Indian Special Forces

Gessler

Country flag
Is this guy trustable?
It's from Russian source:

Translated:

""In mid-August, a batch of AK-15 was shipped to India, which will be used by special units of a number of Indian states," the press service said."

Possibly Greyhounds or some such State Police unit, they've a habit of collecting firearms from around the world.

Gessler

Country flag

Chakraborty

Country flag
View attachment 106515picture of SFs soldiers from today's shopian encounter. :lehappy:
I bet the seals and the US army SF (aka the green berets) from even Vietnam war were equipped to this standard. Hell, the MACV-SOGs in the 1970s were way-better equipped than the current para sf.
Even some kashmiri militants are better equipped than them.
Some times I wonder where do these guys keep their spare mags since there are no mag pouches visible. What about med-kits ? Ear protection is virtually non-existant in Indian context. Where are the ballistic eye potection? Where are the comms set?(every US sof operator is issued with a SDR).Forget about speed reload pouches, dump pouch and hydration bladder alteast give them the bare minimum!!!!!
You cannot give a operator a shemagh ,a patka ,a pouchless "plate carrier"(or maybe a single pouch is visible??),a tavor and ask him to operate in Kashmir valley. It is a crime!!!
Hell!!!!
They do not even have gloves!!!!!!
This is not even frustrating but rather "PAINFUL" to see our elites in this state!!!!
Once again, HELLLLLLLLL!!!!

abingdonboy

Country flag
View attachment 106520
View attachment 106521
Chinese and Russian special forces participating in the Russian "tactical shooter" competition,
When is the last time the Russians sent one of their top elite units to train in India or with an Indian unit? When Indian SFs train with Russian units it’s almost always their conventional formations

Do the elite Russians consider the training value too minimal to work with an Indian SF?

abingdonboy

Country flag
I bet the seals and the US army SF (aka the green berets) from even Vietnam war were equipped to this standard. Hell, the MACV-SOGs in the 1970s were way-better equipped than the current para sf.
Even some kashmiri militants are better equipped than them.
Some times I wonder where do these guys keep their spare mags since there are no mag pouches visible. What about med-kits ? Ear protection is virtually non-existant in Indian context. Where are the ballistic eye potection? Where are the comms set?(every US sof operator is issued with a SDR).Forget about speed reload pouches, dump pouch and hydration bladder alteast give them the bare minimum!!!!!
You cannot give a operator a shemagh ,a patka ,a pouchless "plate carrier"(or maybe a single pouch is visible??),a tavor and ask him to operate in Kashmir valley. It is a crime!!!
Hell!!!!
They do not even have gloves!!!!!!
This is not even frustrating but rather "PAINFUL" to see our elites in this state!!!!
Once again, HELLLLLLLLL!!!!
I was wondering about the lack of mag pouches too, they don’t even appear to have a secondary weapon between them to it’s the 30 rounds in their primary and then….?

Some seem to take it very personally when I say that they are toy soldiers well stuff like this isn’t helping change my opinion. If you don’t act professionally or seriously then why should they expect others to?

30+ years operating in this environment and this is what they turn out like?

India only has special forces on paper to tick that box.

abingdonboy

Country flag
I understand your frustration but seriously a special force can't be a good one without any experience
At most you can say they are untested, but they have the right approach and from what I’ve seen some top notch training infrastructure

I’m pretty sure within the next 5 years they’ll be getting plenty of experience all over Africa, S.America and Mid East so there won’t even the that comfort anymore.

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I was wondering about the lack of mag pouches too, they don’t even appear to have a secondary weapon between them to it’s the 30 rounds in their primary and then….?

Some seem to take it very personally when I say that they are toy soldiers well stuff like this isn’t helping change my opinion. If you don’t act professionally or seriously then why should they expect others to?

Nothing can be expected from para

Aditya Ballal

Country flag

lixun

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

This is a military competition. India can also send special forces to participate. Even Vietnam special forces have participated in the competition. It is important for China to understand Russia’s combat experience in Syria. China also invites Russian special forces officers and retired Western special forces officers to teach skills in China, of course it costs a lot of money

Chakraborty

Country flag
When is the last time the Russians sent one of their top elite units to train in India or with an Indian unit? When Indian SFs train with Russian units it’s almost always their conventional formations

Do the elite Russians consider the training value too minimal to work with an Indian SF?
What you have pointed out is really interesting. I also do not have any recollection of an elite russian unit training with the para sf specially. I do remember seeing the naval spetsnaz train with MARCOS but none with the para !!!! Even the green berets are seen training with the para sf but no russian SOF unit. Even the russian sf trained with paki SSG(a year back ig!!).
Perhaps the russie sof considers itself competent enough in CT and other sf tasks and russia does not consider COIN as a primary sf task. Or maybe it considers the experience of Indian sf not useful in Russian context.

rkhanna

Country flag
Primary COIN in the valley is CASO where overwhelming number and fire superiority is on our side and the logistics train is right next to the shooters. (Not talking about the interdiction ops in the mountains or LOC - but even those are force in force ops)

When our SF has to fight in situations like this: (specifically read the citations in the article)

Then our SF gear will get upgraded.
(Notice - Americans don't always fight under CAS)

abingdonboy

Country flag
This is a military competition. India can also send special forces to participate. Even Vietnam special forces have participated in the competition. It is important for China to understand Russia’s combat experience in Syria. China also invites Russian special forces officers and retired Western special forces officers to teach skills in China, of course it costs a lot of money
I respect China’s outward looking approach, there’s a lot of imitation going on but that is positive- China is picking up global best practices and isn’t wedded to cumbersome ‘tradition’

rkhanna

Country flag
I respect China’s outward looking approach, there’s a lot of imitation going on but that is positive- China is picking up global best practices and isn’t wedded to cumbersome ‘tradition’
Like I have said before. In the 70s everyone said that of the Japanese , in the 90s and 2000s everyone said it of the Koreans.

But sare jaha se accha

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles