Indian Special Forces

abingdonboy

Country flag
Interesting how the Russians never conduct such complex exercises with their ‘high speed’ units with India. Has india ever conducted anything beyond some basic room clearing/combat manoeuvres with them?

And yet for some reason india sends its SFs to take part in exercises with their conventional units consistently

C2780E03-E9B6-4352-B03D-B36940B8B079.jpeg

AF85912C-6F7F-4706-95A8-AA0EDB8F97C1.jpeg

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
This is what Army calls Panonods, Binocular Panoramic NVG. But this FOV can never be of Binod, it’s too big for a Binod and is of Tonbo’s BNVD-P Pano NVG.
“Wide Field of View”
1631561595251.jpeg

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag
So what we are expecting is seeing Tata Binocular NVGs presumably AN/PVS-31Ds in service in Navy and AF . If luck supports , which it is , we might get to see TAML High cut helmets in service . And there are laid down un-acknowledged RFIs in armed forces for PNVDs . And new update on the Quad Nods RFI of Northern Command ?

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag
And sorry to break in through your conversation about NODs , but about the news of AF personell receiving 716i s , a few weeks ago . Has anyone realized that we might get to see 716i with Fixed Magnification optics like the Meprolight x6 or x4 in the next Aero-India . Since we know that our favourite instagram special force takes modernization and uniformity more seriously than its Land and Naval brothers , and likes to show of the IWI-PLR inventory, we might have a good chance .:):confused1:

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag
I havent even seen garuds with helmets capable of mounting NVGs.
Well MKU mukuts can be fitted with a NVG shroud and clamp , so there is not much to think about it . And I think according to the role Garud performs, and its power extent , ACHs are a decent choice . As I cant remember them having done many high intensity ops compared to Para or Marcos , so high cuts are an unneeded purchase

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
Well MKU mukuts can be fitted with a NVG shroud and clamp , so there is not much to think about it . And I think according to the role Garud performs, and its power extent , ACHs are a decent choice . As I cant remember them having done many high intensity ops compared to Para or Marcos ,
It's not about Instagram special forces taking modernisation seriously
Their kit is only "decent"
But Instagram special forces has actually standardised the kit across more widely

so high cuts are an unneeded purchase
They'll have high cuts very soon, how else they gonna mount the NVGs in the tender, every Special forces unit has moved on to high cuts, even for jumps Garuds use those thick bump helmets when others are using High cut bump helmets, not to mention you cannot attach any NODs on current Garud helmets like @ManhattanProject pointed out, so it is only logical for them to go for High cuts/full cuts with side rails and integrated NVG mounts

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles