Indian Special Forces

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag
For a sub machine gun the only choices are 9mm and 5.56x30mm( without exasperating the calibre clusterfuck), but 5.56x30 will directly be in competition with the JVPC. Hence 9mm.
IMO it’s probably targeted at units which want smaller calibre weapons for CQB(like those which have purchased B&T MP-9. Police forces and CAPFs too maybe interested. Don’t see any SF use for it though to replace Micro-UZIs as I think they should shift to 5.56x45 SBRs.
Did you have any other calibre in mind?
Why 5.56×45 , why not 300 blk , I think among the few steps that the AFSOD should make a choice in weapon selection , a small part of it should belong to purchasing suppresed SBRs with 300 blk . The only downside to this system is The Logistics Baggage , which is the annoying part , as u mentioned

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag
For a sub machine gun the only choices are 9mm and 5.56x30mm( without exasperating the calibre clusterfuck), but 5.56x30 will directly be in competition with the JVPC. Hence 9mm.
IMO it’s probably targeted at units which want smaller calibre weapons for CQB(like those which have purchased B&T MP-9. Police forces and CAPFs too maybe interested. Don’t see any SF use for it though to replace Micro-UZIs as I think they should shift to 5.56x45 SBRs.
Did you have any other calibre in mind?
And for how much time has Uzi been in service with us , prolly over 20 yrs right ? Then we should definitely look for an SBR

rkhanna

Country flag
That pistol needs a retirement , I dont think the Uzi Pro Kit oil massage is going to work on the old man , plus its probably expensive
Well for conceal carry for UC ops the micro Uzi has no real equivalent. The rate of fire is a high boon to operators stuck without help. So IMO can still be retained for those type of missions.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles