. Just because a few want to fetishise poverty/jugaad doesn't mean this translates in the battlefield.

I said it before and people lost their minds- if you had a SF mission that needed to be done anywhere in the world and the global community was trying to figure out who to send, Indian 'SFs' wouldn't even be in the top 50 units they'd look at. A few tactical victories at home here and there doesn't mean they are legitimately capable.
well you should then complain to management and goi for it. corruption runs deep in indian's blood.
as for operation goes. south asia in a nutshell. even western militaries find it difficult to operate in it.
if i take the ex. of afghan. us/nato were able to push since they had the technical and financial advantage. you already know how many us soldiers were killed in afghan despite having such a good advantage.

indian sf can't operate in west, it's a fact. neither they have good cqb training like foreign sof. we ve seen nsg with scooter helmets during op. black tornado.
No Indian F1 drivers today.
f2 actually, jehan daruvala. i don't think any f1 team would take him. since he ain't the best in f2. tho he is signed up in rbda. he started his career so late in force india when other drivers were at peak.
you r correct about the inferior gear. it's not the operatives problem like i'm saying.

thefewthefearless

Country flag
all people from 3-4 threads are doing is crying crying crying.
people are fighting between paras the besht sof in the world and paras aren't the best in the world.
you guys don't need to cry about corruption in sf thread.
@mods clean this thread

SGOperative

Country flag
well you should then complain to management and goi for it. corruption runs deep in indian's blood.
as for operation goes. south asia in a nutshell. even western militaries find it difficult to operate in it.
if i take the ex. of afghan. us/nato were able to push since they had the technical and financial advantage. you already know how many us soldiers were killed in afghan despite having such a good advantage.

indian sf can't operate in west, it's a fact. neither they have good cqb training like foreign sof. we ve seen nsg with scooter helmets during op. black tornado.

f2 actually, jehan daruvala. i don't think any f1 team would take him. since he ain't the best in f2. tho he is signed up in rbda. he started his career so late in force india when other drivers were at peak.
you r correct about the inferior gear. it's not the operatives problem like i'm saying.
Agree with the equipment part but during operation Black Tornado NSG were super effective so on what basis are you saying their training isnt good? If it is they did not adopt modern practices that's another thing but is their training effective, yes and they proved it.

thefewthefearless

Country flag
Agree with the equipment part but during operation Black Tornado NSG were super effective so on what basis are you saying their training isnt good? If it is they did not adopt modern practices that's another thing but is their training effective, yes and they proved it.
go through what @abingdonboy said.
we rarely face cqb situations. nsg has some good ew equipments and gear that should be first issued to paras and marcos.

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles