Indian Special Forces

rkhanna

Country flag
Infantry, tanks fleet upgraded, airforce upgraded, navy is getting modernised with new submarines they have modernised on all fronts. Yes there is cash crunch but sooner or later money will be back. They are sitting on circa 75trillion worth natural resources.
What has been upgraded? I am not talking about parade ground kit. Bulk of their army af and navy is a generation behind NATO.

JBH22

What has been upgraded? I am not talking about parade ground kit. Bulk of their army af and navy is a generation behind NATO.
Asymmetric response is enough they don't and cannot match dollar for dollar, they just have to develop credible deterrence which they did. If you remove USA their army is even better than french or Germany.

rkhanna

Country flag
Asymmetric response is enough they don't and cannot match dollar for dollar, they just have to develop credible deterrence which they did. If you remove USA their army is even better than french or Germany.
That was my point. They are developing their asymmetrical capability to still stay relevant in a world they have little to offer. Hence the current progress of their SOF

As for France and Germany , pound for pound probably not. As a whole sure - because quantity is a quality of its own

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
But u gotta look at it with time bound and resource bound perspective.

Europe had a bustling economy from 1970s to 2000s and not to mention they had industries since world war 1.
Everything about us is in Nascent stage.

It will take till 2040 to match NATO completely.

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
The IN literally tweeted it today

and what makes you think they have dramatically transformed?
I'll rephrase
I think I have seen a picture quite similar to this one in the same gear with Kalashnikovs with bakelite magazines

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
Yea but I wish they had chosen to develop it around a larger calibre
For a sub machine gun the only choices are 9mm and 5.56x30mm( without exasperating the calibre clusterfuck), but 5.56x30 will directly be in competition with the JVPC. Hence 9mm.
IMO it’s probably targeted at units which want smaller calibre weapons for CQB(like those which have purchased B&T MP-9. Police forces and CAPFs too maybe interested. Don’t see any SF use for it though to replace Micro-UZIs as I think they should shift to 5.56x45 SBRs.
Did you have any other calibre in mind?

rkhanna

Country flag
For a sub machine gun the only choices are 9mm and 5.56x30mm( without exasperating the calibre clusterfuck), but 5.56x30 will directly be in competition with the JVPC. Hence 9mm.
IMO it’s probably targeted at units which want smaller calibre weapons for CQB(like those which have purchased B&T MP-9. Police forces and CAPFs too maybe interested. Don’t see any SF use for it though to replace Micro-UZIs as I think they should shift to 5.56x45 SBRs.
Did you have any other calibre in mind?
Well the 556/30 would be closer to the 4.6/30 of the MP7 ? . Would have been more forward looking than the 9mm and could have served a more diverse mission set.

IMO they should have let it compete with the JPVC and the better gun should have gone into production

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles