Indian Special Forces

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
NSG started testing the scar along with submachine guns in around 2018s from that batch sig mpx have become pretty common but other SMG vector has been shown in only one photo.but scar h and l are more seen.but most of the sig 550 series where bought after 26/11 and before that they were not that common.

abingdonboy

Country flag
NSG started testing the scar along with submachine guns in around 2018s from that batch sig mpx have become pretty common but other SMG vector has been shown in only one photo.but scar h and l are more seen.but most of the sig 550 series where bought after 26/11 and before that they were not that common.
Not testing, they have pretty much every small arm made in the last 20 years in limited quantities to give their operators familiarity, I guess in case they ever encounter them in an operation.

This is a practice I assume they picked up from GSG9, it's also done by tier 1 units in the US.

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
Not testing, they have pretty much every small arm made in the last 20 years in limited quantities to give their operators familiarity, I guess in case they ever encounter them in an operation.

This is a practice I assume they picked up from GSG9, it's also done by tier 1 units in the US.
If para sf and marcos also pick up that practice.even state police STFs have more variety

abingdonboy

Country flag

Attack dogs being used at 2:45.
The capabilities NSG have built up with their MWD/K9s is truly praise worthy- they are now using Malonois with remote recall and video feed capabilities and for the first time in this demo I saw them moving with the K9 off lead- that is the kind of capability the top Western units built up with their MWD in the last 2 decades, NSG's K9 program is something they've continually worked on and it's clearly paying off, kudos to them. I didn't think India would have the K9/MWD expertise anywhere in the nation to build up to this level.

+ All 3 (military) SFs should tap into this program at NSG and use it to source/build up their own MWD/K9s, I think so far only PARA (SF) has been seen with a MWD/K9 and that too only very rarely.

Last edited:

abingdonboy

Country flag
NSG 37th raising day
I wonder if operational tempo of NSG is high again because this was a much scaled down raising day as compared to other years, one demo with one HIT and some dogs, nothing like the multiple demos they usually put on.

Reminds me a few years ago they cancelled their raising day celebration because they were too operationally committed, things might be hectic behind the scenes.

+ Hope this is the model/standard NSG are moving to- every man gets NODs, not just point man.

Screenshot 2021-10-16 at 14.55.02.png

Screenshot 2021-10-16 at 15.02.00.png

ManhattanProject

Country flag
I wonder if operational tempo of NSG is high again because this was a much scaled down raising day as compared to other years, one demo with one HIT and some dogs, nothing like the multiple demos they usually put on.

Reminds me a few years ago they cancelled their raising day celebration because they were too operationally committed, things might be hectic behind the scenes.

+ Hope this is the model/standard NSG are moving to- every man gets NODs, not just point man.

View attachment 114882

View attachment 114883
Nods without Lazer aiming devices is a little sketchy.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles