Indian Special Forces

ManhattanProject

Country flag
Isn't that, like, given ...... :notsure:

Every other US Veteran from SF Community in YouTube has been in a DA raid (both day/night), which happens regularly
Unlike Indian SF who is pretty much only doing "encounters" in Low intensity conflict for the most part, again, I'm not asserting anything, I know that certain units do some bug in - bug out stuff, but nowhere near the magnitude, the OBL raid itself is a prime example of Umriki SF capability, we don't have the technological prowess, neither the will
Atleast that is my understanding, you can correct me if necessary
Hafiz Saeed is enjoying his life in Pakistan but Osama Bin Laden is dead. Tells you something about our capabilities.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Hafiz Saeed is enjoying his life in Pakistan but Osama Bin Laden is dead. Tells you something about our capabilities.
LoL, You know the day he gets droppt by India our diplomatic pressure and burden on Pakistan will be lessened, the reason he’s still alive is because his existence allows us to exert pressure on porkiland, otherwise R&AW showed him in Johar Town blast that we can neutralise him at will anytime anywhere.

ManhattanProject

Country flag
LoL, You know the day he gets droppt by India our diplomatic pressure and burden on Pakistan will be lessened, the reason he’s still alive is because his existence allows us to exert pressure on porkiland, otherwise R&AW showed him in Johar Town blast that we can neutralise him at will anytime anywhere.
Sure👍

SKC

Country flag
Not comparable scenarios.
US had access to Pakistan. They had bases there both army and Air strips.
We don't have any such liberty with us.

When we did had chance to do anything significant in Pakistan in 1980s and 90s the then Defense Ministers chickened out and leaked the plans to outside.

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
Not comparable scenarios.
US had access to Pakistan. They had bases there both army and Air strips.
We don't have any such liberty with us.

When we did had chance to do anything significant in Pakistan in 1980s and 90s the then Defense Ministers chickened out and leaked the plans to outside.
The black hawks came from Afghanistan to take OBL out.

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
Yes we all know.
Its known to everyone but the moment the porks realised their was a raid most of their attention was on India and they thought it was an indian attempt raiding their nuke facilities.US had a great plan and good luck that the returning chinooks or the black hawks weren't shot down

rkhanna

Country flag
Its known to everyone but the moment the porks realised their was a raid most of their attention was on India and they thought it was an indian attempt raiding their nuke facilities.US had a great plan and good luck that the returning chinooks or the black hawks weren't shot down
Well I would assume that the American raid came with an insane amount of EW jamming to take care of most of their SAM network (the bulk is facing India anyways)

Also an F16 was scrambled and the Americans told the Pakis to stand down

Sir pe tapla

Country flag
Well I would assume that the American raid came with an insane amount of EW jamming to take care of most of their SAM network (the bulk is facing India anyways)

Also an F16 was scrambled and the Americans told the Pakis to stand down
Unlike the US, we have the threat of PAF engaging us, why can't people understand this simple fact?

how do arm chair geniuses here want Indian SF to infiltrate this deep inside Pakistan, kill Hafiz and then exfiltrate without the Paf scrambling their jets or their SAMs detecting our helis?

"spine of the government", show me how you all are going to do this supposed raid.

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
Unlike the US, we have the threat of PAF engaging us, why can't people understand this simple fact?

how do arm chair geniuses here want Indian SF to infiltrate this deep inside Pakistan, kill Hafiz and then exfiltrate without the Paf scrambling their jets or their SAMs detecting our helis?

"spine of the government", show me how you all are going to do this supposed raid.
We had CIT-X and CIT-J in the old times
If he had an espionage network in place, you don't need Fancy stealth helos and ew stuff
All they need to do is poison his water supply or something, or even better plant an IED under some manhole and blow his a$$
Credits: my wet dreams and a hint of bollywood

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
We had CIT-X and CIT-J in the old times
If he had an espionage network in place, you don't need Fancy stealth helos and ew stuff
All they need to do is poison his water supply or something, or even better plant an IED under some manhole and blow his a$$
Credits: my wet dreams and a hint of bollywood
Or plant a bomb in his mic , magic Bollywood

Last edited:

rkhanna

Country flag

Well the while point of a SOF capability is to operate in denied Areas. This includes solutions/technology for infil and exfil. The SOKOs and Israelis routinely do raids / recce missions deep inside NoKo and Iran.

Simple fact is that we have gotten happy winning medals and promotions doing COIN. We were NoT ready during Kargil and we were ready last year against rh chinese. Sheer grit of the Jawan gets the job done.

The only people who are planning to win in a future environment seems to be the AF and to an extent the Navy - and they don't really do COIN do they

Waanar

Country flag
Well the while point of a SOF capability is to operate in denied Areas. This includes solutions/technology for infil and exfil. The SOKOs and Israelis routinely do raids / recce missions deep inside NoKo and Iran.

Simple fact is that we have gotten happy winning medals and promotions doing COIN. We were NoT ready during Kargil and we were ready last year against rh chinese. Sheer grit of the Jawan gets the job done.

The only people who are planning to win in a future environment seems to be the AF and to an extent the Navy - and they don't really do COIN do they
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Special forces are a very small portion of a war. Important, yes, but a small cog in the grinding gears of the enormous warmachine and we cannot be good judges of the ENTIRE Army.

Also, we don't know what's happening behind the scenes.
If the surgical strikes proved anything, it's that Paras are pretty comfortable in cross border raids. This comfort must've stemmed from previous operations.
Six teams (and probably more, in reserve somewhere in the forest as contingency) are a LARGE force. Especially on an alert border. It's not something you send a team to virgin territory to do.

Not to mention the other raids that followed in the years through.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles