Indian Special Forces

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag
They have mentioned explicitly that any further details cannot be revealed. So whether they have supplied the plate carriers or not, is a 50-50.

The PC's seen with MARCOs prior to this in Kashmir are a different design and camo altogether, these designs look quite similar to the PCs Armasen has as a part of their product line, especially the SF rig.

Thats an assumption that you're making, there can be n number of reasons to not publicly claim it.

Yeah that's what I said in an earlier reply, kindly read and understand properly, before jumping the gun.
I'm sorry but I have to disagree with you , upon 1-1/2 year of Armasen entering the market one thing has become clear that although they chose to keep some things in secret it is highly unlikely that they wouldn't talk about their products in the description . There had been special forces purchases before by Para SF , Afghan Special forces and police units, etc and every time they chose to reveal their purchase products . They always demonstrate and give links to their products but choose to not mention units, personell information and their orders and its numbers . They also do not give info of the other equipment that is used by the unit they are supplying. But due to specific marketting activities they always speck out their products .

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
Not sure as the company is Indian and sells Indian Army standard products but also features the Rothco Products which is a chinese company . So this can be considered sub-chinese. Maybe they have rights to manufacture them locally.
Rothco is an American surplus military goods company, whether few of their products are made in China is a different issue.

DivineHeretic

Country flag
What does it say in your language - if it ain't broken, don't fix it.

Batman or Sahayak system or club for senior officers work well enough that we have managed to come at top at every conflict we have been in since 1947, except 1962 which was screw up by the political leadership. Our army fought wars where fields were pretty much even and sometimes tilted against our boys, still they won.

So, believe what you want to. Our officer corps are competent bunch and the existing system makes them so. So there is no need to change the existing system.

Also, Sahayaks assist the officers in daily chores. Indian troops are not JCO or NCO run troops, but officer run troops. Officers have more work to do in an unit than their western counter parts. So, I don't find why should anyone have any problem with Batman system so long it is not affecting unit function adversely?
I generally do not comment on these threads. But this one needs a bit of context.

Dont fix what aint broken. The French army of 1940 would beg very very hard to disagree. So would the Imperial Japanese in 1942. And the Chinese in 1979. Everything works until it doesn't. You don't wait around waiting for the army to get destroyed as an institution before fixing it.

Sahayak system is an enslavement, nothing less and most certainly nothing more. A system designed for a colonial power, for the comfort of colonial officers at the expense of their Indian troops, has no place in a country that calls itself or even pretends to be a democracy. It is telling that the very entity basis which this system is styled, i.e. the British Army, did away with the system a long time back. It is and forever will be a disgrace to the army and to the country.

Sahayak system and the overall separation between officers and non-officers in Indian army is antediluvian in concept and construct. It was feasible when officers and non-officers came from two different societies/classes with very limited intermixing. Now officers and non-officers right down to the lowest ranks come from the same society, and nobody will put up with the systematic enslavement that sahayak system entails.

The officers' treatment of NCOs and non-officer ranks has already created major issues at company and battalion level in the recent past. Most people here forget the rebellion that broke out in entire battalions. Indians are slowly, but finally coming out of their acceptance of servitude. And as this grows, the outdated ideas and systems in Indian army will get stretched either to breaking point, or to course correction.

It is time for Indian army officers to learn that they are probably first among equals, not superiors humans. They command soldiers, not own slaves. Everything about the dynamics between officers and non-officers needs to change. Everything except the need for emotional separation between juniors and seniors and the requirement for absolute equality of juniors in the eyes of seniors.

Definitely not for this thread.

As for the competence of our senior staff, the Kargil war committee begs to disagree. Less said about the senior staff the better.

Note: A lot of officers, especially officers from the last two generations, treat their sahayaks as aides and not as sahayaks, and are dismayed by this system and horrified by how certain officers treat their sahayaks. However with the army the accolades and blame goes to the entire institution. So it should.

Last edited:

armyofhind

Country flag
A while back we weren’t sure if ALH Dhruv Pilots of Army Aviation have modern NVDs to insert SF for night ops, and now we can see that they do have Dual Tube NVDs(make unknown).
View attachment 115858
Dual Tube NVDs have been in Army Aviation Corps usage for quite some time now. Especially with 202 HU, Soaring Gideons as they're called. They routinely work with SF for infil and exfil jobs.

I remember seeing them in the Mission Army (I think it was called that only, don't remember the exact name) documentary series by Nat Geo in the Army Aviation Episode, atleast 7-8 years ago. (Correction - 10 years ago)

nods.png

Last edited:

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag
Dual Tube NVDs have been in Army Aviation Corps usage for quite some time now. Especially with 202 HU, Soaring Gideons as they're called. They routinely work with SF for infil and exfil jobs.

I remember seeing them in the Mission Army (I think it was called that only, don't remember the exact name) documentary series by Nat Geo in the Army Aviation Episode, atleast 7-8 years ago. (Correction - 10 years ago)

View attachment 115871
Okay , what is the difference in the sizes and capacity of the famous 202 HU Soaring Gideons with 160th SOAR . Like the latest comparison and its growth.. I know that the SOAR is the JSOCs favourite pet bird but what else

rkhanna

Country flag
Okay , what is the difference in the sizes and capacity of the famous 202 HU Soaring Gideons with 160th SOAR . Like the latest comparison and its growth.. I know that the SOAR is the JSOCs favourite pet bird but what else
The difference is between night and day, apple and oranges and thumbs up and gin and tonic.

One is a SOF the other isn't.

armyofhind

Country flag
Men wise, SOAR guys go through a selection that is almost to the level of SOF units. Not exactly at par, but quite close.

Machines wise, they operate a whole lot of different weight classes - from large Chinooks to small Little Birds.

Indian Army Aviators do serve in infantry or other arms before actually making it to Army Aviation.

Machines wise, the 202 HU only operates the Dhruv as far as I know.
In the Indian context, we do not need a unit the size of SOAR, because the Indian military isn't expeditionary in nature. Capability wise, never hurts to have more.

abingdonboy

Country flag
I'm sorry but I have to disagree with you , upon 1-1/2 year of Armasen entering the market one thing has become clear that although they chose to keep some things in secret it is highly unlikely that they wouldn't talk about their products in the description . There had been special forces purchases before by Para SF , Afghan Special forces and police units, etc and every time they chose to reveal their purchase products . They always demonstrate and give links to their products but choose to not mention units, personell information and their orders and its numbers . They also do not give info of the other equipment that is used by the unit they are supplying. But due to specific marketting activities they always speck out their products .
After the fact maybe (when it's made public), they certainly didn't talk about supplying MARCOs before the MALABAR photos were made public.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles