Indian Special Forces

ManhattanProject

Country flag

View attachment 114957

Guys, Tonbo Imaging has a new 5x40mm telescopic day sight🎉. Suitable for LMGs, MMGs and Battle rifles like the SIG 716.
View attachment 114958
That optic seems to be blocking the feed tray cover on that Negev..What are they going to do about that?

70081F90-1D68-4554-9654-3CFB74E54024.jpeg

Sarjen

Let me conclude, We're raising and sending SF with ill-equipped Machineries/technologies, no dedicated transports, Low quality clothings.

And yes we always need a incident or a CAG report to find the short comings. all these long conflicts, training with Western Mil, learning the future tech and doing something by looking ahead never comes into picture... no matter who's in power either in the political circle or in military Champers..... We're doomed.

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag
I'm literally gone offline for two weeks , and just when I return , I get a payload worth of SOF information shoved into my mouth

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
Given?

The IA consumes $20 billion USD annually- that’s 3-4X the ENTIRE Pak defence budget.

the army still has the batman system and god knows what other 1700s relics

IA isn’t a fighting force for the top leaders, it is a club.
What does it say in your language - if it ain't broken, don't fix it.

Batman or Sahayak system or club for senior officers work well enough that we have managed to come at top at every conflict we have been in since 1947, except 1962 which was screw up by the political leadership. Our army fought wars where fields were pretty much even and sometimes tilted against our boys, still they won.

So, believe what you want to. Our officer corps are competent bunch and the existing system makes them so. So there is no need to change the existing system.

Also, Sahayaks assist the officers in daily chores. Indian troops are not JCO or NCO run troops, but officer run troops. Officers have more work to do in an unit than their western counter parts. So, I don't find why should anyone have any problem with Batman system so long it is not affecting unit function adversely?

MrPresident

Country flag
They need to add a counterweight on their helmets, look how they are tilting forward

View attachment 115267
Counter weight for sights on the Helmet is the battery pack. I guess the Arjun thermal sights being multipurpose (Can be fitted on the gun as well) have the battery pack in built. Best way forward is to procure the combination of NVG and thermal built in.

ManhattanProject

Country flag
Counter weight for sights on the Helmet is the battery pack. I guess the Arjun thermal sights being multipurpose (Can be fitted on the gun as well) have the battery pack in built. Best way forward is to procure the combination of NVG and thermal built in.
No, you can use lead plates for counterweight too. When the batterypack weight isnt enough, lead weights can be added.

ManhattanProject

Country flag
To be frank helmet mounted thermals dont make sense to be, the new combo ones being tested are awesome but lets not jump the gun. NSG is still using monocular NVDs, it might take decades for them to reach that level.

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag
To be frank helmet mounted thermals dont make sense to be, the new combo ones being tested are awesome but lets not jump the gun. NSG is still using monocular NVDs, it might take decades for them to reach that level.
Well the NSG are the first ones adopt newer techniques and technology. We can expect faster development, that we loath for ... Post 26/11 , NSG grew faster than one expected , Within 12 years . Although it is quite a normal speed , as all the (comparatively) less developed units around the globe, grew as fast , following US and Euro-SF development .

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles